Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I totally get that @Leolamins. I told him off and warned him but my IC approach was met with...OOC justifications trying to save face.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Aiyana said:
    Sent By: Preston on 04/24/17:57
    ((You're hot. Can we hang out?))

Who is this, and why on earth....? ...whatever.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Preston weirds me out. I had a really weird conversation with him.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If you're going to tell a ice goddess that a musicbox is utilitarian, you should probably come up with a reason -beforehand-.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Leolamins said:
    Karlach said:
    On the forums or not, always issue that crap. Guy quit the commune shortly after, may have suicided. For the record if you do catch Gloms afk influencing then feel free to declare free shatter them. If you don't want your hands dirty, we've plenty of people who can and will kill them without any complications.
    Regardless of being afk or not, if you are influencing a Mag guard stack and are asked to leave and don't, that is the standard response.

I'd expect nothing less. I meant the afkers out in the world. There has been a large number of these of lare, and it's really making it hard to procure Bromides.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited April 2014
    For what it's worth I spoke to that guy briefly and didn't experience any of the problems other people had with him. He was polite with his questions and listened to my answers.

ETA: I was referring to the Harb noob, not Preston! Sorry, this wasn't clear.
  • No problems with Preston here, but Ciaran isn't exactly model status either.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Wtb envoy reports :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Pft. If you guys had just listened...
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    But listening is hard...
    play blanknote Xenthos
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

I wasn't in the room, was focusing on breaking the demesne. And my wish for envoy reports largely has to do with things like people drowning in my demesne not attributing the kill to me. We were doing pretty well early on.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Neos said:
    Wtb envoy reports :(
    I, for one, have actually been pretty happy to have the long break from them.
  • edited April 2014
    It all went south when you popped down and left @Aeden up there by himself, gave us a chance to setup a proper foothold. You were beating us quite nicely beforehand. Why did you guys pop down? We were always going to come back :p
    Chade said:
    It all went south when you popped down and left @Aeden up there by himself, gave us a chance to setup a proper foothold. You were beating us quite nicely beforehand. Why did you guys pop down? We were always going to come back :p
    When? I was also running really low on power(largely due to poor power management on my part) and had to get some. You also were gaining people faster than we were, even when your side had more from the beginning. We also weren't fighting in an OP Pyromesne most of the time.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited April 2014
    Neos said:
    Chade said:
    When? I was also running really low on power(largely due to poor power management on my part) and had to get some. You also were gaining people faster than we were, even when your side had more from the beginning. We also weren't fighting in an OP Pyromesne most of the time.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, -our- side had more people from the beginning?

edit:
    Stage 1: Yarith, Idrazil, Siam vs Raeri, Neos, Aeden, Barrin
    early Stage 2: Chade, Idrazil, Siam vs Raeri, Neos, Aeden, Barrin, Enadonella+Aqua meld
    mid Stage 2(when it got stalled): Synkarin, Lerad, Chade, Idrazil, Siam+Pyro Meld being slowly laid out vs Raeri, Neos, Aeden, Barrin, Enadonella, Kelly, Rivius + Aqua meld
    late Stage 2(when Chade got the meld going): Subotai, Tirah, Synkarin, Lerad, Chade, Idrazil, Siam + Pyro meld vs Raeri, Neos, Aeden, Barrin, Enadonella, Kelly, Rivius

and before anyone accuses us, we didn't batphone anyone. People just logged on.

edit:

Your Aquamesne is just as OP in that you kept tossing us about. Sheesh. We kept dying because we kept getting picked off.

#bringShikariback 

• edited April 2014
    Siam has a point there, Aqua melds are bloody lovely for splitting groups. 

I'm also not really sure why you ever needed to leave the entrance room? Trying to give constructive criticism here not be nasty. You could have camped it with a group, left Aeden killing stuff solo and icewalled it. We pop up, Aeden rushes the dock. Entrance is unbreakable and escaping that would have been a bitch. You could have just sat out from the room and staff-cast us to death while Raeri, Barrin, Aeden and Ena killed us. 

When Sidd showed up, you'd have had to adjust your tactics somewhat since we could have used the epic entrance, but by the time Sidd showed up I already had a partial meld near to the Sceptre and we were able to just pop in and rush my meld. If you'd kept holding the entrance, Kelly and Rivius turning up with you guys in an unbreakable meld would have won it for you, particularly as Kelly would have had time to pit it. 

EDIT: It does also sound like you guys need to work on your targeting more, I know you weren't in the room at the time @Neos but @Rivius is right, I tend to stick around way too long fighting in the room and I was very nearly dead twice until targeting switched to Sidd and gave me a chance to escape.
    Siam said:
    Neos said:
    Chade said:
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, -our- side had more people from the beginning?

edit:
    Stage 1: Yarith, Idrazil, Siam vs Raeri, Neos, Aeden, Barrin
    early Stage 2: Chade, Idrazil, Siam vs Raeri, Neos, Aeden, Barrin, Enadonella+Aqua meld
    mid Stage 2(when it got stalled): Synkarin, Lerad, Chade, Idrazil, Siam+Pyro Meld being slowly laid out vs Raeri, Neos, Aeden, Barrin, Enadonella, Kelly, Rivius + Aqua meld
    late Stage 2(when Chade got the meld going): Subotai, Tirah, Synkarin, Lerad, Chade, Idrazil, Siam + Pyro meld vs Raeri, Neos, Aeden, Barrin, Enadonella, Kelly, Rivius

and before anyone accuses us, we didn't batphone anyone. People just logged on.

edit:

Your Aquamesne is just as OP in that you kept tossing us about. Sheesh. We kept dying because we kept getting picked off.

Barrin never came up in the main domoth realm for stage 1. Kelly arrived at the tail end, I believe after Sidd did.
    It started as You, Yarith and Idrazil vs me and Aeden, then Raeri joined in.
    Then it went as You, Lerad, Idrazil and Chade vs me, Raeri, Aeden, Barrin and Enadonella (this is the 1 point where we had more people)
    Sometime during that part, Raeri dc'd at least twice and Barrin left, so it was You, Lerad, Idrazil and Chade, vs me, Aeden and Enadonella
    You then gained Tirah and Sidd and we gained Rivius.
    After that we gained Kelly, but you also then gained Subotai.
    In the time it would have taken Aeden to finish claiming, Hiriako logged in, so in the end it was:
    Siam, Lerad, Idrazil, Chade, Synkarin, Tirah, and Subotai with Eritheyl in the wings if need be I think
    vs
    me, Kelly, Aeden, Raeri, Enadonella, Barrin, and Rivius with no one in the wings. After taking a proper look, the numbers difference wasn't huge, but I never said it was.
    Aquamesne doesn't do much, compared to a Pyromesne, in so many ways and you didn't get pushed around by currents until later in the fight, which kept you alive longer. I fully accept we loss and know what played in our loss, my comment in regards to envoy reports more had to do with various oversights and issues I felt with different aspects of my skills, without needing to make a long post about it.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I was actually just there for appeal factor.
    I don't actually know what a domoth is.... I thoroughly enjoyed it though! 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    edited April 2014
    Barrin came up to the Domoth Realms to fight. Sheesh. How come you forgot this?

It started as me and Idrazil vs you and Aeden.
    Raeri and Barrin showed up so I asked Yarith to come up.
    We were then defeated.(Remember that part of the fight where we got all killed and then you killed my nightmare so I sent you pixies?)
    Aeden got Stage 1.

So no you guys weren't outnumbered from the beginning. :shrug:

Also, GTELLS:

15) Siam: "Fugue Barrin after."
    16) Yarith: "Alright. I can only come once more though. My soul is beckoning."
    17) Siam: "It's fine."
    18) Siam: "Just need to maze Neos out."
    19) Aislynn: "Good morning, Harbingers."
    20) Siam: "Greetings, Lady Song."

Yarith never came up to Bottledowns, no reason for me to say that during Stage 2. And I wouldn't really say that if Barrin weren't there now, would I?

I have no issue with your tweet about the envoy reports. It is largely with the claim that you guys were outnumbered.  :-/

edit:

Aquamesne doesn't do much, compared to a Pyromesne, in so many ways and you didn't get pushed around by currents until later in the fight, which kept you alive longer.

^ Disagree. I definitely got pushed around a lot even during stage 1, and of course, it happened when in stage 2.

#bringShikariback 

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Look, you can claim numbers game all you want, but it doesn't matter

For instance, the first scuffle I was in

It was Chade, Tirah, Lerad, Siam, Idrazil and myself against Neos, Aeden, Raeri, Barrin, Enadonella and Rivius

my scent after you entered

8986h, 7067m, 8900e, 10p, 29317en, 24438w melrxkb<>- Si!~Sc HSPFA
    You snort and snuffle at the air, sensing through a ridiculous pig nose upon your face the faint 
    traces of others in the surrounding area.
    Barrin: 10080, 10067, 10069, ...the inner wall
    Enadonella: 10080, 10067, 10069, ...the inner wall
    Rivius: 10080, 10067, 10069, ...the inner wall
    Raeri: 10080, 10067, 10069, ...the inner wall
    Chade: 10049, 10057, 10065, ...the middle wall
    Tirah: 10049, 10057, 10065, ...the middle wall
    Neos: 10080, 10067, 10069, ...the inner wall
    Siam: 10049, 10057, 10065, ...the middle wall
    Lerad: 10049, 10057, 10065, ...the middle wall
    Aeden: 10080, 10067, 10069, ...the inner wall
    Idrazil: 10049, 10057, 10065, ...the middle wall
    8986h, 7067m, 8900e, 10p, 29307en, 24438w melrxkb<>- Si!~Sc HSPFA

Yes, we added Subotai, you added Kelly, So again, dead even fight(numberwise).

And when it boils down to it, close numbers don't matter as much, it's only lopsided numbers that really make a difference. For instance, poor Enadonella kept dying from meld/song effects. (don't get disheartened, keep trying Enadonella!)  I felt this fight was pretty even odds honestly. It sounds like we focused better overall, and thus got the win. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Not going to comment on what I didn't see, but for the last and only attempt that I was there, our group was definitely unprepared and disorganized. What frustrated me was that we probably would have won if our claimer didn't quit. I wanted to play. :(
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Kelly said:
    Not going to comment on what I didn't see, but for the last and only attempt that I was there, our group was definitely unprepared and disorganized. What frustrated me was that we probably would have won if our claimer didn't quit. I wanted to play. :(
    I disagree because we had it in the bag :p

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kelly said:
    But I would have thrown myself into a fight with no rhyme or reason, time and time again until I accomplished my goal...

We only needed 10 minutes!
    I've actually seen you win a Domoth that way, when we challenged with something like 10 minutes left on the claim.  Mucklemarsh, I think.  You guys just kept suiciding in over and over and over and over and over.
  • @Kelly, I love those types of fights, I usually do that even if we don't look like winning. Victory always tastes better when you win like that.
This discussion has been closed.