Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Silvanus said:
    I'll let the irony of complaining about someone else's complaining set in in

I didn't complain about Neos. My comment to Neos was tongue in cheek until you started crapping bricks all over the thread over nothing. I really don't understand what's so hard to get.  
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kagato said:
    I kind of wonder though if such petulant acts like kicking something someone is influencing then running off could be considered a form of harassment, there are in-game methods of dealing with it if you are unhappy with competition, such as shattering them through debating, or killing them outright.  Kicking a monster with a weak attack so it no longer responds to influencing could be considered mechanic abuse.
    Why would it be any more of a harassment thing than someone coming in and attacking the creatures you are attacking?

Sure, it might be annoying, but it's not abuse... mobs are specifically designed to not want to influence when they are feeling aggressive.  It has always been that way, and it's something that has been used under various scenarios for years.

Maybe a more accurate statement is light hearted jabbing, friendly joshing, a text wedgie. So chill and but the crazy back in the can.

Celina said:

Maybe a more accurate statement is light hearted jabbing, friendly joshing, a text wedgie. So chill and but the crazy back in the can.

I hope you meant "put".
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    "Neos can stop complaining about how terribad aquas are, which he does consistently, and you can stop bitchfitting over nothing."

"I didn't complain about Neos. My comment to Neos was tongue in cheek until you started crapping bricks all over the thread over nothing. I really don't understand what's so hard to get.   "

One of these statements is false.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Silvanus said:
    Kagato said:
    I kind of wonder though if such petulant acts like kicking something someone is influencing then running off could be considered a form of harassment, there are in-game methods of dealing with it if you are unhappy with competition, such as shattering them through debating, or killing them outright.  Kicking a monster with a weak attack so it no longer responds to influencing could be considered mechanic abuse.
    If they are there, they'll call me out on it and we can have a nice in character discussion about the dangers of influencing certain areas while other people are there.

If they aren't there, they won't notice, and should've been issued to begin with.
    That kind of thing is fine, plus I agree with that since it also makes the newer player aware of the risks since it may be an enemy stepping into there, that may not hesitate to kill them, auto-influencing needs to be ISSUEd, enough said.  Like I added in my earlier post, it is when people go "I WAS HERE FIRST, OUT OUT OUT!!!!1!1one", it reeks of selfishness.  If you can chain world-shattering critical hits, more power to you, you'll still get a good 90% of the kills while the youngling gets a small hit of experience towards their own goal of reaching demigod.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    Kagato said:
    Silvanus said:
    Kagato said:
    If they are there, they'll call me out on it and we can have a nice in character discussion about the dangers of influencing certain areas while other people are there.

If they aren't there, they won't notice, and should've been issued to begin with.
    That kind of thing is fine, plus I agree with that since it also makes the newer player aware of the risks since it may be an enemy stepping into there, that may not hesitate to kill them, auto-influencing needs to be ISSUEd, enough said.  Like I added in my earlier post, it is when people go "I WAS HERE FIRST, OUT OUT OUT!!!!1!1one", it reeks of selfishness.  If you can chain world-shattering critical hits, more power to you, you'll still get a good 90% of the kills while the youngling gets a small hit of experience towards their own goal of reaching demigod.
    Again, then I could explain to that person ICly of the dangers of being in the area with someone like me. I'm really talking about only the 18 year olds who come into the area and start influencing, not any person who comes into the area.

If not, then I could just find out that they were afk influencing, and issue.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Eodh said:
    I personally don't see anything wrong with young, high-level characters. I mean, we balance around Demigod with multiple Trans'd skills, right? Why are we suddenly being snippy at people who just want to achieve that?
    I don't mind people who want to get demigod. Really, I don't. I mean, I'm trying to get demigod, and when I'm demigod, I hope people continue to aim for and get demigod.

What I mind is that there are low level influencing and bashing areas specifically meant for people of lower levels that, many have found, are unnecessary. Unnecessary to the point of going around it for the sake of getting levels. My character, for example, would be far more likely to kill things if there were worthwhile things to kill at level 99 that wouldn't eat her face instantly or nearly thereso. But it's not feasible, and influencing is sadly much faster. Additionally, I have seen people roll warriors and then only influence. Why? Because you need to be a demigod to be a good/decent fighter, and to get there, you need to level, and it's much quicker and safer to influence.

If influencing was changed today to be slower or more difficult, as I sit here at approximately 60% of the way through demigod, I would not complain. Even if it added an RL year onto my getting demigod, I wouldn't complain. Influencing is the best and only way to level quickly, safely, in this game. And that it is so easy to game the game (also known as metagame) in this way is bothersome on many levels.
    Xenthos said:
    Kagato said:
    Why would it be any more of a harassment thing than someone coming in and attacking the creatures you are attacking?

Sure, it might be annoying, but it's not abuse... mobs are specifically designed to not want to influence when they are feeling aggressive.  It has always been that way, and it's something that has been used under various scenarios for years.
    Because if it is two people attacking a creature using melee strikes, it comes down to who can kill it first.  Sure it's a [censored] move, but it is a perfectly valid tactic.  Now if someone follows you around, REPEATEDLY stealing your kills, even after leaving a zone, that can be considered harassment.

Walking up to a denizen that someone is using influence skills on and newbie-kicking them using a weak attack so that it no longer responds to any influence based attacks, leaving the person influencing with the option of attack-or-run is abusing the way denizen combat mechanics are set up.

Silvanus said:
    "Neos can stop complaining about how terribad aquas are, which he does consistently, and you can stop bitchfitting over nothing."

"I didn't complain about Neos. My comment to Neos was tongue in cheek until you started crapping bricks all over the thread over nothing. I really don't understand what's so hard to get.   "

One of these statements is false.

One of my fingers demonstrates how much I care.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Moral of the this influencing story,

Nerf Ikons

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Kagato said:
    Xenthos said:
    Kagato said:

Because if it is two people attacking a creature using melee strikes, it comes down to who can kill it first.  Sure it's a [censored] move, but it is a perfectly valid tactic.  Now if someone follows you around, REPEATEDLY stealing your kills, even after leaving a zone, that can be considered harassment.

Walking up to a denizen that someone is using influence skills on and newbie-kicking them using a weak attack so that it no longer responds to any influence based attacks, leaving the person influencing with the option of attack-or-run is abusing the way denizen combat mechanics are set up.
    Me vs. a newbie... the odds of the newbie getting the killing blow are pretty tiny.  It's not really a fair match in any way, shape, or form.

I still do not see the abuse you claim.  It's not abuse, it is how they are designed to behave.  Mobs do not want to talk when they are in fight-mode.

I mean, heck, I could just debate the newbie and shatter them, leaving them unable to influence anywhere for quite some time; that is also a perfectly valid tactic (and if they are not paying attention, they will not only eat the loss to being shattered, they will also lose xp when the mob responds to them when they are at 0 ego).

I guess we will just have different views on this, but I have zero tolerance for afk-influence-or-bash gen-runners.  I personally feel like they are harassing everyone else by taking up resources which other people who are actually contributors to the game would like to enjoy.
  • Zouviqil said:
    I don't mind people who want to get demigod. Really, I don't. I mean, I'm trying to get demigod, and when I'm demigod, I hope people continue to aim for and get demigod.

What I mind is that there are low level influencing and bashing areas specifically meant for people of lower levels that, many have found, are unnecessary. Unnecessary to the point of going around it for the sake of getting levels. My character, for example, would be far more likely to kill things if there were worthwhile things to kill at level 99 that wouldn't eat her face instantly or nearly thereso. But it's not feasible, and influencing is sadly much faster. Additionally, I have seen people roll warriors and then only influence. Why? Because you need to be a demigod to be a good/decent fighter, and to get there, you need to level, and it's much quicker and safer to influence.

If influencing was changed today to be slower or more difficult, as I sit here at approximately 60% of the way through demigod, I would not complain. Even if it added an RL year onto my getting demigod, I wouldn't complain. Influencing is the best and only way to level quickly, safely, in this game. And that it is so easy to game the game (also known as metagame) in this way is bothersome on many levels.
    I think you're equating 'young / 18-year-old' with 'low-level'. For me, I influenced Newton until level 20. Villages until level 30. Guards until level 60. Tosha, Caoimhe Dell, Wydyr, and kephera until level 80. I only started Icewynd and Lirangsha from 80 onwards.

All of it done in three days.

Checking the Level Guide for Influencing thread, most of the areas I influenced were level-appropriate. And I did it when I was IG 16 years old. I was already influencing Icewynd and Lirangsha at that game age. Would I be classified with 'low-level 18 year old characters influencing an area above their level'?

We balance at Demigod+. It shouldn't be a surprise that people want to achieve that as quickly as possible.

• I'd say a major part of the problem is that "80-100" is a much more dramatic spectrum than "1-20." 80 is just not comparable to 95 or 100.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    edited April 2014
    Xenthos said:

I guess we will just have different views on this, but I have zero tolerance for afk-influence-or-bash gen-runners.  I personally feel like they are harassing everyone else by taking up resources which other people who are actually contributors to the game would like to enjoy.
    I think we may have crossed wires.  I'm talking about people running in and newbie-kicking denizens when someone is FULLY ATTENTIVE AND AT THEIR KEYBOARD (aka NOT AFK-influencing) because they are pissed that someone DARED come in and start influence in THEIR stomping ground. 

If they are AFK, they should be ISSUEd, simple as that.  It is never wise to assume that someone is afk-influencing (personally I NEVER would do that, I don't want to set a bad example for other newcomers within Celest)

• It's already become that. I've seen 20-year-old Demigods here more than once, from influencing and aetherbashing more often than not. I don't see a problem with it, honestly. Demigod is where balance exists. It also seems to be where most combat exists (Domoths, with the exception of stage 2). It should be accessible to players in a timeframe shorter than a month.

Or, combat could be reworked so that Demigod isn't the entry-level. That works, too.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Kagato said:
    Xenthos said:

I think we may have crossed wires.  I'm talking about people running in and newbie-kicking denizens when someone is FULLY ATTENTIVE AND AT THEIR KEYBOARD (aka NOT AFK-influencing) because they are pissed that someone DARED come in and start influence in THEIR stomping ground. 
    Still not seeing how kicking a denizen is any worse from flat-out attacking and killing the mob. Or killing the player. Or debating them. Use doesn't always equal abuse, this is getting outlandish.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, getting demigod (or at least a major headstart on it) has become incredibly easy.

Legendary ikon: +200% experience
    Kiss of the fates: +100% experience
    Goldentonic: +100 experience
    1st arena duel win: +50% experience
    Harmony blessing: +50% experience (NEEDS VERIFICATION AS TO HOW MUCH IT REALLY GIVES)
    1st freezetag win: +50% experience
    1st slippers win: +50% experience
    100 vermin killed: +50% experience
    Influence achievement: +50-75% experience (depending on if you got 100 or 1000 influences)
    hunting achievement: +50-75% experience (depending on if you got 100 or 1000 kills)
    Cookie from an urtrap: +10% experience

If someone was to stack all those (not incredibly difficult) You'd have a MASSIVE +750-800% experience gain for 24 hours.  (And I checked a while back, there is NO cap on how high the experience bonus can be boosted.  Stacking all your achievements like this is PERFECTLY valid and legal)   And assuming you wanted to take a break from influencing and bash for a little bit, you'd still have a 550-600% boost, taking out the influence-only gain.

EDIT: Heck, with a 600% experience boost, I almost shudder to think how quickly someone could burn through the 90-demi bracket with a determined aetherhunt...

• On on unrelated topic, I think I'm now cured of wanting to start conversations with random people. Never. Again.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Kagato said:
    Yeah, getting demigod (or at least a major headstart on it) has become incredibly easy.

Legendary ikon: +200% experience
    Kiss of the fates: +100% experience
    Goldentonic: +100 experience
    1st arena duel win: +50% experience
    Harmony blessing: +50% experience
    1st freezetag win: +50% experience
    1st slippers win: +50% experience
    100 vermin killed: +50% experience
    Influence achievement: +50-75% experience (depending on if you got 100 or 1000 influences)
    hunting achievement: +50-75% experience (depending on if you got 100 or 1000 kills)
    Cookie from an urtrap: +10% experience

If someone was to stack all those (not incredibly difficult) You'd have a MASSIVE +750-800% experience gain for 24 hours.  (And I checked a while back, there is NO cap on how high the experience bonus can be boosted.  Stacking all your achievements like this is PERFECTLY valid and legal)   And assuming you wanted to take a break from influencing and bash for a little bit, you'd still have a 550-600% boost, taking out the influence-only gain.

EDIT: Heck, with a 600% experience boost, I almost shudder to think how quickly someone could burn through the 90-demi bracket with a determined aetherhunt...

You forgot the bonus EXP from having a subscription.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Not all of those stack, and I'm pretty darn sure Harmony isn't that strong.
    edited April 2014
    Pretty much all of them do. I know, I did it for 98-demi, then spent the entire time in Eventru's godrealm.  I remember because I ISSUEd the divine a long time ago just before a greathunt, trying to calculate how high you could boost your experience gain and whether or not they would all stack with the bonus you get from the Greathunt - they replied that there is no cap and that bonuses stacked

Before: approx 0.01% exp per successful influence
    after: Approx 0.08% exp per successful.

• I think Harmony is 10%?
    It's WAY more than 10%, considering how much priority people usually put on getting Harmony blessing above the others.

edited April 2014
    Zouviqil said:
    You forgot the bonus EXP from having a subscription.
    Didn't include that because it takes 5 IRL months to ramp up to the maximum bonus of 25% - first month you get it, it is only 5%  Also I tried to include only things that people do not need to spend RL money on.  (Yes, you CAN spend money on credits for a Kiss of the Fates, but you don't NEED to - you can afford one by the time you hit level 25 - before you are even booted out of Newton Caverns)

Harmony is either 5-10%

Autumn and Bloodrage are both 5% as well (though bloodrage is 10% in taint)
  • I stacked harmony, lips, golden tonic, cookies, revive bonus, arena bonus and rat bonus and was getting .1% per in climanti past
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The issue is Faeling/Trill and maybe Merian Seasingers all have such a high base Cha that you can do Lirangsha/Cp at 60 with just the lessons provided by achievements and levelling.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    specced bard trill is redonk, why was it made so a non demi class could have demi-like cha :/
This discussion has been closed.