General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Dear brain, good morning it is 5am. Please switch off so that I may sleep. Thanks

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I know what you mean Mork. Was lying in bed from 11pm-3am. Log into Lusty from my tablet and see a new area so had to hop on.
  • Karlach said:
    Dear brain, good morning it is 5am. Please switch off so that I may sleep. Thanks
    I know that feel bro.  Happens to me from time to time.  And after going to bed later than normal last night, my brain decides I need to wake up at 5 this morning, 2 hours ahead of schedule.  I couldn't sleep and just laid there for 2 hours.  I should have just gotten up then, gone to work 2 hours early, got my shit done, and gone home 2 hours early.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Working Saturday shifts sucks. I can't wait to be finished with school and get one of those 9-5 desk jobs all my working friends complain about.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hey dawg, I haven't had a weekend without work (unless I requested time off) in over a decade. It helps if you don't have friends who want to do things on the actual weekends, so you can just treat your Monday-Tuesday as the weekend. :/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Tatyana said:
    Working Saturday shifts sucks. I can't wait to be finished with school and get one of those 9-5 desk jobs all my working friends complain about.
    The 9-5 is kind of nice(it's actually 8-5 for me...with a one hour lunch beak thrown in).  

The downside is there are no shifts or covering...if I need a day off, I have to use a vacation day...which you only have so many of.  But at least I'm getting paid for not being at work on those days.
    Stangmar - Retired

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    1am email from my nightowl of a PhD supervisor: "How did you arrive at the equation ... of your summary?"

Cue drawing a total blank and panic when I can't remember or find details of a calculation last considered months ago. Said equation is the starting point of several months work. If it's wrong, all work done in those months is useless.

30 mins later, another email. 'Ah, it's ok, you're correct...'

It will be a while before my heart stops racing. PhD panic may be getting to me a bit!

• Ushaara said:
    1am email from my nightowl of a PhD supervisor: "How did you arrive at the equation ... of your summary?"

Cue drawing a total blank and panic when I can't remember or find details of a calculation last considered months ago. Said equation is the starting point of several months work. If it's wrong, all work done in those months is useless.

30 mins later, another email. 'Ah, it's ok, you're correct...'

It will be a while before my heart stops racing. PhD panic may be getting to me a bit!

Does your professor really use the ellipsis or are you just summarizing? Guy at work sends emails containing nothing but 1-2 sentences, and he ends them all with '...' which makes him come off as very hostile, and it drives me crazy because I'm not sure if he just over-uses it out of habit or if he hates my guts  :-/
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Just reading it, it looks like the first one is an ellipses added in by Ushaara to replace the actual equation, and the second one might be something the professor actually used.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Yeah, just added to replace equations/summarize in both cases. Supervisor didn't use ellipses in either case.
  • I hate the damn waiting game when it comes to bad weather. Will it? Won't it? Stay home? Go find a basement? URGH.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Elayde said:
    I hate the damn waiting game when it comes to bad weather. Will it? Won't it? Stay home? Go find a basement? URGH.
    The answer is to find a basement and live in it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Zouviqil said:
    Elayde said:
    I hate the damn waiting game when it comes to bad weather. Will it? Won't it? Stay home? Go find a basement? URGH.
    What if the weather includes flooding?
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Xenthos said:
    Zouviqil said:
    Elayde said:
    What if the weather includes flooding?
    As I said in another thread, UNDERWATER LEVELS!
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2014
    Dear flatmates,

I don't care that it is pouring down with rain outside and that you 'don't want to stand outside getting wet while you're having a smoke'.  YOU DON'T COVER THE [CENSORED]ING SMOKE DETECTORS SO THAT YOU CAN SMOKE IN THE FLAT WITHOUT SETTING THE ALARMS OFF.

I have sent an email to the landlord with a photo of the roof smoke alarm having a sock still fitted over it that you idiots didn't even have the common sense to take it off again afterwards, because I don't feel like DYING if there happens to be a fire and the alarm doesn't go off because you twits covered the damn thing, I hope you get booted out sooner rather than later.

No love,

Me.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Curious, cause I'm not hip to 'flat mates' not roommates?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I live in a student accomodation complex, basically it is a communal flat, we have a shared kitchen and a couple of bathrooms, but each individual bedroom is fitted with an electronic lock, so when we first enter we have to swipe our card, it unlocks the front door and our own bedroom door, none of the other bedrooms.  Gives security and privacy.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • As somebody who finds the smell of cigarette smoke absolutely detestable.....I feel your pain bro.

Stangmar - Retired

• As someone who dislikes burning to death, so do I
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Take said sock.  Insert a nice, big orange.  Then pretend you're a main character from Ninjago.  And when they complain?  "Seriously, officer, you think I beat someone with an orange?  I mean, come on, that's just stupid."
  • Downside to living in the city....I now have to drive that much further to get outside of city limits to do some target shooting.

I'm pretty sure I'm good, but I do want to be 100% sure I don't look like a fool when I go to qualify for my Nevada concealed weapons permit.
    Stangmar - Retired

I just go to the range that's a five minute drive from my house :)
  • Tarkenton said:
    I just go to the range that's a five minute drive from my house :)
    Really?  Where is it at?  How much do they charge?

I've never gone to a shooting range before. I grew up in a small town...always just went outside city limits and shot against the hills.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I know it is an ugly thing to be jealous, and this post could be seen as fishing for attention, but damn I am so jealous of everyone and their Divine interactions lately. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Be like Dar and just roll your eyes at all the chumps swooning over their flavor-of-the-week gods.

But dang, why Jadice gotta be like the perfect Hallimonk god?

(:x)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Incredibly tired of being sick. Been since Friday. If it follows the trend set by my wife and mom in law, I will not feel better until Friday. So if I'm excessively short with you in game, it's not personal.
  • edited April 2014
    Daraius said:
    Be like Dar and just roll your eyes at all the chumps swooning over their flavor-of-the-week gods.

But dang, why Jadice gotta be like the perfect Hallimonk god?

(:x)

I will have you know that Jadice has been my flavor of the week for months!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • I guess I'm kinda in the middle of a mixed rave and rant, but after last night's tornado here that (rave:)barely missed my house by a little over three quarters of a mile and (rant:)instead went on to hit my son's elementary school and the area back there (oh, and my workplace too, so maybe I won't have to go into work tomorrow. [nobody was there, at least])...

It's coming again. Thanks. We're about to get this mess twice in two days. Do not want. I'm moving to outer space.
  • Elayde said:
    I guess I'm kinda in the middle of a mixed rave and rant, but after last night's tornado here that (rave:)barely missed my house by a little over three quarters of a mile and (rant:)instead went on to hit my son's elementary school and the area back there (oh, and my workplace too, so maybe I won't have to go into work tomorrow. [nobody was there, at least])...

It's coming again. Thanks. We're about to get this mess twice in two days. Do not want. I'm moving to outer space.
    So sorry to hear about your workplace. I'm glad you're safe though, and hope you stay safe for the rest of it. 

How's your kid taking the loss of his school?
    Stangmar - Retired