Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I woulda said Hallifax was california.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Rivius said:
    I woulda said Hallifax was california.
    California is west.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    West is really just far east. Ask Columbus.
  • Zouviqil said:
    Maellio said:
    Zouviqil said:
    So I and @Karlach decided that if the orgs in the game were to be different states/cities of the US...

• Glomdoring is Louisiana
    • Magnagora is Florida
    • Hallifax is NYC
    • Serenwilde is Detroit
    • Celest is Seattle
    • Gaudiguch is Nevada

Sounds about right, doesn't it. Though I'm not 100% sure on Serenwilde being Detroit...
    I'm sorry, but Hallifax is Chicago. Puns aside, you can't get more bureaucratically dense then my dear hometown.
    Bureaucratically dense? More than NYC?

The same people who closed the gates on the sewers during Hurricane Sandy and forgot to open them after due to the request being lost in paperwork land, so all the places hit hard by Sandy were hit hard again by the most recent storm, causing flooding in the streets, of basements, loss of water in homes, no heat in homes, and for many lost electricity?

Or how about how our former mayor voted himself and all the people in his office in for a third term by a loophole in the law and then changed the law so nobody could pull it off after him?

I mean, Chicago has its problems, but NYC should have this as an easy win.
    Ah, but Hallifax isn't nearly that incompetent. 

It's needlessly complicated, things never get done [wouldn't be the City that Works if things got completed], is awash with public works projects, and has had multiple experimental reactors within City limits in gross deference to logic [a building on my college campus had a blast door with the radiation symbol still attached, our robotics club met there].

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I don't get any of those references. All I know about Florida is from the movies - it's hot, and people retire there. I thought Hallifax was the basin retirement home, so I am highly confused.

• Zouviqil said:

Also, two people in Serenwilde are suggesting Serenwilde is actually Minnesota.
    Nope.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    For the record, we were trying to vaguely correspond it to the US map and still have ideologies / climates represented by the different cities/states. So Hallifax is Northeast-ish, so we went for the Northeast part. Magnagora is East/South-eastish, so we went there. Glomdoring is south, so we went south. Etc etc.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Yeah. I don't really see this except that geographically, they're the right place.

But reputation etc? Not really on most of these.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Buttifax, that is all

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• I dunno, I think Magnagora being Florida might well be entirely accurate... after all, it's where sanity goes to DIE.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Magnagora is clearly Australia, where everything is aggressive and wants to kill you.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    What. Glomdoring is Australia. Poison capital yo!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I kinda thought Serenwilde would be more like the backwoods of Kentucky.
  • Twelfth most venomous snake is from Asia... top 11 from Oz.
    Out of the top 25 most venomous, FIVE are NOT from Australia.

Is also the Shintar.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The only logic to Magnagora being Florida is seemingly neither these days can hold an election without some form of controversy.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Could have at least said something about killing somebody and not getting in trouble for it. But maybe too soon?

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Karlach said:
    The only logic to Magnagora being Florida is seemingly neither these days can hold an election without some form of controversy.
    Gaudi is worse, they are the only ones I ever heard of having an election having to be started over.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited May 2014
    Arimisia said:
    Karlach said:
    Gaudi is worse, they are the only ones I ever heard of having an election having to be started over.
    Didn't you guys have a CL election last year that ended in 3 shrubs and an immediate recall?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Which Gaudi election had to be started over?
  • Karlach said:
    Didn't you guys have a CL election last year that ended in 3 shrubs and an immediate recall?
    sounds about right, recall was by the city not the NPC voting officials though!

Chade said:
    Which Gaudi election had to be started over?
    its been a while, 2 years or so.  Cannot recall if it resulted in shrubs but I know a lot of people were asked to remove their alts from the city and the election was started over before it ever ended. Never seen anything like it. It should be in the new posts there somewhere with an NPC stating they lost the ballots or some such. I think it may be the election that ended up electing Briaria in but I could be mistaken.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• It was indeed the first Briaria election.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Person tells you, "//ARE YOU WHO I THINK YOU ARE?"

Damn it. :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Person tells you, "//ARE YOU WHO I THINK YOU ARE?" Damn it. :(
    You must question how many other novices they asked this to before they got it right, though!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Shaddus said:
    Person tells you, "//ARE YOU WHO I THINK YOU ARE?" Damn it. :(
    I think it's pretty great that I read this tell in the person's voice, because I'm sure it's exactly who I'm thinking of.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    WTB Carakhan help file
    and Drocilla too or whatever
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    When you are throwing out some BS to piss off someone intentionally so they'll contest a vacant/inactive leader, it's usually best to make sure they aren't actually pissed off. :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited May 2014
    Nyxx points southwards.

She did this under the effects of insanity, and afterwards we couldn't figure out how to reproduce it. How the hell dyou point in a direction?

EDIT: Never mind. Emotionlist ftw.
  • Really annoyed by arbitrary rules for designs right now. There is, so far as I am able to determine, no good reason why tattoos for different parts of the body can't have the same appearance. I want exactly the same tattoo on every part of my body, why is that so hard?
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I know there are designs that, for all purposes, are identical. There's a silver scrollwork design that has different wording for each part of the body ("wraps around the neck", "wraps around the arms"), but the intended picture is exactly the same.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
This discussion has been closed.