Artifact Ideas

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Siam said:

Portraits           Paint portraits of others with great expertise.
    • Expert 50%
    • Syntax: PAINT <target>
              PAINT FROM SKETCH <sketch>
      Paint life-like portraits of others. You'll need a blank canvas and a full palette of paints. You can also create a painting from two sketches of your subject.

Can we use one sketch instead if it has a sketch seal on it, please? It is pretty redundant to perma two similar sketches...
    You only need one sealed sketch for painting and statues (which take 6 normally). The help file is for unsealed sketches.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Thanks, @Lavinya!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Magical Swatter: Allows you to SWAT <mob>. If the mob is below your level/10 (or level/5) or below a certain health (whichever is easier to code), it kills them instantly. No corpse is left, no essence/XP is given, etc. No balance/EQ loss. The mob just ceases to be. Useful for aggro low-level things that are an annoyance but no threat.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Is...is this for the mosquitoes in Tolborolla

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Or highway zombies / hordespawns.
  • Maligorn said:
    Is...is this for the mosquitoes in Tolborolla
    Maaaaybe... Also spiders in Glom, I guess.

And no, it wouldn't be much use against the zombies (and probably not hordespawns) due to the level restrictions.
  • 85% sure mob levels work on a completely different scale from player levels.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Not so sure myself. Achaea has levels 1-100 among mobs (last I checked anyway), so it's not exactly unthinkable Lusternia does as well.
  • An artifacts to:

reduce power of using the Flashpoint skill (aethercraft) to 0.   - Probably should be cheaper than the dingbat items that teleport you to the bubbles?

to increase the number (adds 3 more?) of flashpoints a ship can have.
  • Vivet said:
    Turnus said:
    Censers as regular arties.
    And for auctions instead:

Censer of Shifting Terrains.

Touch the censer to attune it to the terrain type of your current org at any time, at which point it displays as "an Aquatic/Windswept/Forestal/Wyrden/Tainted/Burning Censer of Shifting Terrains" as is appropriate.

I thought of something a bit like this. My idea was that you had to travel to a plane and set the item and then for that month it would work as a censor of that type.
  • A glamours artifact, granting the Conceal skill.
  • An artifact much like the powerplex jewel, but for aetherships. Expands the max reseves it can hold and recharges it every month.

Or, alternatively, allow powerplex jewels to be attached (and detached) to a chair.
  • Suggested by my protege: An artifact that lets you look into denizen inventories.
  • Bump! Feel free to consolidate your favorite ideas!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Estarra said:

Bump! Feel free to consolidate your favorite ideas!

An artifact with the same concept as a teardrop sigil, but when you make/construct/amalgamate/cook/tattoo someone, it takes the comms from your rift instead of needing them in your hands.

An artifact that notifies you when another mortal checks your honours. (Dingbat item?)

Snowclasp gloves: clap to form a pile of snowballs in the room. If this is added, please remove the declare requirement to throw snowballs.

A keyring-style item for powerstones. POWERPLEX FUSE POWERSTONE/# to add it, which destroys the powerstone but adds that amount of power to the item. Possibly an upgrade to the normal powerplex gem?

A Tosha Mirror: manse room upgrade to the tattoo bench, allows any tattooist in the room to tattoo themselves.

headband of Ka: reduces momentum lost by switching targets by 1. Only works in hunting, not pvp.

Statuette of Tzariziko: allows owner to changeself as per the illusion.

Gnomish Handsiphon; allows -only the owner- access to their org's node-siphoning skill (in other words, cantors/paladins/Aquas/tahtetso can starlink, EG/BT/Nekotai/Harb can shadowdance cone), but at a slower rate perhaps 50-75% speed.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited May 2014
    Chaos Hamster Plushie - re-release this please!

Rod of Displacement - Works like the Loralaria skill Convergence. Displaces a person to a different room in the local area. Costs 10p and works on allies only, does not require bardic skills and respects summoning resists.

Aquagoria Bubblix

Flashpoint Recall Module - Name needs some work :p Allows you to store more than 3 flashpoints on a ship.
  • A rune like the teardrop rune to be affixed on pipes. Whenever you smoke the last of said pipe, it automatically fills it again from the rift (assuming you have said herb in there).
  • Wouldn't it be better to have the pipe Great Rune act like the Glasswork rune and adjust the price of a single rune accordingly?
    Ssaliss said:
    A rune like the teardrop rune to be affixed on pipes. Whenever you smoke the last of said pipe, it automatically fills it again from the rift (assuming you have said herb in there).
    I don't have a major issue with this, but it would totally destroy hemilock.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Khydan said:
    Wouldn't it be better to have the pipe Great Rune act like the Glasswork rune and adjust the price of a single rune accordingly?
    Better? Perhaps. It would, however, mean they wouldn't sell nearly as many new runes since most people who would be interested in the rune would already have it. The only people who would buy it would be newbies (and alts).
  • Do people usually have more than three artifact pipes, then?
  • I'm afraid you lost me... By changing the effect of the pipe rune to allow for more than one smokable (and, presumably, auto-fill it as well), then you'd only need one. Since most people who would buy them currently run around with three of them, how would that entice them to buy more?
  • Shaddus said:
    Ssaliss said:
    A rune like the teardrop rune to be affixed on pipes. Whenever you smoke the last of said pipe, it automatically fills it again from the rift (assuming you have said herb in there).
    I don't have a major issue with this, but it would totally destroy hemilock.
    I have no problems with totally destroying hemilock.

Kiakodan Thimble:

Prevents the wearer from harvesting herbs below 10. This is like a moving nature guard yo.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Siam said:
    Kiakodan Thimble:

Prevents the wearer from harvesting herbs below 10. This is like a moving nature guard yo.
    No...what? Nature guard stops OTHERS, this stops YOU...people aren't gonna care enough to pay credits to be hampered...
    Munsia said:
    Siam said:
    Kiakodan Thimble:

No...what? Nature guard stops OTHERS, this stops YOU...people aren't gonna care enough to pay credits to be hampered...
    But I'm lazy to code stuff....Maybe the thimble will prevent EVERYONE in the room from harvesting below 10 of each herb.

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:

Munsia said:

Siam said:

Kiakodan Thimble:

But I'm lazy to code stuff....Maybe the thimble will prevent EVERYONE in the room from harvesting below 10 of each herb.
    You're going to follow around all the herbalists?

How about... Activate for ten power: prevents all herbs in area from being harvested under ten for one Lusternian month.

• I still want my Stake of Guarding: Implant it, and the room is under permanent guard (until removed by the user).
  • edited May 2014
    So how about that honey / honeycomb aethergem?? ;)

(It'll also be able to make wax)

or! Or not an AETHERGEM. But a honey pot!!!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2014
    Dingbat item: Neverending hunny pot.

Edit: I actually didnt read the post above. That is kinda scary.