Character Secrets

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    And of course @Astraea hides it behind her smile.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Elayde secretly envies (oh no, low emotion!) those of the Southern alliance (Mag, Gaudi, Glom) who seem so strong and seem to win so easily. In fact, she has contemplated, a time or two, leaving Hallifax to join them, but she has built her life around the Collective and won't do it just to be 'bigger and badder'.
  • Xeria hates combat with a passion usually reserved for your soul mate. However, she also equally dislikes being not able to defend herself or the forest. She fervently believes that she needs to lead by example and so she's reluctantly making herself learn combat.

She really much rather eat cakes with wyrdfolk and taint-things and other abominations, drink tea and discuss their differences. 

Since re-sharding into a loboshigaru, biology has pushed her towards losing her temper more frequently so she can be found smacking people on the upside of their head in reflex if she deems them acting like an untrained youngling. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    No seriously, though...here's a secret.

I use to actually be a happy individual IG. 
  • Alary is terrified of leading combat, and worries she's letting down the people she is leading in some way. 
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Kay isn't actually as opposed to Glomdoring as she should be as a Wilder. She thinks the southern forest is a twisted version of what nature should be, but at it's heart it's still nature. And she finds that far preferable to cities. 
  • Kay said:
    Kay isn't actually as opposed to Glomdoring as she should be as a Wilder. She thinks the southern forest is a twisted version of what nature should be, but at it's heart it's still nature. And she finds that far preferable to cities. 
    I feel like voicing that opinion would likely get me burned at... well, I kinda provide my own stake but w/e. Point is, having read the mythos I'm very tempted to take Belibi in such a direction. If certain individuals stopped existing, perhaps
  • Belibi said:
    Kay said:
    Kay isn't actually as opposed to Glomdoring as she should be as a Wilder. She thinks the southern forest is a twisted version of what nature should be, but at it's heart it's still nature. And she finds that far preferable to cities. 
    I feel like voicing that opinion would likely get me burned at... well, I kinda provide my own stake but w/e. Point is, having read the mythos I'm very tempted to take Belibi in such a direction. If certain individuals stopped existing, perhaps
    Not that unusual a view, really. You could get away with it if that's what you wanted to do.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • While not exactly a secret, Marcella likes Serenwilde more than Glomdoring because Glomdoring is fighting for stupid beliefs twisted into all kinds of lies and left the path they should have taken a long time ago.

Serenwilde's still kinda dumb but at least they have a valid reason to be fighting, even if it's a wrong one, and because they havn't had the opportunity to be tainted there's all the time in the world to lead them down the correct path.

Glomdoring's too far gone.
  • Secrets... so, about a year ago, game-wise, Kethaera was thinking of leaving Glomdoring(I was considering doing so myself, for a couple reasons), asking to step down as Ambassador and hinting in that direction to a couple people. But after a friendly chat with @Zouviqil, she decided that Glomdoring was the best place ever, and that she really hated Serenwilde. 

Seems legit.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    @Enya's secret is that she's always looking for cool people to come2Seren and stage a takeovermakeover. Wait, that's not a secret!
  • Well, Idrazil maybe charged with hypocrisy but...

1. He likes Serenwilde very much, the notion of a spiritually oriented hardcore winter forest. He even seriously considered leaving Glomdoring for Serenwilde at a time when the Northern forest was weaker and less populated. He seriously doubts this would ever be possible now, given his bad reputation in the North.
    2. Idrazil secretly feels really uneasy when he kills most of the Serenwilde people and holds back sometimes when he has the opportunity to ambush enemies. That said, he is easy to infuriate because of constant enemy raids and the bloodthirsty Caerlyr bringing her madness to ethereal Glomdoring.
    3. Idrazil believes Glomdoring must be more active in striking back at the enemies raiding ethereal Glomdoring and once even publicly insulted a guild elder for what he considered a meek and irrelevant position. He was very close to leaving for Magnagora at the time, even if he loves nature so much, because he admires the strength and willingness of the tainted to get things done, be it raid or astral hunt. 
    4. He thinks his reputation is only partially deserved as he had good reasons for most of his kills and considers himself nothing that different from Caerlyr who kept chasing and killing him on prime many times as a youngster.
    5. While the life in the realms is a constant interaction of identities, Order and family are very important for Idrazil. He is honored of his membership of the Shikari Order, his loyal worg and the stole he is wearing, hoping the Lord will return one day. Idrazil is very proud of his son and hopes to establish Ga'ruul as a Lesser House one day with a reputation in Glomdoring and beyond.
  • edited May 2014
    Haezon wishes @Viravain could be his wife. He's -completely- devoted and in love with her, but also tortured inside because he knows it's impossible for them to be like that, and he'd never be worthy of such a thing, nor admit to it, or act on it. He might not even be consciously aware of it, but yeah.

Haezon also seriously dislikes Serenwilde because he can't see any significanct difference between them and Celest, which he dislikes too because of their whole righteous attitude. Magnagora... he likes, because they do what it takes to survive and dominate. Hallifax is just a non-entity, although he likes visiting sometimes, and Gaudiguch appeals to his artistic side so he loves them.
    Retired.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Haezon said:
    Gaudiguch appeals to his artistic side so he loves them.
    Are we talking about the same Gaudiguch?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Haezon said:
     Hallifax is just a non-entity, although he likes visiting sometimes, and Gaudiguch appeals to his artistic side so he loves them.
    Hallifax has the artistic side!! Master artists and all...
  • edited May 2014
    Pectus loves talking to the Viscanti guard in the tea house when no one else is around. He normally keeps her company while she designs, even though she has yet to know his name and has just dubbed him Augustine. He has yet to answer her :(

• Ilthilior feels, and always has felt, like he was a failure to Gaudiguch. Even though he despises the place, sort of.
  • Erythrykos doesn't really like Drocilla, although he'll never admit as much out loud because his mother and his best friend are both in Her order. He's secretly jealous of all the attention and praise She receives from half the city when his own Lord won't even speak to him. He feels that since Her coming some people have forgotten the other Patrons, and worse, he fears that They may have forgotten Magnagora.
    The drone, the whistle, the thundrous sound;
    It seared their eyes, it shook the ground.
    One hundred thousand voices lift,
    While ashes like dirty snowfall drift.

The clouds of purple glowing gas,
    The tiny sun is rising fast.
    Your star...
    Is on the rise.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Erythrykos doesn't really like Drocilla, although he'll never admit as much out loud because his mother and his best friend are both in Her order. He's secretly jealous of all the attention and praise She receives from half the city when his own Lord won't even speak to him. He feels that since Her coming some people have forgotten the other Patrons, and worse, he fears that They may have forgotten Magnagora.

This.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited May 2014
    Aaahhh... a secret for Gabriella.  Well, here are a few, though some aren't exactly secrets.  Hope you enjoy, and I apologise for the length, as I have a bad tendency to do that...

1.  Gabriella has a weakness for all things grab-bag.  She has an addiction to spinning the Wheel, not for the prizes, but just to find out what they are.  Sure, she's not dumb and kept a bunch of the useful ones, but the rest she traded in just so she could keep spinning the Wheel, because spinning the Wheel was the fun part.  (I also have this addiction in real life.  If there is a "grab bag" for sale, I will buy it.  I will also buy those little toki-doki toys just to see what I will get, and I can't be allowed around vending machines that spit out toys/stickers/fake rings, etc you see in grocery stores.)

2.  Gabriella was kidnapped around age nine by Magnagoran slavers and lived/worked there until she was 16 and escaped to the Portal of Fate.  She has scars on her back, i.e. whip wheals, that you will never see, unless she is completely nude.  She, with the help of @Enyalida (who may not remember this) way back in her youth, made them into a butterfly tattoo, (BEFORE TATTOOS WERE A THING!) with the whip marks being veins in wings and... you get the idea.  Despite this, she has no fear of Magnagora, just a deep discomfort when around the area.  She has only discussed this history with... maybe four or five people.

3.  Gabriella has a mommy complex like you would not believe.  She has a deep... dislike, for her biological mother Sarrasri, because she was never around and never acted motherly to Gabriella.  Whatever the rp reasons for this, Sarrasri disappeared for AGES and Gabriella doesn't even refer to her as Mother unless Sarrasri pops up once in a very blue moon.  She then frostily addresses her as such out of respect for her father (who is now divorced from her.)  She finally told Sarrasri this some in game years back.  Gabriella considers @Maylea to be her mother, as well as @Aramel, for they helped raise her from a female point of view.  She has a close relationship with @Aubrey as well.  She has an insane love for her Da @Lehki and his massive stag, Uabhar.

4.  Gabriella has always wanted children desperately because she had a huge family growing up but NO ONE was around (one of her fears).  Which is why it hits her particularly hard that @Zouviqil left and does not speak to her at all, as she never wanted to be the type of mother that Sarrasri was, and constantly wonders how she could ever fix such a thing/let it get to such a point.

5.  Gabriella fears being alone, both because her own thoughts can be dark at times, and because she just plain doesn't like it since she feels like most of the people in her life are always leaving.  You'd think this would give her a trust complex, but aayyyyy.... no, it doesn't.  She's a bit dumb like that I guess.

6.  Gabriella has a secret lust for all things historical, to the point where it can be hazardous to her health.  Exhibit A: Her obsession with Grutina Oakvine when she was thirty-something just coming out of the portal, which led to her wandering the Glomdoring Forest in dreamform to find the spirit, pop in, paint a picture of her, and then flee.  (Other dark secrets ensue with her curiousity, but that's a secret secret for now).

7.  A secret that's a Gabby secret, but is my secret, which is no secret - out of all my characters I've ever played, Gabriella is the most like me, and I put much of myself into her, consciously and unconsciously.  We share many traits, flaws, strengths and fears, and so sometimes it might hurt more than it should when certain things happen in game.  I've managed to pry myself away from her more emotionally over the years though, so heeeyy! :D

8.  I had one more secret to type here and I cannot for the life of me remember it.  If I do, I'll edit and stuff it back in.

9.  Gabriella loves the turtle curio, a fact that @Raeri shamelessly caters to when he is around, and she loves him for it.  She loves him and @Scax and misses them something terrible.  She also has a lot of strange friends spread out in almost everyone commune/city.

10.  I just remembered what the other secret was, but I wanted to have ten so I decided to just write it here.  Gabriella talks to herself.  A LOT.  Mainly because that's me controlling her.  She'll emote in a room by herself.  I'm just so entrenched in the game that sometimes I'll mutter to myself (Via Gabby) about shofa or something, and then scratch my head, burp, whatever it is I do, and go on my merry way.  Yes, I know this is probably strange, because no one else will ever see her do it except me and whatever creepers might be watching in the secret hidey places they stand in.

--------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited May 2014
    Two truths and a lie.

Dar is really fond of the sheep on the Shevat estate and urges everyone to resist the temptation to eat them. 

He avoids the Waste Storage Facility because of an inexplicable urge to roll in garbage.

He carefully avoids most familial terms because he still doesn't know what Nihmriel, Arel, and Ileein consider him, and he's always been a little sad that he was always 'Cousin' to Khydan instead of 'Uncle.'

I should invent more secrets, but it's hard with sincerity as a core character value. Or maybe the secret is everything's been a lie the whole time. Everything.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited May 2014
    Daraius said:
    He carefully avoids most familial terms because he still doesn't know what Nihmriel, Arel, and Ileein consider him, and he's always been a little sad that he was always 'Cousin' to Khydan instead of 'Uncle.'

It's a little funny-- Arel is "Father" or "Arel," and Nihmriel is always Mother to her face and Lady Shevat when speaking in the third person. All other members of the Shevat family are just neatly categorized under "family," or possibly "new family" in the case of people who haven't entirely settled in just yet.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Neos said:
    Neos can't swim.
    Please remind me to bring lots of buckets next time.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback