Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited June 2014
    On the topic of not being able to afford a system, just want to say (not only directed at you Parua but anybody in Serenwilde afraid to dip a toe into combat) that Serenwilde does have a program to help with buying M&M. The help on that part is there, though as far as I'm aware only a few people have actually taken advantage of it so far.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Turnus said:
    On the topic of not being able to afford a system, just want to say (not only directed at you Parua but anybody in Serenwilde afraid to dip a toe into combat) that Serenwilde does have a program to help with buying M&M. The help on that part is there, though as far as I'm aware only a few people have actually taken advantage of it so far.

This is another thing that also annoys me. I think Celest ran it at one point in time. Not that I'm against people obtaining systems, but this has to be one of the most ooc things any city can offer. The fact that it's so blatant is ridiculous. I know in the past Celest straight up gave credits to I think Ethelon from the city reserves. Not even discreet at all....
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If your reason for not defending is, "I'm afraid I'll lose/lose something", then gtfo.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • My system is free. Anyone who wanted it could download it. I'm just not going to do much for you as far as support.

@Rivius has a pretty good one, too, in fact.

Synkarin said:
    I think it's great, I don't even care if it's OOC

If someone really wants to get involved, why not encourage the general populace some incentive. Gaudi does it as well, and it's a great idea.
    Because there's a better way to go about this. Every city has a combat clan. You can have credits donated to that clan for this very purpose, then spend from there. I swear to god if your logs are saying 'For such and such system'....cause Celest had that in the past. 
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Yeah, I wasn't sure how open Rivius or you were about sharing your systems these days, so only mentioned the one I knew was an option. Point was just there are options to help folks get systems if they want to get involved.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • edited June 2014
    Munsia said:
    'Have fun' from what you're saying equates to being handed everything. Once again this leads to the problem with people in the gaming industry who just want their hand held through everything. You want no challenge in the games, you just want the system to pander to you. I truly hate gamers like that. 

If you don't want to lose xp, then don't fight. It's as easy as that. However removing xp loss is asinine. Same problem with much of the streamlining that's been happening, the newer generation demands the dumbest things. Please, just go play farmville.

You can disagree with me all you want on this subject, but the point that is 100% Fact is that you don't wanna work for anything in this game.
    Except I'm not asking for anything like that. Everybody kept saying that "nothing would change if we removed xp loss for dying while defending" and I just chimed in to say that, yes, some things would change. And then I got told I'm a bad person for not wanting to die a whole lot, that I was playing wrong, etc.

I don't want things handed to me, I just don't want to feel punished for doing something that I should -want- to do, but don't wan't to do. I'm actually fine leaving things the way they are, if that's what is deemed best for the game. I'll just continue not defending, the way I have been, and that's fine.

Also, I like that you know for 100% fact what I do and do not want in this game, when the interactions we've had in game can be counted on one hand, and you are judging me from a couple of forum posts about xp loss from defending.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    edited June 2014
    I'm judging you based on your own words. How you would defend more if you didn't get xp loss. You want no risk and all reward. That is you, not wanting to work

If you are too lazy to bash/influence after you are done dying/defending then that is your problem, and a problem you need to work on. The xp lost from dying in defense is 50k I believe. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) maybe a little more for phoenix...anyway. The point is that it takes maybe an hour of bashing solo to get 1m essence back. Oh gods, there's a whole hour of your day. Who cares if you lose essence? What the heck are you going to do with it? There's a reason I'm still far above anyone in essence. There's nothing to do with it, why is it a big problem for you? You aren't going to just suddenly lose 20 million essence in thin air and suddenly descend from demi status. 

Before you think I'm singling you out. I believe this is true for anyone harping about xp loss. 
  • edited June 2014
    So now I'm lazy because I'd rather spend that hour of my time doing something other than something I don't like? Gotcha.

Edit: I don't speak for anybody else, but I know that my time is limited, and if given a choice between spending an hour grinding out something I don't like to do, and doing something fun for an hour, I'm going to pick the fun thing.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    If you don't have an hour to bash, then no. I don't believe you need to defend. If all you want to do is RP, then rp. However I don't believe this is the admin's problem if you cannot go bash, which was put into the game to balance this all out. As I said there is risk and reward. If you have better things to do, then go do them, but you aren't entitled to harp if you refuse to do the things set before you because 'You don't like to do it'. 
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I don't think it's bad for defenders to lose no xp. Tbh when I raid, I do it to win and accomplish a goal. That's enough for me. Making people lose xp is pretty unnecessary in that regard.

It's not exactly all gain for no loss if I still accomplish my goal and lengthen my peen anyway.
    I'm just tired of pandering to the newer generation all because of one pure simple fact. Laziness
  • How many hundreds of hours did you spend AFK influencing or even bashing entire areas?

edited June 2014
    Iasmos said:
    How many hundreds of hours did you spend AFK influencing or even bashing entire areas?

Not as many as you may think. We're not allowed to discuss half of what happened on the forums, but do know that the last time I was caught supposedly 'afk' I was actually holding a conversation with someone who actually can vouch for that. I also responded to the admin in UNDER 1 second when they nabbed me. There's a difference between afk checking in HUGE spam with non colored lines, and actually being afk. Thanks for trying though. 

Just like that Great Hunt that I won here and in Aetolia because people claimed I was 'afk' even though it's 100% possible to use dual screens and 100% pay attention to Lusternia due to the fact that Aetolia has this little helpfile  
    "15.9 TRIGGERS AND AUTOMATION
    Triggers and automation are allowed in Aetolia provided that you are present at your computer terminal at all times. FULLY automating quests and hunting - with movement and all actions included in the triggers - are allowed so long as one is present at the computer, as well as gambling automation.
    Should you be contacted by an administrator if it is suspected that you are automating activities whilst AFK, you will have approximately thirty seconds to respond directly to that administrator before you will be considered to have been in violation of this regulation. If you are concerned that your triggers may be in violation of this policy, remember that the general expectation is that your character's actions are driven by the input of you, the player."

It's okay though, your jealousy is real.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I don't blame laziness, I blame aetherbashing, easy hp blessings and ridiculous influence xp boosts.
  • edited June 2014
    Never mind
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Does it count if that was during the days of old Astral though?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Karlach said:
    Does it count if that was during the days of old Astral though?
    Which one? To be fair Astral was the only way to Demi pre aetherbashing if you bashed and didn't influence. Astral today is far more xp than back then. 

The first demi's in the game were gained off the original Astral, however. 
    All I'm saying is, if you can't seriously say, "my home is worth defending no matter what it costs me", maybe you need to examine your priorities. I'm not saying you need to rush to combat, but saying "it's not worth defending my home if it would harm me to do so" gives me a serious lack of belief in your loyalty ingame, and kind of the same out of game. Not "I'm horrible at defending" or even "I don't know how to defend", but the idea of "it's not worth my time if it'll cost me anything."
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Those zero interaction ganks though (that somehow fail on an undeffed, unprepared person, after they let you attack them for a good minute or so. Lol.)

@Neos @Elanorwen

Better luck next time, I guess?
  • Just like it's possible to play a complete douchebag while not being a terrible person IRL, it's also possible to play a super-patriot while not being willing to do literally anything for your org IRL. (I'd like to think that quite a lot of people occupy that role, actually.) Since this is the case, I'd say it's hardly hypocritical to wish/ask for things that make it easier to play your super-patriotic role while decreasing the amount of stuff you have to do that you find less than fun, personally. Games have to appeal to a fairly broad spectrum of people, after all, and I don't think it's fair to Parua to say that she's somehow lazy for supporting a change that decreases the amount of unpleasant stuff she has to do in order to defend. Seriously, argue against the idea, don't just call its proponents lazy.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited June 2014
    Another notch on the belt. Go me. Wonder what number 4 will be about. I'm hoping it's from @Ixion.

Let me lists what was keeping you in the room with me:
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Syrennia said:
    Those zero interaction ganks though (that somehow fail on an undeffed, unprepared person, after they let you attack them for a good minute or so. Lol.)

@Neos @Elanorwen

Better luck next time, I guess?
    Considering I never even declared and was just standing there, raising my bard song? Yeah, sure, mention me in your posts. In fact, the only reason I went there was because of this amusing message that people seem so enamored with sending... that almost makes it sound that they were jumped. Otherwise, I have no interest in even trying to kill you.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I'd sure be disheartened by all this if I was @Estarra‌ or even the @Oneiroi‌. "Oh, but we only say these things because we care!"

Ileein said:
    Just like it's possible to play a complete douchebag while not being a terrible person IRL, it's also possible to play a super-patriot while not being willing to do literally anything for your org IRL. (I'd like to think that quite a lot of people occupy that role, actually.) Since this is the case, I'd say it's hardly hypocritical to wish/ask for things that make it easier to play your super-patriotic role while decreasing the amount of stuff you have to do that you find less than fun, personally. Games have to appeal to a fairly broad spectrum of people, after all, and I don't think it's fair to Parua to say that she's somehow lazy for supporting a change that decreases the amount of unpleasant stuff she has to do in order to defend. Seriously, argue against the idea, don't just call its proponents lazy.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you here. I'm not saying Parua has to be a combatant; there's a lot more things she could be doing to help her commune during a raid (see: Daraius, who isn't a combatant but works his rump off otherwise). It's the attitude of "my home isn't worth working for if it'll cost me anything".
  • See, again though, you're conflating IC and OOC attitudes.  You can adopt a "I will do anything for my org" attitude for your character, but find bashing a serious drag as a player, and that's not a hypocritical attitude. Maybe you oppose the change it's arguing for, but it's not in and of itself a hypocritical stance.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    edited June 2014
    Ileein said:
    Just like it's possible to play a complete douchebag while not being a terrible person IRL, it's also possible to play a super-patriot while not being willing to do literally anything for your org IRL. (I'd like to think that quite a lot of people occupy that role, actually.) Since this is the case, I'd say it's hardly hypocritical to wish/ask for things that make it easier to play your super-patriotic role while decreasing the amount of stuff you have to do that you find less than fun, personally. Games have to appeal to a fairly broad spectrum of people, after all, and I don't think it's fair to Parua to say that she's somehow lazy for supporting a change that decreases the amount of unpleasant stuff she has to do in order to defend. Seriously, argue against the idea, don't just call its proponents lazy.

It's a lazy idea....like, how can you seriously justify 'MAKE THIS GAME EASIER FOR ME PLEASE BECAUSE I DON'T WANNA DO HARD STUFF' 

That's all I'm getting out of this. You guys are repeatedly saying 'I'm not lazy, I just don't wanna do that' 

Definition of lazy 'unwilling to work or use energy.'  (Can't argue this one, that's a real definition yo)

You want the admin to give you stuff because YOU don't wanna go out and do something because a game mechanic isn't appealing. Well screw it, let's get rid of having to defend then for you while we're at it? Remove everyone's ability to attack you so you don't die. There we go. Great idea.

Yo, screw this forum's font issues. 

It's funny cause I had this mentality used on me by @Xenthos in the past. There was some bug with some warrior crap and it ended up being 'Don't raid us cause I'm bugged and I have to attack you since you're raiding' 
This discussion has been closed.