Real World Raves

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2014
    Going to see HTTYD2 right now. Will update this post with heart smileys to indicate my level of enjoyment.

UPDATE: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Aeral said:
    Here's a couple of pics of the adorable little thing:

Ooooo, neat!
  • Acrune said:
    Aeral said:
    Here's a couple of pics of the adorable little thing:

Ooooo, neat!
    Thanks. :) She's quite cool.

Also I totally just realized I sounded like one of those crazy old ladies with 10,000 cats, the way I was talking about my gecko.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ever since finally getting a job after too long without, things continue to improve in my life. While it's not all sunshine, there is enough good things that I can continue to look forward to those things, while not letting the bad weigh me down.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited June 2014
    Aeral said:
    <snip>
    Thanks. :) She's quite cool.

Also I totally just realized I sounded like one of those crazy old ladies with 10,000 cats, the way I was talking about my gecko.

Nah, just a crazy cat lady with 1 cat thinking about getting another. 

Also, at least geckos can't pee on your stuff out of spite while in their enclosure. Cats seem to find a way to show off their retromingent capabilities at every opportunity.
  • Not while in their enclosure but my shirt pockets have certainly gotten it. 
  • Yeah, the difference to me being that the cat's seem mean about it... the gecko is just doing her thing. At least, my gecko seems to be. I've met a few right mean ones.
  • Yeah I wasn't upset at all about it, just a little surprised, haha. She's housed on reptile carpet so I suspect that it and my tshirt feels very similar to her.

Unfortunately she's going to the vet tomorrow. I've been debating for 3 days but I don't think she's going to get better on her own.

• From my professor:

Kyle, your DB comments analyze advantages and limitations in classroom writing assessment. Glad you remembered! Your KELPA report is thorough and answers who, what, where, when, why, and how. Your reflection assignment discusses different ideas corresponding to a student’s level. Very good. As you mention, demonstrations are wonderful for students with limited vocabulary.  Excellent work, Kyle.

This is for a graduate-level course that I have no background in (having just changed to this major for the summer term). 
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Shikari said:
    Steam sales.
    My heart is raving.

My wallet is attempting to grow opposable thumbs to type this in GD.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• My wallet was last seen cowering in the corner, shaking uncontrollably
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I already own the original port of FF8, back when PC games came in cardboard boxes, as well as the original version of Baldur's Gate II.

Still buying the steam versions because of the inevitable day when PC's no longer come with CD drives.

I love and hate Valve.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited June 2014
    Karlach said:
    I already own the original port of FF8, back when PC games came in cardboard boxes, as well as the original version of Baldur's Gate II.

Still buying the steam versions because of the inevitable day when PC's no longer come with CD drives.

I love and hate Valve.
    I still have the original (NON-platinum) Playstation discs for Final Fantasy 7 and 8.  Keeping them for bragging rights at the moment, but will likely sell them eventually for the right price (they are already worth quite a hefty chunk of change)
    still ended up purchasing both though so I can play them on the go... >_>
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    I still have the original (NON-platinum) Playstation discs for Final Fantasy 7 and 8.  Keeping them for bragging rights at the moment, but will likely sell them eventually for the right price (they are already worth quite a hefty chunk of change)
    still ended up purchasing both though so I can play them on the go... >_>
    I had to import FFVIII from the US (so I could play it on release day), still got the discs -and- the chipped PSX to play it on. I also have the incredibly fantastic Final Fantasy Tactics, too.

I use ePSX to play them on my PC now, because why not?

I, too, have them on Steam ><
  • I'm not logging into Steam.

Crap.
  • Never been to steam before.  Saw this. Went.  Purchased Democracy 3.

Damn you all.
    Stangmar - Retired

• My rave is that so far there has not been anything on the Steam sale that I want. Considering I still have games from last summer sale that have gone unplayed, this is good. Set myself the rule of only doing 75% off or lower sales on wishlisted games, and a total budget of 100 euros. Would be nice if I could stick with that. Went over it last year with some impulse buys.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    So far for the sale it's been either got it a few sales ago or nope not interested.  So...lucky me I guess.  Would be nice if nothing goes on sale that I'm interested in :D
  • Stangmar said:
    Never been to steam before.  Saw this. Went.  Purchased Democracy 3.

Damn you all.
    And this is only the first day. There is still ten more days of awesome low prices for games to get that you will never play.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    My wallet remains safe.  Unimpressed with the titles on offer so far.
  • Officially enrolled in the local 72 Pipefitter's Apprenticeship program with a letter of credit and direct entry, so I start as a second year apprentice.

Next week, I'll be getting back in touch with my area's union rep and getting set up in the union itself, after which I'll be able to take work if any is available. :D
  • Cern said:
    My wife noticed when the fireflies were at their prettiest last night and set an alarm so she could come get me and we could kiss in our field amongst the rising fireflies tonight.

I'm the luckiest man alive 
    :D
    OMG. ;-;
  • Just spent several hours playing Democracy 3.

I became the beloved leader of America, serving almost 10 5 year terms with a growing GDP and a huge surplus every year.  Averaged 80-90% in each election.

Guess I should probably take it off easy, lol.
    Stangmar - Retired