Real World Raves

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Music is about to become a beautiful new world to you. Enjoy.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Found out that I meet all the specific education requirements for the CPA, and I don't need a Masters degree in Nevada.  So it looks like I can save money and effort and take a bunch of easy classes at a community college.

Never thought I'd enroll in community college after getting my Bachelor's degree, lol.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Shooter has been apprehended without further bloodshed. My little province can sleep well now. 
  • Speaking to a career coach next week. And a three day weekend after I survive today. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited June 2014
    wrong thread.
  • Watching Valkyrie for the first time and laughing my arse off because Tom Cruise doesn't even bother using a German accent.  I guess it might have been distracting.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Thank heavens for having a swimming pool. My room is so hot even in the middle of the night that I went out and took a 1 am swim to cool off.
    Stangmar - Retired

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited June 2014
    Before you collapse, on a scale of 1-10 where 1 is vomit inducing sycophantry and 10 is where you now will forever sleep with one eye open.

How much of a glorious bastard were you in your best man speech? 

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Tacita said:
    I went to the hospital today and they are referring me to the department that can give me the treatment I need, plus giving me really good support in the time between now and the referral coming through :) I am so, so very relieved.

(I also get to go and have blood tests! Which I find really exciting. Yes I'm odd.)
    I hate blood tests with a passion.  When I was seeing the doctor over an ulcer, I had to have my blood drawn twice.  The first time I didn't realize that you are supposed to eat beforehand.  I had skipped breakfast.  I spent 30 minutes passed out on a couch.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• Scout camp with anniversary turned out to be a success. The kids liked it and we got everybody home without any major injuries (well, we only had about 30 kids this time since most were on holidays with their parents).

I am totally beat though. Slept about 3 hours per night because we had to keep a night watch and when we finally managed to fall asleep, some of the local youths pulled our tent pegs at 5am (at this point, we thought it unlikely that somebody would show up...). And I didn't heed my own words...spent three days running around yelling at cub scouts to put on sunscreen and wear their hats (we had 104 °F all the time)...and forgot to do that myself. Now, I look like a lobster and have a headache <.<

But in the end, it was still much fun and consoled me for the fact that I was too slow to get tickets for this year's 'Rock im Park' festival, which would have been on the same weekend.
  • Tacita said:
    I went to the hospital today and they are referring me to the department that can give me the treatment I need, plus giving me really good support in the time between now and the referral coming through :) I am so, so very relieved.

(I also get to go and have blood tests! Which I find really exciting. Yes I'm odd.)
    Good luck. I hope everything works out the best for you.
  • Roommates' friend is supposed to come fix our A/C today.  Let's hope it happens.

I was definitely the happiest person to be in the office at 8 am on a Monday today, lol.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• The ingrown that I've had for nearly ten years, having been surgically removed once, is finally gone. I can walk without looking like a total klutz again!
  • Well, turns out the A/C unit is shot.  They'll be replacing it tomorrow.  One more night in hell, lol.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• After seeing @Ixion's image, I FINALLY tracked down my old forum image. 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I was on the verge of doing something crazy with Siam last night. Thankfully, @Svorai talked to me.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• We got in so much fresh basil at work that we're practically giving it away (stupid low prices.)

Mmmm, fresh pesto tonight. <3
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2014
    My first concert experience was pretty great, despite it taking twice as long to reach the venue as it should have. In the end, I probably would prefer just to listen to recordings in comfort, but it was worth it to hear live variations on familiar song. Plus! I never would have heard about the opening band otherwise. I think I'd have been just as happy listening to them play all night!

Check out out this song and tell me it's not sweet. It's a retelling of a Russian folk tale about a wolf who can't catch a break.

http://www.buriedbeds.com/inspirit/wolf-confessor/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."