QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• You sense the piercing eyes of Hecton looking upon you.

The resonating centre of Glomdoring's black heart.
    The Master Ravenwood Tree towers over everything here, pulsing with an immeasurable yet dark power.
    Settled within the branches of an ancient and skeletal tree roosts a murder of crows, their voices
    harsh and deafening as their caws peal through the air. There are 5 dark nighthags here. Firmly set
    into the ground, a pulsating branch of the Master Ravenwood has been set here. There are 5 illithoid
    scourges here. There are 5 shadowlord widowriders here. A rowan sapling clings tenaciously to the
    ground here. Casting darkness all around, a shadow totem thrusts up from the ground, chilling the
    air. Radiating with the power of the wyrd, the very presence of this champion darkens the room.
    You see exits leading south and up.

Spindle, Arcanis, Hecton, Zinnaella.
    (*) Currently, there are 4 Lusternians on this Plane and 37 on other Planes.

You tell High Chief Hecton D'Varden, The Half-Sane, "Away with you pervert."

Hecton tells you, "Just checking."

;)
  • Legs spread apart, Deb Roundmuffin stands here, wielding a staff expertly and ready for battle.

....I must have a far too dirty mind or..
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited July 2014
    (Peasantface): You say, "I am baaack."
    (Peasantface): Ardmore says, "Hrm."
    (Peasantface): Ardmore says, "I don't remember you."
    (Peasantface): You say, ":(."
    (Peasantface): Tau says, "Hi siam."
    (Peasantface): Xenthos (from the Aetherways) says, "Who is Siam."
    (Peasantface): You say, "Potatopixie guy."
    (Peasantface): Synkarin says, "Who?"

:((
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Every time I see Dr. Doom, he really seems to have the short end of the villain stick. Has he even accomplished anything heinous before being shut down?

• I think he beat up a bunch of Galactus's big brothers once. I can't recall if this was before or after he declared that doors were for peasants.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Obviously, Asmodea needs to start duelling Researchers.
  • Doctor Doom is so badass most of the time, that when he gets the short end, it's really notable - that's why his short end images are so popular.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Excerpt from our Year in Review Hallifax post:

~ Citizen Spotlight ~

It was a good year for the loboshigaru, not only because of Lord Windwhisper's groundbreaking study, but also thanks to Primus Vivet Pavok's work in the culinary arts. Inspired by the rare and famous beef cookie of New Celest, Primus Pavok has created a venison variant that she assures me will be widely available. I can personally attest to its suitability for the refined Hallifaxian palate. It is presently stocked -- and quite reasonably priced -- at the aethershop Elfen Emporium!

Oh, Daraius. :x

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Thoros has been reduced to the mental equivalent of a drooling puddle of degenerate sludge by Zenobia, the Queen of Queens.

Goodbye, brain.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2014
    set current_text FANCY ANNOUNCEMENT INTRODUCTION

(did anybody else see that?)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:

Um.

You saw nothing.
  • Isune said:
    Daraius said:

Um.

You saw nothing.
    except that it happen at least three times today (or I saw it three times)
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    You cease wielding in a gilded shield depicting the Star of Celest your left hand.
    You cease wielding in a magic tome your right hand.
    You begin to wield in a gilded shield depicting the Star of Celest your right hand.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited July 2014
    Changelog 431 should be rolled back until fixed.
  • I think a lot of the issues would be fixed by A) making it another command (FORCEWIELD or something), and B) making that command unforceable.
  • Passing under the broken portcullis. (road). (Ruins of Climanti) [24003]
    The air is filled with hundreds of dancing embers from nearby. Banks of clouds roil about here.
    Large snowflakes fall from the heavens. There are 25 Forsaken warriors here
    - Yomoigu Healing shrine influence -
    You see exits leading north and down.
    A Forsaken warrior throws his head back and looses a deep, loud call.
    Your mind is suddenly battered by dozens of angry and shrieking voices, driving you to the ground.
    A Forsaken warrior quietly draws his blades before approaching you.

lmao so THAT didn't used to happen before my little 6 month holiday...

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Dear random people of the Basin:

Yes, the stack of Forsaken are aggro depending on the status of a quest. They aren't guards. Sorry you lost your afk influencing spot.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • No need to cast aspersions - I was actually aiming to go and explore climanti itself, in the interests of finding out about such a quest :P - it's one of my favourite areas, and now I'm not sure how to get in...
  • Hunting Climanti is more fun. Right, @Karlach? :(
  • New combat fighting technique:

gl sw

A muddy hill.
    A soothing darkness and the scent of Wyrden foliage suffuse the area, indicating a healing shrine of
    Nocht nearby. Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. One or two
    light fluffy clouds drift lazily through the sky. There are 2 loathsome cockatrices here. There are
    3 sheep here. The behemoth form of a gold-streaked aquamarine serpent possessing blazing, formless
    wings of divinus energy undulates here, enveloped in a genteel presence that emanates from the pure
    glyph upon his brow. There are 2 green eyelash vipers here. Quartermaster Taevyn McCloud, Commander
    of the Temple is here, enveloped in an lambent aura of dazzling, cosmic radiance. He wields Kysia
    with both hands.
    You see exits leading northeast, south, and northwest.

The corpse of an old rat comes speeding in from the southwest and strikes you.

You suddenly scoop up the corpse of an old rat.

The corpse of a rat comes speeding in from the southwest and strikes you.

ql
    Sloping pine-forest.
    A soothing darkness and the scent of Wyrden foliage suffuse the area, indicating a healing shrine of
    Nocht nearby. It is warm and quite pleasant. Casting darkness all around, a shadow totem thrusts up
    from the ground, chilling the air. A hemlock sapling clings tenaciously to the ground here. A dead
    rat has been left here. Svorai Stormcrow is here. She wields a mystic cudgel in her left hand and a
    glowing powerstone in her right.
    You see exits leading northeast, southwest, and northwest.

You say, "Oookay."

The corpse of an old rat comes speeding in from the southwest and strikes you.

You suddenly scoop up the corpse of an old rat.
    The corpse of a rat comes speeding in from the southwest and strikes you.

A muddy hill.
    Nocht nearby. Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. It is
    uncomfortably cold. The behemoth form of a gold-streaked aquamarine serpent possessing blazing,
    formless wings of divinus energy undulates here, enveloped in a genteel presence that emanates from
    the pure glyph upon his brow. There are 2 green eyelash vipers here. A mature sheep stands here
    looking bored and boring. There are 2 loathsome cockatrices here. Heir Avurekhos, of Winter's Dream
    is here, shrouded. He wields a mystic cudgel in his left hand and a glowing powerstone in his right.
    Quartermaster Taevyn McCloud, Commander of the Temple is here, enveloped in an lambent aura of
    dazzling, cosmic radiance. He wields Kysia with both hands.
    You see exits leading northeast, south, and northwest.

Quick, they're calling reinforcements, beware rat plague.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I don't know where that is, but throwing at people requires declare ;)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • *astral insanity*

Haroun tells you, "I could go for my uncle."

Wha-