Amended Combat Overhaul!

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Uh combat has always been about quick hp kills, this isn't new.
  • Saesh said:

I'm not interested in adding anything to telepathy defense wise, especially along the lines of large health buffers. To be entirely honest, it's a hard sell that mages need much of anything right now in terms of large buffs.

If you have small adjustments in mind, there's an envoy process for that. Heck, if you really want a large buff and can justify it, there's an envoy process for that. I'm not here to dictate to you what you can and can't attempt to change (mostly). Go nuts.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited November 2014
    Elanorwen said:

As to mages not needing buffs... well, okay then, I'd love to hear a good, surefire strategy for pulling off a heartburst 1:1 before a warrior can get crit head wounds.
    Are you saying it's harder to build vessels than wounds?

Also why would heartburst being tough to pull off be a reason to buff mages? That's like saying a Tarot Illuminati can't illuminate easily, so they need buffed.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • In case anyone's curious, this is the converted afflictions (green), the removed afflictions (red), and the remaining afflictions (white), at least according to my (possibly lacking) list of afflictions. Most seem to be external afflictions (hello warriors and monks!), so hopefully things'll pick up a bit when we reach that point.
    [spoiler]
    ClumsinessEpilepsyParanoiaSensitivity
    ConfusionHallucinationsRecklessness
    AgoraphobiaDementiaLonelinessVapors
    AmplifyphobiaDizzinessMasochismVertigo
    ClaustrophobiaHypochondriaShynessVestiphobia
    AblazeCrackedrightkneecapJusticeScalped
    AchromaticauraCrotamineKneelingScrambledbrain
    AddictionCrucifiedLaceratedleftarmSeveredphrenic
    AeonCrushedchestLaceratedleftlegSeveredspine
    AmputatedleftarmCrushedleftfootLaceratedrightarmShackles
    AmputatedleftlegCrushedrightfootLaceratedrightlegShatteredjaw
    AmputatedrightarmCrushedwindpipeLefttendonShatteredleftankle
    AmputatedrightlegDamagedheadLeglockShatteredrightankle
    AnorexiaDaydreamingLovepotionShivering
    ArteryleftarmDeadenedLoversShortbreath
    ArteryleftlegDeafnessManabarbsSlicedleftbicep
    ArteryrightarmDeathmarkMangledleftarmSlicedleftthigh
    ArteryrightlegDebateanxiousMangledleftlegSlicedopenforehead
    AsthmaDebatecircuitousMangledrightarmSlicedopengut
    AurawarpDebateloopholeMangledrightlegSlicedrightbicep
    BedevilDisemboweledMissingleftearSlicedrightthigh
    BlackedoutDislocatedleftarmMissingrightearSlicedtongue
    BlacklungDislocatedleftlegMudSlickness
    BleedingDislocatedrightarmNarcolepsySlitthroat
    BlindnessDislocatedrightlegOpenchestSludge
    BrokenchestDisloyaltyPacifiedSnappedrib
    BrokenjawDisruptedParalysisSprawled
    BrokenleftarmDysenteryParalysislowerStagimpale
    BrokenleftlegEctoplasmPeacedStink
    BrokenleftwristEgovicePiercedleftarmStupidity
    BrokennoseEnfeeblePiercedleftlegSuccumb
    BrokenrightarmEntangledPiercedrightarmSunallergy
    BrokenrightlegEyepeckleftPiercedrightlegTemporaryinsanity
    BrokenrightwristEyepeckrightPinchednervechestThornlashedhead
    BrokenskullFearPinchednervegutThornlashedleftarm
    BurnlevelFracturedleftarmPinchednerveheadThornlashedleftleg
    BurstorgansFracturedrightarmPinchednerveleftarmThornlashedrightarm
    BurstvesselsFrozenPinchednerverightarmThornlashedrightleg
    ChestpainFurrowedbrowPinnedleftlegThroatlock
    ClampedleftarmGashedcheekPinnedrightlegTimewarp
    ClampedrightarmGluttonyPowersapTransfix
    ClotleftarmGrapplePowerspikesTrembling
    ClotleftlegGunkPoxTrussed
    ClotrightarmHaemophiliaPuncturedauraTwistedleftarm
    ClotrightlegHealthleechPuncturedchestTwistedleftleg
    CloudcoilsHemiplegyleftPuncturedlungTwistedrightarm
    CollapsedleftnerveHemiplegyrightRelapsingTwistedrightleg
    CollapsedlungHoistRighttendonVoid
    CollapsedrightnerveHypersomniaRigormortisVomiting
    ConcussionImpaledgutRopedVomitingblood
    CrackedleftelbowImpatienceRupturedstomachWeakness
    CrackedleftkneecapInsomniaSapWorms
    CrackedrightelbowJinxScabies

[/spoiler]
  • Speaking of warrior afflictions... What are the plans on these? I'm assuming they'll remain in some form, but will they be reduced by roughly half like the other afflictions seem to be, or will they see a larger reduction than average?
  • Saesh said:
    Saesh said:

I'm not interested in adding anything to telepathy defense wise, especially along the lines of large health buffers. To be entirely honest, it's a hard sell that mages need much of anything right now in terms of large buffs.

If you have small adjustments in mind, there's an envoy process for that. Heck, if you really want a large buff and can justify it, there's an envoy process for that. I'm not here to dictate to you what you can and can't attempt to change (mostly). Go nuts.
    How envoyish can we be? We're still restricting this to only-skills-affected-by-the-Overhaul, right?

• "This is a reminder that Envoy reports are open for the month of October,
    with a focus on Overhaul mechanics. For example, stuff like shuffling 
    affliction lists around for specific abilities, tweaks to affliction 
    effects, ideas for replacements to now-defunct abilities, etc."
  • Ssaliss said:

Speaking of warrior afflictions... What are the plans on these? I'm assuming they'll remain in some form, but will they be reduced by roughly half like the other afflictions seem to be, or will they see a larger reduction than average?

We are still working out how warrior afflictions are going to function.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I'm very nervous on how warrior and monk afflictions are all going to be consolidated under essentially one cure...
  • It could be made so they're split between external and internal affs, thus giving them two cures.
  • Rivius said:
    I'm very nervous on how warrior and monk afflictions are all going to be consolidated under essentially one cure...
    I imagine, what they will do is to focus on the end result of the affliction, rather than the cause.  So for example, Crushed Skull, which gives stupidity, would be cured by lucidity slush, and if I had my way, crushed skull wouldn't exist at all, it would just be the stupidity affliction like from any other source.

So you'll have physical afflictions like broken arms, mental afflictions like confusion or stupidity, internal afflictions like hemroging.
  • Warriors combat essentially boils down to salve stacking now and things aren't horribly broken, I imagine we'll be fine.
  • Ssaliss said:
    In case anyone's curious, this is the converted afflictions (green), the removed afflictions (red), and the remaining afflictions (white), at least according to my (possibly lacking) list of afflictions. Most seem to be external afflictions (hello warriors and monks!), so hopefully things'll pick up a bit when we reach that point.
    [spoiler]
    ClumsinessEpilepsyParanoiaSensitivity
    ConfusionHallucinationsRecklessness
    AgoraphobiaDementiaLonelinessVapors
    AmplifyphobiaDizzinessMasochismVertigo
    ClaustrophobiaHypochondriaShynessVestiphobia
    AblazeCrackedrightkneecapJusticeScalped
    AchromaticauraCrotamineKneelingScrambledbrain
    AddictionCrucifiedLaceratedleftarmSeveredphrenic
    AeonCrushedchestLaceratedleftlegSeveredspine
    AmputatedleftarmCrushedleftfootLaceratedrightarmShackles
    AmputatedleftlegCrushedrightfootLaceratedrightlegShatteredjaw
    AmputatedrightarmCrushedwindpipeLefttendonShatteredleftankle
    AmputatedrightlegDamagedheadLeglockShatteredrightankle
    AnorexiaDaydreamingLovepotionShivering
    ArteryleftarmDeadenedLoversShortbreath
    ArteryleftlegDeafnessManabarbsSlicedleftbicep
    ArteryrightarmDeathmarkMangledleftarmSlicedleftthigh
    ArteryrightlegDebateanxiousMangledleftlegSlicedopenforehead
    AsthmaDebatecircuitousMangledrightarmSlicedopengut
    AurawarpDebateloopholeMangledrightlegSlicedrightbicep
    BedevilDisemboweledMissingleftearSlicedrightthigh
    BlackedoutDislocatedleftarmMissingrightearSlicedtongue
    BlacklungDislocatedleftlegMudSlickness
    BleedingDislocatedrightarmNarcolepsySlitthroat
    BlindnessDislocatedrightlegOpenchestSludge
    BrokenchestDisloyaltyPacifiedSnappedrib
    BrokenjawDisruptedParalysisSprawled
    BrokenleftarmDysenteryParalysislowerStagimpale
    BrokenleftlegEctoplasmPeacedStink
    BrokenleftwristEgovicePiercedleftarmStupidity
    BrokennoseEnfeeblePiercedleftlegSuccumb
    BrokenrightarmEntangledPiercedrightarmSunallergy
    BrokenrightlegEyepeckleftPiercedrightlegTemporaryinsanity
    BrokenrightwristEyepeckrightPinchednervechestThornlashedhead
    BrokenskullFearPinchednervegutThornlashedleftarm
    BurnlevelFracturedleftarmPinchednerveheadThornlashedleftleg
    BurstorgansFracturedrightarmPinchednerveleftarmThornlashedrightarm
    BurstvesselsFrozenPinchednerverightarmThornlashedrightleg
    ChestpainFurrowedbrowPinnedleftlegThroatlock
    ClampedleftarmGashedcheekPinnedrightlegTimewarp
    ClampedrightarmGluttonyPowersapTransfix
    ClotleftarmGrapplePowerspikesTrembling
    ClotleftlegGunkPoxTrussed
    ClotrightarmHaemophiliaPuncturedauraTwistedleftarm
    ClotrightlegHealthleechPuncturedchestTwistedleftleg
    CloudcoilsHemiplegyleftPuncturedlungTwistedrightarm
    CollapsedleftnerveHemiplegyrightRelapsingTwistedrightleg
    CollapsedlungHoistRighttendonVoid
    CollapsedrightnerveHypersomniaRigormortisVomiting
    ConcussionImpaledgutRopedVomitingblood
    CrackedleftelbowImpatienceRupturedstomachWeakness
    CrackedleftkneecapInsomniaSapWorms
    CrackedrightelbowJinxScabies

[/spoiler]
    For anyone on m&m, you can see this with mmshow overhaul
  • Does this update mean you are working on the autocuring system next? *hope*
  • Daganev said:
    Does this update mean you are working on the autocuring system next? *hope*
    I can't answer for if it's next in their timeframe... but I know it's on the cards.

Estarra said:
    Yes, it should make it easier for server side curing and it's something we want to do.
    Daganev said:
    Does moving afflictions to the database allow for server side curing like that which exists in the arena? (or atleast the help file claims exists in the arena)

Is also the Shintar.
  • I was asking about this from Overhaul news 13:

However, the manual firstaid queue/curing is still 
    unimplemented for Overhaul afflictions; I am currently awaiting updates 
    to our Rapture engine (on which Lusternia is built) which will provide 
    some features that I am wanting to use in the implementation of the rest
    of FirstAid (and eventually in-game auto-curing). 
  • Any server-side automated curing is going to come, at the least, after the end of the affliction portion of the Overhaul. Regarding that post specifically, the particular feature I was looking forward to was nixed from the upcoming release because of implementation issues, but is still being worked on for a future release. If it doesn't come to pass, I'll still work on a curing system and just work around the issues the update would have addressed, but either way it's not something that's coming up in the immediate future.
  • I love our Admin. 
    How they answer the meaning behind the question and don't always get bogged down in semantics.

+7 Awesome Points.
    Is also the Shintar.
  • I know this is probably a bit away, but is there going to be any sort of thing to convert old liquid cures to the new? Those of us that have fulled rifts can't really fit the new cures into our rifts (more so those who have poisons) have a bit of an issue. I know we could just buy the artifact to expand the rift, but having something like the new cures not count against the limit until after the affliction phase is done or even have a starter one sip of each placed in the rift for us so we can fill it from that would be nice.
  • Personally, I'm more curious about what's going to happen with my kegs filled with various potions when they become obsolete. Will they be museum exhibits ("And this is where we have the remnants of a much more complex and complicated generation"), or will they be changed to their respective replacements?
  • edited November 2014
    What is the current stand on outlier and stacking adjustments?

The original overhaul called for giving buffs levels and maxing at 5 so you couldnt get +60% health. Also, believe it was going to address super high damage outlier skills, caps on damage or something.

EDIT: I meant is this coming down the pipeline, waiting on affs first, etc.
  • Malarious said:
    What is the current stand on outlier and stacking adjustments?

The original overhaul called for giving buffs levels and maxing at 5 so you couldnt get +60% health. Also, believe it was going to address super high damage outlier skills, caps on damage or something.

EDIT: I meant is this coming down the pipeline, waiting on affs first, etc.
    We're going to be doing something at least similar to the old overhaul buff system. Details haven't been hashed out since it's a fair ways down the line (currently slated as stage 3, per Estarra's opening post for this thread), but expect something similar to what we had with the original overhaul.

• @Aiyana said "Dont remember if Mag collegium has stupidity aff in it, but novice cure prompts them to eat pennyroyal still and they need to sip lucidity since the aff was overhauled."
    Is also the Shintar.
  • Since defs are on the list after afflictions (at least in the current version), how hard would it be to make a "defmessages" config much like there are affmessages? I don't want to distract people too much from overhauling the afflictions, but if it's a ten-minute work, it might help us get organised before defenses get overhauled next.
  • Currently, significantly more that ten minutes, since the present defenses set up sports zero of the requirements for such a mechanic, and adding them is equivalent to the actual defense overhaul.
  • Well, let's skip that one for now then :D Afflictions, onwards!
  • A thought on wounds-curing I figured I'd share:

First of all, getting generic messages when you get wounds would be awesome. While the amount of wounds would be nice, it might be a step too far, but at least "You are wounded in your right leg" would be a great help when building systems, instead of trying to find all the various attack messages of all the various monk and knighthood specs.

Second, when actually curing wounds, right now there are two methods: The general "apply health" which will heal the bodyparts one by one (not sure if it's random or if it does it in some specific order), and "apply health to xyz". I propose the second be expanded thusly:
    • Add specific arms and legs so you can "apply healing to rarm" or "apply healing to lleg".
    • Add another pseudo-bodypart called "highestwounds" or something like that which will apply healing to the bodypart with the highest wounds.
    • Add a priority queue to the apply, such as "apply healing to head chest larm rleg" which would try to cure wounds in that order.

This would, I feel, both make it easier for people new to combat to get used to the wounds system while still making it worth it to track wounds for those more experienced and knowledgable. For instance, a queue of "head chest legs arms" would probably not be a good idea with critical legs and a lightly wounded head, nor might it be a good idea to heal a critically wounded leg before a nearly-critically wounded head.

• I don't know if an application rework in addition to the warrior rework is realistic. I'm on board with the first person wound affliction messages, assuming it doesn't impact warriors too negatively.  
  • Well, it wouldn't really impact them at all, considering all of the messages (at least as far as I know) already tell you where they hit. All it does is reducing the wound-hitting messages to seven (?) instead of the several dozens.
  • Oh, I see what you are saying. I was thinking of something else. I'm okay with that.