Because of numerous issues and setbacks in the Overhaul Project, we have
decided to suspend that project and develop an alternative approach
that goes in a completely different direction. Instead of developing a
completely different database system incompatible with current combat
system, this amendment would allow the redesign to be introduced
incrementally into the game which would give players a chance to slowly
get used to the changes and provide an opportunity to envoys to help
Phase I: Afflictions and Curing
Note the amended overhaul proposal would not include the 5 level
affliction system. The goal would be to radically reduce the number of
afflictions and place them in a database system. Likewise, cures for
afflictions would be radically redesigned so that there are only 4 cures
for the majority of afflictions in the game. In other words, there
would only be 4 cures:
- Curing Salve (apply): cures external physical afflictions (broken limbs, scabies, etc.)
- Curing Potion (drink): cures internal physical afflictions (dysentery, pox, etc.)
- Curing Herb (eat): cures mental afflictions (confusion, dementia, etc.)
- Curing Pipe (smoke): cures spiritual afflictions (aeon, jinx, etc.)
The four cure types (apply/drink/eat/smoke) would each have their own balance.
Possible New Discipline Skills
- Focus Herb - allows target cure of specific affliction, i.e., EAT HERB FOCUS STUIPIDITY
- Focus Potion - allows target cure of specific affliction
- Focus Pipe - allows target cure of specific affliction
- Focus Salve - allows target cure of specific affliction
- New trans skill to prioritize what afflictions are cured?
As we begin to phase in the new ailments and cures, we will be reactivating the envoys to ask them to help guide us in the development.
Phase II: Defenses
Consists of migrating defenses to a database system. Players will probably not see a great deal of difference in how defenses work.
Phase III: Buff System
Redesign the buff system to the 5 level buff system contemplated in the original overhaul proposal. In other words, all skills, abilities, curios, etc. will give a level of buff which stack and max out at 5.
Phase IV: Race Stats
Redesign the race statistics into body/mind/spirit/empathy/artistry as
outlined in the original overhaul proposal. Health/mana/ego would no
longer be tied to race stats.