Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'd like to give a big solstice Screw You to whoever thought it was cool to destroy the painting in the Orphanage. Now, a quest that is possibly broken, not that well known, and that I'd like to figure out is inaccessible.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    I'd like to give a big solstice Screw You to whoever thought it was cool to destroy the painting in the Orphanage. Now, a quest that is possibly broken, not that well known, and that I'd like to figure out is inaccessible.
    And a big solstice Screw You to the person who took the sands I was carrying during my mishap in Etherglom. Instead of me handing them in to Glom, Gaudi and Mag, I guess someone got all the fancies.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Shaddus said:
    Depends on which side really. Im going to assume you mean Light-aligned, which is actually doable and does not require an easy painting past the gate. As for dark-aligned, it simply is not doable, and I should know since I've looked at it from several angles. Only way it may be possible is by access to several lirangsha mist and some amnesty begging (even then, very time constrained).
    No, I mean the Merry Minstrel quest.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I may have picked up a habit half on accident, half purposefully of throwing loboshigaru monks at @Daraius.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I may have picked up a habit half on accident, half purposefully of throwing loboshigaru monks at @Daraius.
    Assault of members of the Collective will be punished.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    a glowing badge of Morgfyre approval rubs up against your inner nostril.

I need to find out how to get one of these!

• It's a Kethuru trick to make you believe such a thing can be obtained. Do not trust it!!!
    edited December 2014
    I still want a two handed hoop snake chakram. Just saying.
    Drocilla said:
    It's a Kethuru trick to make you believe such a thing can be obtained. Do not trust it!!!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I may have picked up a habit half on accident, half purposefully of throwing loboshigaru monks at @Daraius.
    I'll take them all. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Shaddus said:
    Drocilla said:
    It's a Kethuru trick to make you believe such a thing can be obtained. Do not trust it!!!

And not the bright golden five-pronged star badge of Fain approval? Fine!
  • People are surprisingly pleased with being sent severed arms through the mail. Weird, but cool!
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Iytha said:
    People are surprisingly pleased with being sent severed arms through the mail. Weird, but cool!
    So it WAS you!

Do you know how many arm-related jokes I've gotten because of you?

Too many. They're hilarious and frustrating at the same time. <3 Iytha
    Drocilla said:
    Shaddus said:
    Drocilla said:

And not the bright golden five-pronged star badge of Fain approval? Fine!
    Sooooo over Fain.

Maybe.
  • Unwrapped an ultimate present! Woo!

It was a Mucklemarsh ball. Hm, less woo, but still 200db. I wonder what I can buy ....

Oh, HELP DINGBATS reminds me about Korue! HELP DINGBATS KORUE - 275? I can afford to cover the difference. I'll go grab a whip!

"You do not have enough bound credits to afford a golden whip of the pious."

... wat.

Oh right, they changed it! 

:(
  • I dislike the noninteractive nature of this year's "end of the world" questline. Killing the mushrooms was tedious but ultimately nothing - they just regrew. Killing the mounds was even more tedious, but equally pointless. They also regrew. Then Estarra blew them all up for solstice via admin fiat. The trees can't be destroyed with essence and can't be chopped down. It doesn't even give a cool message as to why it doesn't work, it's just "You cannot see that here." All it does it make you want to wall off the shroomy areas and ignore the issue until the inevitable admin fiat explanation of what's going on and the ascension contest.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

Welcome to Lusternian events /shrug. By and large, most events are like that, especially the world ones. Now, imagine that your org's 'point' was "Not let tainted stuff in our territory", but you have no avenue to keep things like these mushrooms out.

Going to pursue some avenue of RP with Seren NPCs related to possibly empowering the Flame of Glinshari to hedge out the shroom-trees. That'd be cool, somewhat hopeful for that.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Iytha said:
    I dislike the noninteractive nature of this year's "end of the world" questline. Killing the mushrooms was tedious but ultimately nothing - they just regrew. Killing the mounds was even more tedious, but equally pointless. They also regrew. Then Estarra blew them all up for solstice via admin fiat. The trees can't be destroyed with essence and can't be chopped down. It doesn't even give a cool message as to why it doesn't work, it's just "You cannot see that here." All it does it make you want to wall off the shroomy areas and ignore the issue until the inevitable admin fiat explanation of what's going on and the ascension contest.
    It's probably limited due to focus being on other things/constraints.

That said, I actually wish people would back off a bit and let things take their course. I've gotten a lot of messages and letters about what the Institute is doing to research it and look into it, and like... I'm not even here for most of this, and when I am I just want to be a mindless drone, heh.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Personally, I tend to tune out this time of year in Lusternia anyways.  Got all those nifty Christmas presents to go play with, and my kids presents to play with.
  • MoiMoi
    edited December 2014
    The previous ascension events weren't like that. With the Dominators, there were a bunch of enemies running around doing stuff who you had to kill. With the Illith vs Kethuru ascension, there was a giant multi-room worm mob in Magnagora that you could try attacking. With the various plague events, you could try (and sometimes succeed!) at a quarantine. Even if you were doomed to failure, you could still try stuff that logically seemed like it would help. Here, you can't. It'd be different if it were a matter of the mushroom spread being too fast for essence to keep up with, or if trying to chop down a tree spawned worms to stop you or something like that. That'd be cool. This year, you're just not allowed to try.

E: tl;dr version: Admins, all I want for christmas is some windmills to tilt at.
    Or maybe you're just not trying the right thing ;)
  • These people unweaving gates the day after Christmas are going to end up pulling me out of retirement. Nobody wants that to happen.

Just let me lounge in peace and extract poisons and such.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The right thing tends to be a thing that doesn't exist until the event is ready to progress. Until then, sitting on hands theorycrafting IC tends to be the extent of useful, in my experience. It doesn't stop me from trying, nor does it stop be from being frustrated when I spend hours and hours trying only to find out the event was just on pause for whatever reason.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Naturally, the game has to crash when I decide to try to stay up later.

It's a sign.

Leolamins, are you griefing Celest?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Enyalida said:
    The right thing tends to be a thing that doesn't exist until the event is ready to progress. Until then, sitting on hands theorycrafting IC tends to be the extent of useful, in my experience. It doesn't stop me from trying, nor does it stop be from being frustrated when I spend hours and hours trying only to find out the event was just on pause for whatever reason.
    I dunno...I usually find it pretty easy to tell when you're supposed to wait for the event to progress. Often there's signs or hints somewhere (or a lack of any of those). While I do admire those who look up and down and all around for clues and eventually find things, it really annoys me when people go overboard when the event is obviously on hold and string everyone along with them. I'm not talking about anyone in particular, just noting that some people get a bit overeager and it doesn't hurt to accept that you need to wait for the next progression in the event.
  • Rivius said:
    Enyalida said:
    I dunno...I usually find it pretty easy to tell when you're supposed to wait for the event to progress. Often there's signs or hints somewhere (or a lack of any of those). While I do admire those who look up and down and all around for clues and eventually find things, it really annoys me when people go overboard when the event is obviously on hold and string everyone along with them. I'm not talking about anyone in particular, just noting that some people get a bit overeager and it doesn't hurt to accept that you need to wait for the next progression in the event.
    I personally just have a problem with people who try to drag everyone else into the events, if I don't want to be art of an event it should be up to me. This affects me but a lot of other people I know too. Really don't want to have to take a break from the game just because I don't want to take part in an event.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, world events turn me right off, for the above mentioned reasons and for the fact that a lot of the time they're needlessly deadly. Cool things can happen and stakes can seem high without mushworms killing midbies. But I've gathered that recently lots of people are getting sweet, sweet NPC interactions (myself included, love you Q-dawg), so I'm content to believe there's a little something for everyone.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
This discussion has been closed.