General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Kalnid said:
    All people are meatblobs, not just babies. Babies just don't mind being called that.
    Perhaps, but I have no trouble not seeing kids and adults as not-blobs. It's what made me profoundly uncomfortable over the holidays, with my cousins having newborns and me just... sorta wanting to be in another room. Or building. 

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• All I can say is if I had to pay 32% in taxes I'd  :-&
    Stangmar - Retired

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    My school hasn't given me my degree yet.

I've done all the required classes, 124 credits completed, 3.578 GPA. The site for my school says:

Degree Status: DENIED
    Reason: Check your school e-mail

School e-mail has no mail from my school. At all. Called the registrar's office, all I said was "I was wondering if your office could tell me why my degree was den--" and they said, "it has to do with your department's dean" and hung up on me. Didn't ask my name. Didn't ask my department. Didn't ask for anything from me.

So I call my department yesterday, ask them who the dean of the department is. They took my number, said they'd call me later with the name and number of the dean. They never called me back.

I called the registrar's office today and a woman said "please hold" and I've been on hold for 20 minutes on my house phone. I called from my cell phone after, and that's been on hold for 10 minutes so far.

I used my dad's cell to call my advisor's phone number, which is out of service, and then the department itself, where no one picked up.

I just want my piece of paper. Give me my piece of paper.
    Got through to the head of my department. Apparently everyone in that building (we're a four building school) who is trying to graduate or have classes put in are being denied, and there are six or seven departments in that building fighting for their students now. Was told not to come in as I'd just add to the chaos and to let them all handle it, and that I'd be kept in contact.

I'll see how that goes until the 22nd. Sigh.
  • Where is the 'hug' button at the bottom of the post?

Incidentally, who are you through, so I know not to apply.
    Aerotan said:
    Where is the 'hug' button at the bottom of the post?

Incidentally, who are you through, so I know not to apply.
    NYCCT. I don't think you'll be applying to a CUNY any time soon, but, NYCCT.
  • What the actual fuck is wrong with your school?

Stangmar - Retired

Stangmar said:
    What the actual fuck is wrong with your school?

Apparently, public colleges suck. Or at least this one does.

Also, a former classmate whose degree is centered in another department has told me that they and their department are having the same issue. I guess that explains why I was put on hold indefinitely at the Registrar's office.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Sounds like a massive fudge bug running rampant through the system that no one wants to take credit for.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I thought of something --perfect-- for a Tweets thread but we don't have it anymore. No one is going to understand my wit without a Tweets thread.

• People keep saying I'm roleplaying a Nac Mac Feegle :(

Nae king! Nae quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willnae be fooled again!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal

Phedrae said:
    People keep saying I'm roleplaying a Nac Mac Feegle :(

Nae king! Nae quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willnae be fooled again!

Do you know Rob Anybody?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • My sinuses are tingling and hurting and giving me a headache. At least it explains why my motivation suddenly tanked. Still, this is a really annoying sensation. Hoping it blows over. With the raised humidity level in my apartment I doubt it is due to dry air. More thinking venturing outside to get groceries, or the doctor visit two days ago, might have put me at risk. There is also a flu epidemic going around. Bleh. Times like this you just realize how nice it is when your body just works and is not in pain. And this is very minor compared to what some people go through.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I just bet my job on the outcome of the current project at work.  Either I'll be unemployed by the time of the ascension, or I'll be enjoying vacation plus pay-raise.

I'm going to double-post this.
    </RANT>
  • Got shadow banned from Reddit this week for no good reason.

I think it's cowardly and shameful that the admins don't notify you when you've been banned, nor do you get any sort of warning.  It took me days to realize what had happened.  Upon asking them for a reason, they claimed 'vote brigading'.   Damn liars.  I've never done such a thing.  

Guess I'll create a new account and try to rebuild my karma score.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Whee, still can't do even semi-solid food. At least I can actually keep down liquid now, though, so I've got that going for me.

Also, I swear somebody's going to figure out the Altrea summoning ritual fairly soon at this rate. I really need to either just disable message emails entirely or close Thunderbird when I shouldn't be logging in (or be out of bed in the first place).
  • What the hell is a ``vote brigade''?
    </RANT>
  • It's where people from one subreddit or thread band together to go to another subreddit or thread for the sole purpose of mass voting.  

It took some bitching but I was finally able to get through to an admin with a brain and get unbanned.  From what I've read that's very rare.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I never knew reddit was raidable.  Thanks for the 411, @Stangmar.  Yeah, that does sound pretty stupid.
    </RANT>
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Supposedly, a former teacher of mine, who introduced me to some of the best books I've ever read, which is saying a lot, died sometime last week. I've still yet to see any full confirmation, so lately I've been slingshotting between various emotions regarding the veracity of it, and a number of other things.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited March 2015
    Redacted!

• Rheatsis said:
    As of two days ago, I am no longer with my fiancee, and have left a relationship of 5 long years due to irreconcilable differences and other personal matters But it's.. yeah. It's a lot harder to cope than I expected it to have been.
    It will get better. I remained in a bad long term relationship and it just ruined my life. It wasn't easy, I felt so lost after, but eventually I rebuilt myself a life and took the lessons learned from that. Try and avoid falling into the bitterness trap too. Practice forgiveness, even if the other party is being a bag of dicks. They can no longer affect you now.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I am so sorry, Rheatsis :( . While not engaged, I was in a serious relationship where marriage was starting to be discussed, until one day, out of the blue, she calls me and tells me she doesn't want to be with my anymore. Two weeks later, she's with the guy she ended up getting engaged to 8 months later. It tore me up, and I went down all the roads Rialorn says not to. It's not easy, but I hope you get through it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Can't sleep, clowns will eat my face.
    My dad broke my IBM mouse.

We now have an HP mouse we're using that's so old, it doesn't even have a USB connector.
  • My out-of-the-box HP mouse didn't have one. I still prefer ones without USB, honestly, when I don't have more than 5 USB ports, since I prefer to have USB powered speakers to free up outlet space. I mean, your computer has a perfectly servicable PS/2 port for them...

If it's just an old mouse though, that's a perfectly servicable and valid complaint. Those suck.
    Aerotan said:
    My out-of-the-box HP mouse didn't have one. I still prefer ones without USB, honestly, when I don't have more than 5 USB ports, since I prefer to have USB powered speakers to free up outlet space. I mean, your computer has a perfectly servicable PS/2 port for them...

If it's just an old mouse though, that's a perfectly servicable and valid complaint. Those suck.
    It's old. He found it with some floppy disks.
  • You have my sympathies. At least Lusternia doesn't require too much mouse-use. =D
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I think I'm going to snap and start shouting obscenities if another of my Facebook friends posts a picture about Chris Kyle or raves about American Sniper.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.