Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    :: Quietly puts her wig away. ::
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Elanorwen said:
    Shuyin said:
    I feel like those three gaudi ascendants are to blame, so you guys should exact revenge on them. I think they can take it.
    Pretty sure two of them were present for the astrobash crash. As to exacting revenge on them directly.... yeah, I know, we'll just bring in everyone that went to the astrobashes that you guys keep crashing and kill you repeatedly... and you're just gonna sit there and take it rather than go home to Gaudi prime/continuum? Uh-huh.
    You guys could raid with that big group! I promise we'd fight back (unless we're not online).

We're the side that doesn't give up after one wipe after all!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Maybe I just missed tweets a bit too much.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Tweets, oh how I love thee. (Well, when people are actually tweeting.)

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice

I had been writing something very long for some in-game things when notepad closed on me without warning. I was so focused that I had forgotten to save my work every so often. Hnggggg. Now I'm back where I started.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Siam said:

I had been writing something very long for some in-game things when notepad closed on me without warning. I was so focused that I had forgotten to save my work every so often. Hnggggg. Now I'm back where I started.

I feel you, bro. The last time I managed to work through my relevant anxiety and self-doubt to finish writing up a full mortal builder application...foot bumped the switch on the power strip that gives my computer life.

That was months ago. I still never worked up the courage to start over.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    *weep*
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Gnome Kills: 400
    Fink Kills: 100

Perfection!

• edited January 2015
    God realms, sadly, do qualify for explorer rank, which in all honesty they really should not. Other then the idea of an enemy god realm, which isnt the problem, the  real issue is the idea of 'Inner temples" or "Member-only areas" which are only accessible by order members. Valtreth's Inner temple alone is quite massive (As far as I can tell from the map anyway), and this gives quite the advantage in explorer ranking. I would honestly prefer if God-realms were just cut out of the entire equation.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. -RESTRICTED- areas should be cut out. Though I personally dont mind guildhalls as part of the equation, since everyone gets a guildhall (which are roughly the same size), perhaps simply labeling restricted areas overall as giving no explorer rank is best.
  • Eritheyl said:
    Siam said:

I feel you, bro. The last time I managed to work through my relevant anxiety and self-doubt to finish writing up a full mortal builder application...foot bumped the switch on the power strip that gives my computer life.

That was months ago. I still never worked up the courage to start over.
    You two should take a look at Sublime Text, should still be free with nag messages ever so often if you're not registered. The beauty of it is that it saves everything in a temp location for you, so if your computer crashes or whatever, ST will still have it when you open it back up, saved or no.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    See also: Notepad++ http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Arcanis said:

God realms, sadly, do qualify for explorer rank, which in all honesty they really should not. Other then the idea of an enemy god realm, which isnt the problem, the  real issue is the idea of 'Inner temples" or "Member-only areas" which are only accessible by order members. Valtreth's Inner temple alone is quite massive (As far as I can tell from the map anyway), and this gives quite the advantage in explorer ranking. I would honestly prefer if God-realms were just cut out of the entire equation.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. -RESTRICTED- areas should be cut out. Though I personally dont mind guildhalls as part of the equation, since everyone gets a guildhall (which are roughly the same size), perhaps simply labeling restricted areas overall as giving no explorer rank is best.

This would render all my patience and hard work breaking into temples and Guildhalls obsolete, no thank you

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • What, Tweets is back! Woo something to read at lunch.
    The playa you love to hate
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shuyin said:
    You guys could raid with that big group! I promise we'd fight back (unless we're not online).

We're the side that doesn't give up after one wipe after all!
    Oh dear, should I call for the burn unit?

That said, why punish an organization for the actions of the few? I thought you were arguing that we shouldn't jump others and should instead focus our aggression? But now you're recommending we harass Gaudi/Mysrai/Whatever for the sake of those same people? Make up your mind.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I'm saying that you guys should jump us.

I'm also saying that you guys could do something more meaningful than grabbing a lot of people just to gank and then immediately dispersing afterward.

I'm also saying that if you do indeed do something more meaningful as I've suggested, do it when people are online to respond.

Lastly, I'm saying you guys give up too easily and are mostly opportunists, usually when faced with a bit of a challenge, hence why you wouldn't raid anyway.

These aren't mutually exclusive statements. It's also a sweet multi layer statement!

I love tweets
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shuyin said:
    I'm saying that you guys should jump us. I'm also saying that you guys could do something more meaningful than grabbing a lot of people just to gank and then immediately dispersing afterward. I'm also saying that if you do indeed do something more meaningful as I've suggested, do it when people are online to respond. Lastly, I'm saying you guys give up too easily and are mostly opportunists, usually when faced with a bit of a challenge, hence why you wouldn't raid anyway. These aren't mutually exclusive statements. It's also a sweet multi layer statement! I love tweets
    I don't care much for raiding. It's a matter of personal choice. There will always be something that isn't right with a situation. Like yesterday's raid and people bitching at others for bringing in uneven numbers... like why? It's a raid, you're expecting people to play fair/by your rules? Might as well forget about raiding and host a chess tournament instead.

In my opinion godrealm raids are pointless. You will go in, kill the mobs and leave. The mobs will respawn in 8 hours and someone will influence them, recovering the essence lost. Other options: Mobs will already be influenced so you'll have nothing to kill and just run around an area looking silly, there will be a defense and you will lose/win. Either way, one group will bring back a bigger zerg for the fight and someone will end up complaining about zerging. Refer to chess tournament statement.

Elemental/aspect raids are probably even more ridiculous, up to the point where they can be executed by a single person if one so desires. Smob raids are an annoyance and are either going to be countered: big enough zerg from defence + people to raise the annoying powers or they won't, leading to a few people in the victim org spending hours trying to recover from the blow which is quite the opposite of 'having fun'. I guess it's cool to do if you want to annoy/dispirit people though.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Arcanis said:

In order of size (based on rooms in the area known as "Temple of XYZ" in the XML file):

Mysrai (102)
    Morgfyre (86)
    Valtreth (69)
    Shikari (41)
    Viravain (29)
    Maylea (26)
    Nocht (17)
    Charune (16)
    Elostian (16)
    Hoaracle (14)
    Lisaera (14)
    Terentia (9)
    Raezon (0)
    Fain (0)

This doesn't mean that all those rooms are only accessible by order members, however. Most, if not all, temples have both a publically available section and a private section. It's hard to tell from a glance how big those are though.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Auseklis clearly has all of the extra rooms on the ToT, waiting for his triumphant return.
  • @Ssaliss: The "Temple Of" area doesn't always encompass the entire Godrealm. In fact, in Mysrai's case, it's the smaller part and, save six rooms, only accessable by the order. Public area in that example, area 226 - "Shifting City". 218 rooms in the map XML.
    Should be noted that Fain's temple area isn't actually mapped in game, so it's more than 0 that's listed here.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Elanorwen said:
    Shuyin said:
    I'm saying that you guys should jump us. I'm also saying that you guys could do something more meaningful than grabbing a lot of people just to gank and then immediately dispersing afterward. I'm also saying that if you do indeed do something more meaningful as I've suggested, do it when people are online to respond. Lastly, I'm saying you guys give up too easily and are mostly opportunists, usually when faced with a bit of a challenge, hence why you wouldn't raid anyway. These aren't mutually exclusive statements. It's also a sweet multi layer statement! I love tweets
    I don't care much for raiding. It's a matter of personal choice. There will always be something that isn't right with a situation. Like yesterday's raid and people bitching at others for bringing in uneven numbers... like why? It's a raid, you're expecting people to play fair/by your rules? Might as well forget about raiding and host a chess tournament instead.

In my opinion godrealm raids are pointless. You will go in, kill the mobs and leave. The mobs will respawn in 8 hours and someone will influence them, recovering the essence lost. Other options: Mobs will already be influenced so you'll have nothing to kill and just run around an area looking silly, there will be a defense and you will lose/win. Either way, one group will bring back a bigger zerg for the fight and someone will end up complaining about zerging. Refer to chess tournament statement.

Elemental/aspect raids are probably even more ridiculous, up to the point where they can be executed by a single person if one so desires. Smob raids are an annoyance and are either going to be countered: big enough zerg from defence + people to raise the annoying powers or they won't, leading to a few people in the victim org spending hours trying to recover from the blow which is quite the opposite of 'having fun'. I guess it's cool to do if you want to annoy/dispirit people though.
    What raid yesterday where? 

Did I miss another one? Only one I know about was @Enyalida, @Enadonella, @Vhula and @Niina murdering @Alary and firelords but that may have been two days ago or so.

Anyway, the point is, the reason we gank astral bashes is because they contain 1) people who have raided us when others weren't around (this is back from the Nature Hammer days(month or two ago?) and we'd primarily gank people like @Kaiel, @Erebos, @Avurekhos etc) and other people are just bystanders who get to die due to being with said people or 2) It's fun to piss someone off, like @Elanorwen or @Daebach, because they like to be mouthy for no good reason. or 3) because we want to try and get around trueheal (-shakefist @Romaan-). It's also not like we're bringing a giant army to gank either, it's usually 3 of us to your 8-15 people bashing.

But you're right, we're totally the bad guys here, and everything we do is unprovoked etc ;)

disclaimer: some of it is unprovoked and we just want to have fun.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Altrea said:
    @Ssaliss: The "Temple Of" area doesn't always encompass the entire Godrealm. In fact, in Mysrai's case, it's the smaller part and, save six rooms, only accessable by the order. Public area in that example, area 226 - "Shifting City". 218 rooms in the map XML.
    Yeah, I know. That's why I specified "Temple of xyz". Godrealms are (at least to my knowledge?) nearly always accessible to everyone everywhere. What I meant by "publically available section" is just that; a part of the actual temple that everyone can get to (so those six rooms in the case of Mysrai).
    Synkarin said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Shuyin said:

What raid yesterday where? 

Did I miss another one? Only one I know about was @Enyalida, @Enadonella, @Vhula and @Niina murdering @Alary and firelords but that may have been two days ago or so.

Anyway, the point is, the reason we gank astral bashes is because they contain 1) people who have raided us when others weren't around (this is back from the Nature Hammer days(month or two ago?) and we'd primarily gank people like @Kaiel, @Erebos, @Avurekhos etc) and other people are just bystanders who get to die due to being with said people or 2) It's fun to piss someone off, like @Elanorwen or @Daebach, because they like to be mouthy for no good reason. or 3) because we want to try and get around trueheal (-shakefist @Romaan-). It's also not like we're bringing a giant army to gank either, it's usually 3 of us to your 8-15 people bashing.

But you're right, we're totally the bad guys here, and everything we do is unprovoked etc ;)

disclaimer: some of it is unprovoked and we just want to have fun.
    Super confused by this. You mean the firelord raid as a response to Gaudiguch just having chopped down 8 Elder trees, where Alary wandered into our group alone and started melding right in front of us? 
    Enyalida said:
    Super confused by this. You mean the firelord raid as a response to Gaudiguch just having chopped down 8 Elder trees, where Alary wandered into our group alone and started melding right in front of us? 
    Probably, I don't know about elder chopping but I saw Alary die and you 4 were up there! I'd call that a raid

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    No, it was totally a raid. It was not muder, nor was it unprovoked (which is implied by "And you're always saying WE attack unprovoked, huhhh").
  • Well, this is... one hell of a bug right now. And it only seems to be affecting Gaudi. Woo!
  • I feel so helpful
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
    What, you most certainly did murder Alary and Firelords...... they ended up dead? 

You're reading too much into this, I didn't say that your raid nor any other raid was unprovoked, nor do I care. What I know is that you guys raided, and thus we retaliate. What matters is you did it, and you can bet we'll keep ganking you guys as long as you keep raiding, justified or not.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
This discussion has been closed.