Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited February 2015
    Because I forgot to when it happened:
    Me when Solstice Crates were taken away.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Arcanis said:

POLITICS NEWS #4822
    Date: 2/8/2015 at 18:05
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Aslaran-Krokani Feud

In the Grey Moors, the aslaran of Shanthmark once again clash with the krokani of Paavik, as their
    ancient racial feud reasserts itself. No longer caring about the politics of the Basin, Shanthmark
    declares itself free and no longer under the sphere of influence of the Holy Principality of New
    Celest, and Paavik declares itself free and no longer under the sphere of influence of the Free
    Alliance of Serenwilde.

POLITICS NEWS #4823
    Date: 2/8/2015 at 18:15
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Political Upheaval in the Village of Shanthmark

This day, the Village of Shanthmark has pledged its support and resources to the Holy Principality
    of New Celest.

-----

I thought the entire bloody point of a grace period was to remove the idea of quick/instant revolt gains, and yet it seems Celest has for the past 3 revolts gained villages in no time flat as it seems they are winning it in one wave+, simply by use of a certain someone's multitude of Lirangsha mist artifact (resets influenced mobs to be influenced again). Either make the artifact not work on village mobs and accept all the decries about their purchases, since a 'pay to win' function for a game-wide event feature in a game designed around fair play was an extremely foolish idea, and frankly I thought Lusternia was better than that, or make it that using a mist puts all other mists on cooldown, thus making one able to only use 1 at a time and not 3+ on the same mob. Other than that, this has become an obvious joke of a mechanic.

What the heck is this 'grace period' you mention?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Village mobs won't all let you influence them immediately after the village revolts. They'll say something like "We just declared independence! Give me a goddamn minute!"
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I can 100% attest to winning a village-feeling induced village in one sweep of the denizens in 10 minutes (actually less) without any Lirangsha mist. Celest beat you to the punch, sorry 'bout it.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Magnagora has never, to my knowledge,  won a village in a single sweep, even without opposition. It's very frustrating at times to see a village won, while still waiting for some mobs to even be influencable for the FIRST time. I don't know how it works, if we have just been really unlucky or what, but from where we're standing it generally sucks!

• I also remember when Hallifax (via @Morbo) won a village with Serenwilde's help with only ONE person influencing village feelings. Speed was of the essence. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lavinya said:

Magnagora has never, to my knowledge,  won a village in a single sweep, even without opposition. It's very frustrating at times to see a village won, while still waiting for some mobs to even be influencable for the FIRST time. I don't know how it works, if we have just been really unlucky or what, but from where we're standing it generally sucks!

If you don't use crusade, this is possible.  From past experience, Magnagorans tend to be really bad (in general) at using Crusade in revolts.  Every NPC influenced without Crusade slows you down by 50% (for that denizen)!

Village feelings will also help considerably; as I said above, if you're unopposed it takes less than a full sweep of the village even at neutral feelings.  This means that some of the villagers in that village may not have become influenceable for the first time either, just like the ones you're waiting for... and the better the feelings, the fewer villagers they need to wait to become open.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited February 2015
    Arcanis said:

I thought the entire bloody point of a grace period was to remove the idea of quick/instant revolt gains, and yet it seems Celest has for the past 3 revolts gained villages in no time flat as it seems they are winning it in one wave+, simply by use of a certain someone's multitude of Lirangsha mist artifact (resets influenced mobs to be influenced again). Either make the artifact not work on village mobs and accept all the decries about their purchases, since a 'pay to win' function for a game-wide event feature in a game designed around fair play was an extremely foolish idea, and frankly I thought Lusternia was better than that, or make it that using a mist puts all other mists on cooldown, thus making one able to only use 1 at a time and not 3+ on the same mob. Other than that, this has become an obvious joke of a mechanic.

Pretty sure @Talan caught every ghost in Paavik the first round. All of a sudden (About 5-10 minutes later), they were Mag-fluenced. Now, how did THAT bit happen? Was it someone in Magnagora using mist? Are we complaining that someone else's use of an artifact produced better results than your own now?

EDIT: Removing news post because huge message is huge.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Elanorwen said:

Arcanis said:

Pretty sure @Talan caught every ghost in Paavik the first round. All of a sudden (About 5-10 minutes later), they were Mag-fluenced. Now, how did THAT bit happen? Was it someone in Magnagora using mist? Are we complaining that someone else's use of an artifact produced better results than your own now?

If this is true, that sounds bug-worthy.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:

Elanorwen said:

Arcanis said:

Why? We got pretty much everything else in the round, too... and someone lost an influence battle against one of the named NPCs. The village most certainly wasn't unopposed.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:

Shaddus said:

Elanorwen said:

Arcanis said:

Why? We got pretty much everything else in the round, too... and someone lost an influence battle against one of the named NPCs. The village most certainly wasn't unopposed.
    Because regardless of whether you won or not, that sounds buggy. It may yet be just an unexplained thing, but it's worth looking into.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:

Elanorwen said:

Shaddus said:

Elanorwen said:

Arcanis said:

Because regardless of whether you won or not, that sounds buggy. It may yet be just an unexplained thing, but it's worth looking into.
    Or someone had a bagload of mist.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    And that's the end of Death for me. Good luck, kiddos.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • A moronic themed event to showcase yet another reason why people just dont bother to play anymore.
    Are we really complaining that people in the north are using a tactic that people in the south have used themselves? Come on, guys.
  • Shaddus said:

Are we really complaining that people in the north are using a tactic that people in the south have used themselves? Come on, guys.

That is because the moment we use any tactic that the other side uses it becomes 'overpowered' and stupid, and should not exist.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    First off - Sorry I wasn't around to help, I went to the Zoo with the family and we just got back now. I spent the majority of last weekend around for War so this weekend was commited to hanging with them, which is why I missed all but the last 20 mins of Life as well.

With that said @Arcanis - Dude - stop being such a sore loser. You got beat, use this for next year, formulate a plan, get better and compete.

Morkarion lost to Kelly in his first year of Death and spent the entire next year prepping for it to win it then.

I asked if people had plans, and the general response I got was 'well kind of.' Seals are serious business, if you can't be arsed to prep, then don't expect to win. 

The year I won Death, I had several areas to focus, other back up areas, and then even had backup backup areas. 

With War, we have had at least 3 different strategies to go for (this year was only two, didn't have swoop to fall back on)

When I got TA, I had plans A-E, and pretty much coordinated every detail of it. People throw a lot of blame on lag, but the planning and coordination just amplified the affects of the lag.  

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Arcanis said:

A moronic themed event to showcase yet another reason why people just dont bother to play anymore.

Sorry I killed you :(
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Getting really sick of hearing bitching on our alliance/whatever combat clan about skills being unbalanced, events being unfair, rules being moronic, or conversations on the forums being referred to (under the guise of being very vaguely IC). Say what you want in your own ooc clans, spare the rest of us.

• Arcanis said:

... or make it that using a mist puts all other mists on cooldown, thus making one able to only use 1 at a time and not 3+ on the same mob. Other than that, this has become an obvious joke of a mechanic.

Unless the leader is worth tons more, as in multiples of points more, it doesn't seem to me this will do much. All it means is people would split up where they use the mist. Let's say a leader is worth twice the points at 200 where other named are 100. With two jars you're talking a difference of 700 vs 600.
  • Neos said:

Because I forgot to when it happened:
    Me when Solstice Crates were taken away.

They weren't taken away. You snitched them away.
  • Synkarin said:

First off - Sorry I wasn't around to help, I went to the Zoo with the family and we just got back now. I spent the majority of last weekend around for War so this weekend was commited to hanging with them, which is why I missed all but the last 20 mins of Life as well.

With that said @Arcanis - Dude - stop being such a sore loser. You got beat, use this for next year, formulate a plan, get better and compete.

Morkarion lost to Kelly in his first year of Death and spent the entire next year prepping for it to win it then.

I asked if people had plans, and the general response I got was 'well kind of.' Seals are serious business, if you can't be arsed to prep, then don't expect to win. 

The year I won Death, I had several areas to focus, other back up areas, and then even had backup backup areas. 

With War, we have had at least 3 different strategies to go for (this year was only two, didn't have swoop to fall back on)

When I got TA, I had plans A-E, and pretty much coordinated every detail of it. People throw a lot of blame on lag, but the planning and coordination just amplified the affects of the lag.  
    Hard to plan when there's little commitment for help. So yes, kinda. As in it depended on if I was even going to get any support, or if some support how much, etc.

The north pulled together. The south seemed to say, lets just go for some credits. Could I have planned better, yeppers. But no planning works against an army. Could I have placed better. Sure, but once it was clear I wasn't going to win, better to spend that time planning.
  • Taevyn said:

Shaddus said:

That is because the moment we use any tactic that the other side uses it becomes 'overpowered' and stupid, and should not exist.

....Kettle, meet pot.
  • Arcanis said:

Taevyn said:

Shaddus said:

....Kettle, meet pot.
    The only thing Tae complains about is /o\ (but he -REALLY- likes to complain about it ;D)
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Can we stop this before it gets out of hand and Tweets has to be closed again?
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Bob, meet burger.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited February 2015
    Yarith said:

Arcanis said:

Taevyn said:

Shaddus said:

....Kettle, meet pot.
    The only thing Tae complains about is /o\ (but he -REALLY- likes to complain about it ;D)
    I actually care little for /o\(Destro) I really only care about /o\(Illuminati) But to be honest, I really don't care. >.>
    On a side note, did someone say Princess Farewell?
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

This discussion has been closed.