Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited February 2015
    Xenthos said:

Everiine said:

I take it Ascension is still going on?

All done.

EDIT: Nevermind!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Lavinya said:

We have no one to blame but Marcella for her very poor politics. There was no full council backing. It hadn't even been properly discussed. Ssaliss knew about it before most of the council. I call that bad politics.

So yes. We do get to lie in the bed made for us by our leader.

And two Gloms knew of it before I did. The first time I more or less ignored it as hearsay, but kinda had to act on the second.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    She ranted about declaring war against Glomdoring -before- Ascension during a domoth where a Glom was helping us during the domoth, and only waited because Shuyin and Synkarin told her to wait.

So yes, a city leader can be that stupid.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Lavinya said:

We have no one to blame but Marcella for her very poor politics. There was no full council backing. It hadn't even been properly discussed. Ssaliss knew about it before most of the council. I call that bad politics.

You guys voted for her.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    There is no you guys. There are those guys. @Silvanus has my life vote!

• I mean...you guys really should've seen this coming, straight from the get-go of the eaf incident.

• I did. Don't know why anyone else is surprised.
  • Heh. That'd be the ultimate slap in the face :D
  • Elanorwen said:

Lavinya said:

You guys voted for her.
    This is really something that can't be forgotten. You guys can't rag on Marcella if she was making bad decisions (which she has been, politically, since she got elected). You should've contested her well before Ascension, when the public crystal meadows posts happened. That's really all there is to it. Marcella is good at PK and RP -- not politics.

• Yeah, it was just a matter of time before Glomdoring bailed. All the conversations I saw were arguing the reasons why and not if they were going to or not. Blaming the situation on Marcella is would be like blaming Sarah Palin for wolrd war 3 for making faces at the Russians. 

Back to things that are awesome (me) You should see the power of the all mighty carillonknell! This little gem hit everyone in the room and killed two people.

I AM THE GREATEST BARD IN THE UNIVERSE!!!1!!1!1!

As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Xedrik nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Synkarin nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Esca nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Elodres nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Chakraja nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks her body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Kreon nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Ixchilgal nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Shuyin nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    Shuyin curls up and dies as the wracking cough rips his lungs to shreds.
    You have slain Shuyin.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Shuyin, he screams in agony as flames engulf his body and burn it to a crisp.
    Looking over his shoulder at Arimisia, Nalannur, Schnolf of the East shakes his head giving a deep rumbling purr. "You've been left behind yet again."
    Shuyin has left the area.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Taevyn nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Neos nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Arcanis nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Arimisia nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks her body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Malarious nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Marcella nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks her body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Romaan nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Barrin nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    Barrin curls up and dies as the wracking cough rips his lungs to shreds.
    You have slain Barrin.
    Barrin drops a kafe bean.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Barrin, he screams in agony as flames engulf his body and burn it to a crisp.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Tylash nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks her body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Tanin nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Aekatli nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks her body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Steingrim nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Akyaevin nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Azula nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks her body.
    As the carillon bells thunder in the air, Andala nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks her body.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yeah, I saw you kill Sojiro early on with that.  I did chuckle.
  • Yeah, the first skirmish where I was seeing all that happening...and this was after I'd dissed Necroscream on an OOC channel as UP.

<_<

I will say one thing.

Static field should only throw out the leader if it procs on him/her, not him and his whole entourage. I can totally admit that.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I suppose I should be blaming the people who put Marcella and her bad politics into power then, I suppose.

I don't like being told it's my fault when I stood against her the whole time, and on almost every point. Her campaign was built completely on made up stuff about d'Murani being nepotists and corrupt. Everyone ignored that she has always said her loyalty is to the ur'Guard not Mag and would leave us if the ur'Guard split, that she follows a foreign god, that she openly blasphemes against our city patron.

Honestly, I think she would have been contested by now except that she may still have enough support to win (the election was close last time too) and no one was ready to take the risk of embarassment just yet and losing.

Oocly I respect Marcella and how she holds tightly to her rp and isn't afraid to go with it. Doesn't mean I think the character is a good leader, or that I enjoy her rp opening the avenue for people to jump on the bandwagon and crap all over the rl years of work people like Silvanus and myself have poured into the game. It's pretty bitter making.

• So can we make it official that female TA's naming convention requires a -hi? since the male names seem to be -in except for one person who we should all SHUUUN! </forumrp>

Anyway, Congratulations, @Kaimanahi!
  • finally someone gets it
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    BTW,

We were pretty sure we wouldn't have Glom support before everything started, so all our planning (which was minimal) didn't count on them.

We also didn't really have a solid plan. We had a general idea, but no specifics, no penters to count on, just acting on our own pretty much, and this is the result. 

I also don't feel the need to be the braintrust for Ascension, thinking that the people who really want it should really take the lead on that. It's a bit offputting that a candidate doesn't bother to show up the week previously and then expect everyone to support him the day of (which also hurt us)

Pretty much, us losing is on us, no matter which way you shake it. Anything else if just deflecting the real reasons.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Well, not having Glom support is one thing, but having them actively work against you with things like Bonds is another; I I don't think anyone was expecting Glomdoring to participate for either side.

But here's to hoping for a better year -- for all of us. Good game and well played.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    If it makes you feel any better, we had planning issues too (or at least from my perspective, with work ever pressing and having total luck with actually getting this day off).
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I knew that certain people in Glomdoring were going to work against us, it's the same thing, it was planned for, I'm pretty sure them working against us didn't make that big of a difference in the long run either.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Vivet said:

If it makes you feel any better, we had planning issues too (or at least from my perspective, with work ever pressing and having total luck with actually getting this day off).

Hallifax had planning issues. Celest had some master plan they were following all along. I looked at the alliance sideways when they said they wanted to base in Aquarius, but since the node is at the centre of four exits, it actually makes a really potent melding spot. So I was kind of blown away.

• Synkarin said:

BTW,

We were pretty sure we wouldn't have Glom support before everything started, so all our planning (which was minimal) didn't count on them.

We also didn't really have a solid plan. We had a general idea, but no specifics, no penters to count on, just acting on our own pretty much, and this is the result. 

I also don't feel the need to be the braintrust for Ascension, thinking that the people who really want it should really take the lead on that. It's a bit offputting that a candidate doesn't bother to show up the week previously and then expect everyone to support him the day of (which also hurt us)

Pretty much, us losing is on us, no matter which way you shake it. Anything else if just deflecting the real reasons.
    While I completely agree, a little help from politics also helps to boost the number of resources and people available. Ascension is also a political thing since the raised Ascendant also stands with an organization and helps it to strive after the event.
  • For some reason I'm really happy I decided to watch a movie with my mum instead of bother with ascension. I did say it was going to be full of stress and drama and I just couldn't be bothered to get involved in it.

Was North by Northwest is anyone is interested. Love Hitchcock.

What were the other people who weren't there doing I wonder?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ventidius said:

For some reason I'm really happy I decided to watch a movie with my mum instead of bother with ascension. I did say it was going to be full of stress and drama and I just couldn't be bothered to get involved in it.

Was North by Northwest is anyone is interested. Love Hitchcock.

What were the other people who weren't there doing I wonder?
    I was at work, logged in from a client and watching deathsight in bright red.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.