Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I heard precious little about who was actually actually actively competing, I admit. I didn't think I'd make it for any of it (seriously, it started at 5am on a Sunday) but all I knew was Malarious was going for it, if there was any serious planning it didn't happen anywhere I could see it. I didn't go ask since I thought I wouldn't make it, but yeah. We could have done better in that regard.

• Lavinya said:

I heard precious little about who was actually actually actively competing, I admit. I didn't think I'd make it for any of it (seriously, it started at 5am on a Sunday) but all I knew was Malarious was going for it, if there was any serious planning it didn't happen anywhere I could see it. I didn't go ask since I thought I wouldn't make it, but yeah. We could have done better in that regard.

I just moved into my on campus university accommodation yesterday and was so scared of waking everyone up with my tapping and stuuff. I also had to run away half way through (not that I was doing anything to directly or indirectly help. I was kinda just up there giving kills to kethbits -- but I loved it.)
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It was the first time I've made it for Ascension, even if it was just the last little bit. I was still so bleary eyed and uncaffeinated I don't know if I did anything of benefit at -all-, but it was nice to get up there at least!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Everiine said:

It's such a kick in the teeth to look over the log of an RP encounter, and immediately find all of the typos I made trying to type quickly :( .

But They make mistakes too. It's all good. :)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yep, had one of those earlier tonight :)

Smiling wryly, Someone Powerful says, "blah blah blah" (I can't remember what it was).

Thank your for reminding me of that, now I don't feel so bad :) .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:

It's such a kick in the teeth to look over the log of an RP encounter, and immediately find all of the typos I made trying to type quickly :( .

I look through logs (and forum posts) specifically to find those. I find it easier not to make mistakes if I look through past ones.

• So can we make it official that female TA's naming convention requires a -hi? since the male names seem to be -in except for one person who we should all SHUUUN! </forumrp>

Anyway, Congratulations, @Kaimanahi!
    The -hi is more of a merian thing though.
    Cay of Cloadahi...Sonahi Ladyn...   and

namegen merian female:

Some possible female merian names:
     1. Tadash        11. Tinish        21. Agatitish     31. Thoalush
     2. Ladath        12. Glioash       22. Ylsiituth     32. Phleuth
     3. Selotthi      13. Lorath        23. Gelahi        33. Yodush
     4. Vilosh        14. Yimahi        24. Ulilunath     34. Yorotthi
     5. Clo           15. Thiynynth     25. Alyoth        35. Volodynth
     6. Gathenthynth  16. Eluish        26. Volush        36. Phylotush
     7. Lunoth        17. Phloooth      27. Turash        37. Nuradthys
     8. Totunethys    18. Yadthi        28. Valynush      38. Yorynth
     9. Tonahi        19. Aleadush      29. Aleolthi      39. Polosh
    10. Plynush       20. Tintho        30. Valitosh      40. Aletalosh
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm enjoying being evil faaaar too much.

But...what if a Ninjakari never logs on to induct me? :(

• edited February 2015
    I find it hilarious people are boasting of the Glom betrayal as an epic game turner...when it was basically Xenthos who, as I had told Crux before Ascension, would turncloak and then yank the ears of every Glom (the 2 that would wake up in that active community) to come and help to show Crux the 'grave' mistake of turning Glom away *sagenod*.

Edit: Also seriously..people need to stop referring to Glom as a force. It's dead. There are only 5 active orgs in the game now.
  • Arcanis said:

I find it hilarious people are boasting of the Glom betrayal as an epic game turner...when it was basically Xenthos who, as I had told Crux before Ascension, would turncloak and then yank the ears of every Glom (the 2 that would wake up in that active community) to come and help to show Crux the 'grave' mistake of turning Glom away *sagenod*.

Edit: Also seriously..people need to stop referring to Glom as a force. It's dead. There are only 5 active orgs in the game now.

I just wish people would stop blaming Magnagora for causing this 'betrayal', as if everyone didn't already know Glomdoring had been planning alliances with the North since the eaf'eramich incident. Yeah, totally our fault they couldn't wait to drum up allies in Serenwilde, Celest and Hallifax.

If anything, we should feel betrayed.
  • Qistrel said:

Sorry @Qistrel, RL has been a bit of a pain in the rear end for me, I'm in danger of losing my job to redundancy, so I've been desperately trying to find another job just in case it DOES happen, that being said, I'm trying to log in when I get the opportunity.  Feel free to fire me a message if you happen to see me awake.  Failing that, @Haidee is Head-Secretary-in-Training for the Ninjakari, so feel free to contact her, @Syrennia or @Nayl as well.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Xenthos said:

Nah.  That's called "bad politicking" on Magnagora's part.  You (plural) had it within your power to make it go a very different way, and chose (repeatedly) to further alienate an organization.

If you keep poking and prodding something, eventually it will bite back.  That doesn't mean you're justified in "feeling betrayed".  It just means you made bad choices.

Riiiiight, because Glom had obviously wanted to be allies with Magnagora. Not that everytime the idea of a treaty was suggested, yourself and others would raise all hell and drama, refusing such a standing. I believe Astraea may have had a few nose-bleeds during. We rather enjoy the brand on maeve, gives her a little touch of interesting.
  • Xenthos said:

Arcanis said:

Xenthos said:

Nah.  That's called "bad politicking" on Magnagora's part.  You (plural) had it within your power to make it go a very different way, and chose (repeatedly) to further alienate an organization.

If you keep poking and prodding something, eventually it will bite back.  That doesn't mean you're justified in "feeling betrayed".  It just means you made bad choices.

Riiiiight, because Glom had obviously wanted to be allies with Magnagora. Not that everytime the idea of a treaty was suggested, yourself and others would raise all hell and drama, refusing such a standing. I believe Astraea may have had a few nose-bleeds during. We rather enjoy the brand on maeve, gives her a little touch of interesting.
    That would be a prime example of "bad politicking" on Magnagora's part, yes.  Thank you. :)
    its not bad politics after you are told for so long no, you have to do this before we "might" even consider a real alliance with you all (no guarantee mind you), before you just don't care anymore you leave things as they are. Our relations with Glom were never overly good in my eyes, we worked together against a common enemy, otherwise we were not friends. We were not allowed in your territories, you killed our citizens. We allowed yours within our territory unless otherwise asked to leave. (kinds reminds me of the actual alliance we had with Seren actually except with was just undead and not just blanket Mag). There was always that undertone going on as well, I was actually working at one point to see what I could do about that whole Maeve thing, but Glom and all their little snide remarks about Mag gave me no reason to even want to help them so I quit. (this was around December of the last ascension)
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    See that a new novice is in Sentinels, and guild is horribly undermanned.

Send them weapons, they wield them and log out.

:(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Qistrel said:

My only ninja is like a gr2, sorry :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Qistrel said:

My only ninja is like a gr2, sorry :(
    Mines 19? :D
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Qistrel said:

If you have shofangi skills still you can come hang out with me in Gaudiguch or if you heave the stealth skills you can hang out with me in Hallifax!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Where are all the Ascension logs? I have text log, but am slowly trying to compile color log.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Arimisia said:

Xenthos said:

Arcanis said:

Xenthos said:

That would be a prime example of "bad politicking" on Magnagora's part, yes.  Thank you. :)
    its not bad politics after you are told for so long no, you have to do this before we "might" even consider a real alliance with you all (no guarantee mind you), before you just don't care anymore you leave things as they are. Our relations with Glom were never overly good in my eyes, we worked together against a common enemy, otherwise we were not friends. We were not allowed in your territories, you killed our citizens. We allowed yours within our territory unless otherwise asked to leave. (kinds reminds me of the actual alliance we had with Seren actually except with was just undead and not just blanket Mag). There was always that undertone going on as well, I was actually working at one point to see what I could do about that whole Maeve thing, but Glom and all their little snide remarks about Mag gave me no reason to even want to help them so I quit. (this was around December of the last ascension)
    Your relations with Glomdoring were never very good, because Magnagora had no interest in actually addressing the major issue between the two organizations.  Every time we asked about the brand, "It's not possible".  Multiple complaints were posted by Magnagorans on the forums saying "The admin say it's not possible, we can't do it, it's not worth even trying!"  We never made a secret of what the problem was that was causing discord.

History time: For a couple of years, Raziela had a "brand" on her arm.  Celest, Glomdoring, and Serenwilde were told by the administration, on an IC level (Maeve, Supernals, etc.) that it was not possible to remove it.  The difference here is this:
    Celest never threw their hands up in the air on an in-character level, said "We don't care," and ignored it.  They kept working on it, roleplaying for it, and eventually they got the change they were looking for.

Magnagora had the same opportunity if they had wanted it.  However, on an in-character level, they heard that it "was not possible" and said, "Oh, okay then, we just won't bother".  Past precedent, however, indicates that consistent and concerted roleplay can indeed change the world (Glomdoring opening when it did, Raziela's bracelet, and so on and so forth).

From an in-character point of view, it was very obvious that Magnagora's residents just had no interest.  From an out-of-character point, everything we heard is "the admin told us it's not possible so we can't be bothered to try" (which, to me, is a form of metagaming-- your characters don't know anything about an 'administration' and, if they truly wanted something, would continue researching / investigating / trying to figure out how to do it despite a few setbacks).

Glomdoring responded to the in-character lack-of-action.  All it would've taken was an interest (note: the interest had to be expressed to us, we can't be expected to know things when we're not told!), and things would have thawed in that respect.

PS: Note that, during this period, we actually discussed this with multiple Magnagorans on an OOC level who accused us of being "unreasonable."  Our characters would have accepted a show of good faith and continued effort, and we'd have happily worked along with that.  Alas, it never actually went anywhere in-game.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    There's a very real reason why I made a small attempt at it.

If you can't get over historical grievances, which, both organizations have many on both sides (like the fact that Morkarion and Malarious helped kill the demon lords and take down the shield). The list could go on, both organizations have harmed each other. The only way to form a proper alliance is to accept that those are in the past and move forward with it. Glomdoring has always presented itself as still bitter over something that most people in this game were not even around for.

If you can't make the concession to move on from those, and ignore the injustices your own organization has committed, then why would Magnagora bother to treat with you?

Glomdoring was never interested in meeting in the middle and only presented demands.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited February 2015
    @Xenthos the fact that you have always been lording over the whole maeve brand and -refuse- to make an alliance unless it is removed, is partly what brought your organization to the sad ending it is at. Your refusal of any compromise and assumption that you held the cards...when your org already had -nothing- to offer. Perhaps go and try and convince Celest of removing said brand, if I recall correctly, they had a hand in its making. Go and claim you refuse to make an alliance until it is removed. I am sure this will help your dead org's cause.

Otherwise, the brand is staying, and we shall eat popcorn as we watch maeve squirm. peace
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Unlike the historical grievances you mention, this one is actually very much still present today.  You can go look at Maeve, and there's the brand.  Stand next to her, and she has multiple emotes referencing it (all indicating that it pains her / weakens her / etc).

It's still very much a current event, for the Glomdoring.
This discussion has been closed.