Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Also, "cutting trees that would equal costs for an Ascendant"? Chopping down elders doesn't actually cost Glomdoring nexus power. Each stage of tree from sapling to elder/totem still actually generates power, last time I checked. If anything, chopping down trees actually improves Glomdoring's power generation, because on top of trees generating power, it also motivates Glomdoring's members to do the active power quest (crow shadows).

So, um, thanks, Arcanis?

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Hmm, all fishers in the 'vault are not aggo. Don't know if bug, or random bard calmed tham all down... :?

• I never get to plant any nuts anywhere. I wish when totems faded out, the tree they were carved on fell over or something instead of just turning back into an elder so that new ones could be planted. lol
  • Renna said:

I never get to plant any nuts anywhere. I wish when totems faded out, the tree they were carved on fell over or something instead of just turning back into an elder so that new ones could be planted. lol

No pls. No. ;~;

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Arcanis said:

Ssaliss said:

Yeah... To put things in perspective, @Arcanis: It takes you what? A minute or two to run through Glom and cut down a couple of trees? Even if there are defenders you can just run from them and chop trees while they're looking, unable to do anything, really. We then have to gather 50 shadows for every tree cut, and keep the saplings/etc. safe for three new moons. Sure, I can get doing that a couple of times as a political standpoint. However, doing it daily for... what? A month or so? I honestly didn't keep track of how long you did it, but it was, IMHO, far longer than just making a political standpoint.

Also, regarding the fires: It takes you ten power and half a minute to start a fire. Unless we catch it immediately (which rarely happens), we then have to get three or four people to work on it for upwards of half an hour to outpace the fire spreading. Frankly, that's (at least to me) the very definition of griefing. Again, yeah, I get the "political standpoint" bit, but... frankly, there is a point when it stops being that and starts to look more like an attempt to annoy the people playing in Glom.

What annoyed me is that I wasnt even contacted about it. You had someone coming in, chopping trees, and setting the forest on fire and didnt think to check with them why they're acting so aggressively? Im sad to say that I only had 2 individuals from Glom contact me about the attacks, one was a novice that actually admitted I had a point after I explained why im doing what im doing, and the other was Celina saying "imma kill you dead". I then later hear you went straight to Silvanus asking him to remove me from Mag...which frankly isnt practical as Mag would never harm one of its own citizens for another nation (unless said citizen was breaking rules).

Edit: Edited for grammarz
    ACTUALLY, I only told you I was going to kill you after you 1) were unable to provide some semblance of an explanation and 2) refused to stop. I believe my response was along the lines of you have no reason, and that chopping trees was simply an act of a desperate man trying to make a point because they were unable to do anything of substance. 

That's right, fibby mcfibber, I of all people came to you to find out why you were doing it and ask you to stop. That's how much your month long tantrum was getting to some of Glom. Not the characters, the people behind them that had to spend hours and hours cleaning up your mess instead of doing literally anything else they would rather do. I was able to remove myself from that mess and focus on PKing (including stomping your mouthy self into a toad pie), but you were tying up inordinate amounts of other peoples' time without reason, and to claim that you had a reason, and that people didn't ask you about that reason just makes you liar. 

If you have to lie about it, then everyone pretty much knows you were being nothing but petty. Sucking at everything else is not an excuse to be petty.
  • edited April 2015
    Arcanis said:

Syrennia said:

I don't think you people realise who you're trying to reason with.

And frankly @Syrennia, you really dont have much room to talk here.
    Neither of the things mentioned, you have -any- idea whatsoever about. You were too busy having a gigantic bitchfit to even bother figuring out why I did either of those things (which had IC reasons, by the way, something you'd know if you stopped being a moron for five seconds. The Ninjakari thing was agreed upon by all three of the leaders. At the time, one of the leaders was even De'Unnero, so that goes to show what you really know.) - As for my Glom char, if you assumed less and bothered to talk to the person you're married to, you'd realise that she already had an extensive talk with Tanin about leaving the family, prior to even bringing up that point about your blatant idiocy.

GG. Maybe some day you'll stop assuming things, and instead bother to find out about them, before being all high and mighty.

@Tylwyth - Yes, it was a joke.
    @Tremula - Was a fun talk, shame it ended so abruptly for some reason.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Renna said:

I never get to plant any nuts anywhere. I wish when totems faded out, the tree they were carved on fell over or something instead of just turning back into an elder so that new ones could be planted. lol

That is when you go, check decay timer on totems and calculate when a totem is about to expire, then carve it. It's really not as exciting as it sounds. There was a point in time when I was doing most of the totemcarving in Glomdoring back in my day... and well, it was rather frustrating in the long run. To have trees fall over when totemic carvings expire means to have to replant (5 nuts) per room every 290 IG days. That would drive people quite insane and at some point they'll just stop bothering... not the least of reasons being that it'll be impossible to keep up. While I no longer am part of a commune, let's just go with no to your suggestion.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I like to think that the priests of New Celest are like Pastor Richards from GTA: Vice City. Is it just me?
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Can someone please stage a Lusternian version of Hetalia?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2015
    Celina said:

. I think the only definitive thing in politics right now is that Seren and Glom will table any other relationships in order to kill eachother.

Except that this is only true for a small handful of Serenwilders, who not everyone else in Serenwilde is particularly happy for, as the complicated politics is basically all due to them :C
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Enyalida said:

Celina said:

. I think the only definitive thing in politics right now is that Seren and Glom will table any other relationships in order to kill eachother.

Except that this is only true for a small handful of Serenwilders, who not everyone else in Serenwilde is particularly happy for, as the complicated politics is basically all due to them :C
    For instance, Llewell would ally with Glom to attack Gaudi or another city. Seren is full of people who are just pro-forest.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Enyalida said:

Celina said:

For instance, Llewell would ally with Glom to attack Gaudi or another city. Seren is full of people who are just pro-forest.
    I'm kinda sad our treaty with Seren fell through :( Would've opened up a whole host of possibilities for both of us.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yeah like officially teaming gaudi and mag with overlord Celest.

Oh wait.
  • Nah, I don't care much about who fights who, really. It'd be more along the lines of furthering Nature RPs; doing stuff along with the Maeve, the Tree of Trees etc.
    Forest alliances are always doomed. Any event that requires nature vs city is going to end poorly for that alliance. 
  • Celina said:

I think the only definitive thing in politics right now is that Seren and Glom will table any other relationships in order to kill eachother.
    TITCR
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I think the current political turmoil is actually fascinating. We haven't had political problems like this in a long time, as there had always been static 3v3 alliances with clear cut lines. Yeah, it's a pain in the butt, but it's a fun pain in the butt.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Who's ready to get our hai'Gloh Zemordia on!? ....anybody? *crickets*
  • Celina said:

Forest alliances are always doomed. Any event that requires nature vs city is going to end poorly for that alliance. 

It woundn't have to be a complete alliance, more of a treaty along the lines of "Yeah, we'll work together for now... (that way we can keep a closer eye on you)". Basically, it'd be good as long as it lasted, but there'd be no question it'd end sooner rather than later.
    edited April 2015
    It is fun...unless you're a combatant and get stuck with enemy statuses you didn't want. Like Mag trying to take your domoth so you gank a mag then the Gaudi enemies you because they were there when you attacked their ally.

This is all very Avril Lavign Complicated circa 2002. 

edit: Which reminds me. Are you supposed to be able to flex to a guild outside of your organization? For some reason I thought it was in our org only...for painfully obvious RP reasons. 
  • No, its always been allowed. I've had a number of requests to flex into Nekotai, but they're basically fruitless because Glom will never allow it (let alone the fact that all of the Nekotai leadership is against anyone flexing)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Whereas the Tahtetso are like, "Sure, whatevs."

Still a little grouchy that I had to spend lessons classflexing just to pick up Tattoos. :-w
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Celina said:

It is fun...unless you're a combatant and get stuck with enemy statuses you didn't want. Like Mag trying to take your domoth so you gank a mag then the Gaudi enemies you because they were there when you attacked their ally.

edit: Which reminds me. Are you supposed to be able to flex to a guild outside of your organization? For some reason I thought it was in our org only...for painfully obvious RP reasons. 
    I wannna say @Daraiusis and has been classflexed into the tahtetso for along time, as a "hallimonk" though RP wise he considers himself a Tosha monk I think?
    Which is in fact how all the halli-monk and gaudi-monk s can exist.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Celina said:

No, because Aerys was an Institute class flexed into Shofangi for a long while.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Ugh, really? That's awful. Bad direction for the game. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't think it's necessarily a bad direction, especially because Guild leaders have control over who has perms and not, and perms can be withdrawn instantly. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
This discussion has been closed.