Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I've always thought I've been fairly open about any decision I've made.

It is not on me or the Council to explain decisions, it's on you to ask questions. I've noted I'll be stepping down a couple weeks ago and the only questions asked so far are who I want to replace me.

If you don't care enough to learn, why should I teach the uninterested?

Apathy and the feeling of hopelessness are the only things holding back Magnagora.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited June 2015

Marindir said:
    I didn't 100% agree with the raisings. But it wasn't like it was out of left field. I knew about it for RL months before it happened. And while I didn't agree with them, and am still yet to be convinced about the suitability of at least one of the new vernals, I think it says positive things about Magnagora finally getting its head out of its own ass and recognising the value of people other than uberleet pkers. The only thing I half agree with is that the Council should stop being so secretive. Just... post things. Keep people up to date. It's courteous and I think if you're really wanting to change Magnagora you need to break out of the stupid stereotype of hiding everything all the time.
    From an outsider looking in, ICly and OOCly, they don't seem like the most strategic raisings. But the two raised definitely earned it. Magnagora is also free to spend its power how it likes.

I lol'd at Arcanis telling someone to get over themselves.

EDIT: If you didn't want those people raised, Arcanis, you should've been on the Iron Council. Or maybe be a little less of a pariah. If you think they're corrupt, stop trying to change them and move on.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    The funny thing is, out of @Arcanis and @Lavinya, one of them can kill me in a 1v1 and the other can't. And the one who can't isn't the one who's rusty, even before I got LOLoralaria. Just saying.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ino said:

Is there a better place I should ask a technical question about something like Mudlet where I know it will get answered?

Not in tweets :D

Try the mechanics corner
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Graduation has wore off, I think I'm back in business now. You can now begin your groaning that I'm back.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • edited June 2015
    Shaddus said:
    Is there a better place I should ask a technical question about something like Mudlet where I know it will get answered?
    Not in tweets :D Try the mechanics corner
    There is actually a good thread ardmore link to upthread...
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• If you think Ena would ever kill a fae. You have brain damage. That is all. 
  • Someone teach me how to mage please. Thank you.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Silea said:
    Someone teach me how to mage please. Thank you.
    MSG VIYNAIN Hi, tips plz. How2Mage.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Silea said:
    Evoke whisper @target
    Weave terrain after realitycheck
    Weave Phantoms @target tumbling away
    Staffcast when people are hindered nice and good

And that's how you Mage when not the meld holder.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You got whisper and phantoms backwards?
  • HOW TO FIGHT: 1. Point web at &tar 2. Spam step one Oh...alright. I'm just sitting on a ton of credits and lessons I want to spend. I want to be scary like the big kids.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
    Enyalida said:
    You got whisper and phantoms backwards?
    If they are already tumbling, it'll still go through. Phantoms at least procs a chance for them to get hindered again.
    Silea said:
    HOW TO FIGHT: 1. Point web at &tar 2. Spam step one Oh...alright. I'm just sitting on a ton of credits and lessons I want to spend. I want to be scary like the big kids.
    Really, just focus on keeping your meld alive. Spam (demesne status?) and remember how many rooms you have. Cast stalker on any Mage that enters your meld. Keeping your meld alive is the most important thing.

Being big and scary just means you are good at locking people down and doing more damage than they can keep up with, which is pretty commonly possible with most Mage specs.
  • Buy Greater Demesne Rune if not has. Time meld effects for big pow. TK > everything. Protection scroll > you. Lust > you. Plan accordingly.

• edited June 2015
    Pectus said:

Arix said:
    what was the name of that guy who got kicked out of Seren for creeping on novices and then threatening them to keep them quiet?
    Feyr?
    no no, was someone else. They immediately moved to Celest and became bros with Liwase. I think their name started with C or D
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I always thought it was the role of the guild representative sitting on council to report back to the guild about everything they need to know. If your guild rep is making decisions supposedly on behalf of the guild and not even letting the guild know what they are, point fingers at them. Hell, remove them.

When the council were deliberating the VA candidates, guess what I did? I spoke to the members of my guild and ensured that at least the majority were happy with whom I was intending to support. And yes, I told them they were allowed to disapprove of my own raising.

If GMs aren't doing that, blame them. They represent you, so you should know a) what they are doing on your behalf and b) have room to share your opinion on it.

• If Arcanis was a member of Magnagora went the vote went through to raise Arimisia and Lavinya, he would have been a Geomancer at the time. Though considering the final decision was made several months ago, he might still have been in Glomdoring?

• Silea said:

Rule #1: A meld cannot be made or broken such that it would exist in two distinct parts.

There are several important follow-ons from this, things like "a meld that's a perfect ring can be broken at any point along its length, but if you take one room out it can only be broken at the edges" and "to break the center room of a star-shaped meld you must first break all but one arm" and things like that, but that's the important one.

Now have fun learning how all the domoth aetherspheres (and some of the villages) are set up so you can instinctively guess meld setups.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I can vouch for the fact that Ellowyn is a disobedient little brat daughter.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Hrm? Did someone say bacon?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited June 2015
    The difference between 22 and 25 charisma is huge. I am an ugly peasant and it is making me super sad.

Disclaimer: This lament is not intended to be used as justification for any nerfing/buffing. I'm not talking about the effects of influence/charisma on village mobs.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • I notice a difference between 23 and 22 (I mean it's not huge, occasionally I have to do one more influence in Lirangsha) ... I could only imagine 25. I'm drooling.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I am so antsy about joining a new guild. I've been an SD for over 150 IG years!
  • You could always stay SD and just classflex.
  • Omg 14 charisma. This is bad D:
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Silea said:
    Omg 14 charisma. This is bad D:
    Huh/
    How'd you do that?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

This discussion has been closed.