Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Celina said:
    They really aren't the horrible cripples you make them out to be. They do just fine in groups.Even the woods are great in groups. I didn't even realize it until I was fighting Allehnon, his stun spam plus the room delay plus the broken limbs and passive effects were brutal. Turns out they aren't all "woe is me."  

My wish is that, one day, sub par combatants will stop polluting the air with bad info and scaring people away from things. They only suck 1v1.
    Yeah, 1v1 -woode is bad
  • If you are an unranked faeling, with nothing but influence skills, in Tosha. Don't pull the novice card when I shatter you.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    For some reason, in Mag, near everyone is -chem.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Qistrel said:
    For some reason, in Mag, near everyone is -chem.
    Really hard hitting 100% excoro attack.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Everyone likes the steampunk vibe Geochems got.

But yes,I agree - group wise, -chemwoods can supplement a kill easy, but then again anyone can also do so with the right knowhow. This, however, assumes the group already has a melder. Without a melder, groups can have as many chems as they want, but one good wipe and they're gonna be hard pressed to maintain any advantage without area control. But, alas, this is a conversation already hashed out over Envoys and something I'm still working on!

Solo is a painful reality on top of the above. Stupid delayed, health-based kills. *grump*
  • It doesn't help that their abilities are reactive on a small chance instead of proactive, making it hard to synergise your other skills with your -woode/chem abilities. At least in my experience it was that way.

I could be a hinder whore, as Celina can attest to, but 1v1 I had no real ability to do other than hope my passives hit her and I am on balance at the right time to take advantage of it. 

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
     Wildewoods (more so than Wyrdenwoods) are very very good at one particular hindering combo, completely by (my) design. Against targets who do not have any dodging, passive curing, or writhe mitigation (contort etc.), a Wildewood can force a tumble to escape the room or make active attacks. But that's it. It's a more annoying but less effective pfifth that helps out in niche situations.

Chems work differently than -woods, for a variety of reasons. Hopefully a combination of changes coming through the pipe will fix that!
  • The best part of being a Wildewood is the RP, currently. If I could classflex I would be a Wood Spiritsinger just because I enjoyed being a Wood for RP.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Allehnon said:

The best part of being a Wildewood is the RP, currently. If I could classflex I would be a Wood Spiritsinger just because I enjoyed being a Wood for RP.

Can't be Wildewood while having any skillset other than Wildewood.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Allehnon said:

The best part of being a Wildewood is the RP, currently. If I could classflex I would be a Wood Spiritsinger just because I enjoyed being a Wood for RP.

Can't be Wildewood while having any skillset other than Wildewood.
    I am aware of that :)
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Escape prevention and lock down are not "niche." They are fundamental. 
  • Silvanus said:
    I love when my main goal in a game is to make other people's lives miserable.

@Estarra. So. Here is your chance to do something about that toxic environment you spoke so much of.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Tridemon said:

Oh, the point isn't to stop you from winning the sea battle, not really... the point is to make you work for it. And to be really quite annoying. Turtles winning the battle would only be a bonus, honestly.

It's called tongue in cheek Enadonella.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I'm not referring to the sea battle. You know damn well what you are doing.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's not like Unzareh lied.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I like when IC battles are taken OOC over the forums like I have some hidden agenda.

I am reacting to the situation like a proper city leader when faced with possible treasonous activity.

Don't act like a victim.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Not one person has bothered to approach me about anything. Has it occurred to you that maybe I am playing Lis?
  • Now now.. Let's just settle down, jeez
    I've known about it for 12 hours and have done zero acting on it, still gathering information.

And you are already bitching and whining and trying to MSG me Oocly.

I would've snubbed you by now if you weren't a city/guild mate.
  • Silvanus you sent tells to someone explicitly stating you were ousting me. And one msg is hardly bitching. It was a question. All it needed was a yes or no.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Discerning the desires of a lucidian crystal tender, you press him to acknowledge that only in Hallifax will he find accord with his many needs. 
    A lucidian crystal tender slaps his knee and declares that, by the gods, the Village of Talthos should follow the Grand Dominion of Hallifax after all! 
    Shouts rise up from the Village of Talthos, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Dominion of Hallifax. 
    You gain some inspiration!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I take a day off and the dramalamma shows up without me.. Yall are no fun sometimes.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Let's just keep this in-game, shall we? Thanks.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I need to hear the drama. Spill it onto the forums!
  • Yes, I really want to hear about the potential treason. Treason is so rare, after all!
  • Kalliste said:
    Unzareh said:

Elanorwen said:
    Unzareh said:
    I am hoping that Celest fails right now. So that it can be said, that even 3-on-1, they weren't able to be victorious.
    You sure aren't winning any points with the tells you're sending out to certain people either. I probably would've stopped bothering much sooner than I did if it weren't for that.
    I'm about to go to work, but I honestly don't recall much of the tells other than me verbosely and angrily asking 'Whyyyyyyyy?!' I think I sent one to Elanorwen, and had a three-tell convo with Enyalida, questioning her use of terminology. I didn't bother with the Celestians, cause they are just doing their job. 

Four tells total to two people. 

Your vague hyperbole has not gone unnoticed, untalkative vixen.
    Maybe she's referring to this:
    Unzareh: "Can you tell Elanorwen to go the hell away? Seriously, just f-off. Let the Celestians deal with it. It doesn't help that my goddamn city-mates won't give me a gem so I can attempt to do what they want without losing so much experience. And I have no idea what you're talking about Tremula. All I know is that Elanorwen is the most annoying person I've ever known without even talking to her."
    Oh snap, my angst I sent to my OOC clan was sent to a tell. I didn't mean that for that to happen. I'm allowed to vent about dying on my OOC clan :(
  • Qistrel said:
    I gave her a gem. :(
    After a while I got a gem, but that was pre-gem! I am thankful you sent the gem, eventually. I think that helped stopped at least half the deaths I could have gotten.
This discussion has been closed.