Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Because...I was trying to point out that I enjoyed the sea battle yesterday. That Celest fighting us in the seas is not really something that we should complain about. Because...we should be fighting each other over the sea battle. It was the most fun I've had all week, even though I made silly mistakes that allowed you guys to take out the Emperor. But everyone decided to jump on 'we hate veil' and ignore that part.

No good deed goes unpunished?

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Veil wasn't a significant part of what happened in general, at least from my perspective. I generally had fun, though I was puzzled by people continually suicide running into a giant squad of people waiting to kill them. Got to poke fun at Magnagorans, etc.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure we were fighting a month too early. But, I was having fun, and everyone else seemed so keen I didn't point this out. >.>

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Does zap work on veiled targets? (also was really fun, need many more of this)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited June 2015
    The only thing I have found to penetrate Veil is Seek. (Thanks, Chaos event 2k15)
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tremula said:

Does zap work on veiled targets? (also was really fun, need many more of this)

Yes. Only things that are used to detect people don't work, like scry/window/ dingbat maps/scent.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited June 2015
    That little scuffle in Shallach was probably the first bit of pvp I've ever enjoyed. ~O)
  • ZERG OMG ZERG /CRYTOSLEEP
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Question, does m&m live up to the hype?
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    If you're willing to fiddle with prios and customize it, then yes, it most certainly does.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • kay, just hoping Mudlet doesn't crash when I look at it funny. :\
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    The default prios will definitely get you killed, but otherwise it runs without a hitch 99% of the time. Best system I've ever used by far, and I've used uh....5?
  • edited June 2015
    I've heard you also get a lot more out of the system if it's built for a Glom guild, so consider switching today!

Edit: Others claim this isn't the case. I honestly don't know (as I specified in my original post, it's just something I heard). See below.

Kalliste said:
    I've heard you also get a lot more out of the system if it's built for a Glom guild, so consider switching today!
    Yeah, I hear Vadi can send you a tell and shut your whole system down.

Oh, wait. No, that was a Celestian.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ...is that legit?
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
    Well, Amaru isn't with us anymore, but yeah. He used to sell a system, but he could shut it down via a tell.
  • I wonder how long it will take to break m&m >_>
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    In my experience, getting it all configured can be a pain, and sometimes it does things unexpectedly... and I couldn't figure out how to get its built-in defup option to work efficiently with psi channels so I stuck with my own script.

But these are not problems anyone with the marginal understanding of Lua wouldn't be able to address, I think.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    re:Glom and m&m

Pretty sure Kelly uses m&m and it works pretty well for her, I know quite a few Gaudi's that do well with it too.

Most issues people have with it tend to be user-related and not system-related.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • To second Synkarin's statement, most people in Celest use it. I've personally found Vadi to be exceedingly patient in helping people who have no clue what they're doing (like me) try to work out problems. I'm not sure what the overhaul holds in store for the general usefulness of extensive curing systems like this, though.

And yes, I have heard that Glom gets a specific m&m build that includes a lot more options, but I don't know that to be a fact.
    edited June 2015
    Having at least four characters who have purchased M&M while living in Glom, I haven't ever received this upgrade package. I feel cheated.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited June 2015
    Ah man you're not supposed to talk about the secret perfect curing mode for those who pay 2k credits or belong to vadis org. Next you'll mention the KILL (target) addon that murders for you and autoreplies with sass on whiny tweets. $24.99 USD.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Kalliste said:
    To second Synkarin's statement, most people in Celest use it. I've personally found Vadi to be exceedingly patient in helping people who have no clue what they're doing (like me) try to work out problems. I'm not sure what the overhaul holds in store for the general usefulness of extensive curing systems like this, though.

And yes, I have heard that Glom gets a specific m&m build that includes a lot more options, but I don't know that to be a fact.
    There isn't a special Glom-only M&M version, though you might be able to find ideas for how to configure it easier in both Glom and Gaudi.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I...what...

Well played Madame.
  • @Kalliste has her fight face on all over the place today.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Shackle burn

Need liniment
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Actually wouldn't it be trueheal if anything.
    No, that's what Talkan's system required.
This discussion has been closed.