No-Stat Race System

Comments

• I agree with Viynain and Synkarin and all:

Con: +health
    Int: +mana
    Cha: +ego
    dex: +resists
    str: +buff

Eq/bal speed should be very very limited to specialized skills (quickening), or to only effect certain things (auric improvement etch for example).
  • Qistrel said:

The race overhaul was supposed to do the opposite of making me feel like my race is a bad choice. I now want to reincarnate into viscanti.

EDIT: I see stacks of people excited that they can sell their hats and be the race they rp as...and I am about to ask for a fink race hat...sigh.
    People may think that, but consider that is based on their 'current' impressions of the race changes. Don't be surprised is some still find the grass is greener.

That said, the gated races are still 500cr, which since there are others in this very thread who disagree with my stance that Lusternia has a tendency (at least in some cases) to price a bit higher than Achaea (which frankly is the IRE game I am most familiar with), which seems very aggressive for any RP artifact. That said, for those who want to see things like new races, implementing them would seem like considerably more effort than most artifacts and of course the more the results of such efforts are brought, the more likely they'll bother with others.

My feedback. 250cr-300cr would tempt me to buy. Hell, I'd commit to picking up at least one of the races at that price.  Why not more? Because there are two markets, the I want to be x and I have a cameo and I could see myself playing around with that race occasionally, and I am in the second group. I have to decide, well how often would I likely use that race and the answer is not very much, but I would like to have it for backup situations. I know this doesn't help Arcanis and Nikk who already have brought in.

My second suggestion is to treat it like not just as an additional race, but as someone who has brought a not insignificantly priced artifact and give them the planned race changes, but also give them another race ability or two. Just because normal races have n abilities does not mean finks and gnomes can't have n+1 or n+2 and those additional abilities don't have to be anymore unbalancing than the several 500cr artifacts out there.

Nikk and Arc start a new thread and lay out why you think those races are lackluster and propose some changes.

Consider that you could perhaps even ask for a form of 'can do x, n times a day/month'. What if Gnomes and Finks could call on their brethren for instance?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    @Baelor said they're not going to give gnomes and finks bonus stuff for being a pay-to-play race. Is me making a thread going to change that? My major problem is that I bought a 'hunting' race, and now it's an 'influence' race, and I'm not sure that is really a valid argument.

The thing that I think is missing is the ability to be a matriarch fink with wings, but, kephera are losing their queen abilities, so. -shrug-

I really think then, the solution is to drop the price to 250 credits, and add a few extra paid races. I think that will increase the number of people buying paid races.

• Imperian released a whole bunch of races that you can only buy for a limited time, and I think it was pretty successful.

• Eodh said:
    Imperian released a whole bunch of races that you can only buy for a limited time, and I think it was pretty successful.

Oh...if Gnome and Fink became a limited available purchase, then yes I would most definitely accept the cost as the purchase would then become of a collector's concept and vintage with time.
  • There are already artifacts that butt health, mana, and ego. Will there be artifacts that buff the balance (formerly dex) and equilibrium (formerly int) balances?
  • Kalliste said:
    There are already artifacts that butt health, mana, and ego. Will there be artifacts that buff the balance (formerly dex) and equilibrium (formerly int) balances?
    plz no
  • Celina said:

what other business do you walk in to, state you can't afford an item, and demand the management explain the pricing to you? No, you either buy it or you don't.

I work in customer service for an online retailer. I actually get this call all the freaking time.

That being said, I agree with the idea. It's up to the business how they determine their pricing. Either the product will sell enough that it's worth it for the business, or it won't, and they can modify their pricing accordingly. That's the prerogative of the business.

Ultimately, I think their biggest responsibility is making certain the customer is able to become well informed prior to making a purchase. I'd say it's their responsibility to make sure the customer IS well informed, but I believe that is the responsibility of the customer.

To accommodate that, a business should never disguise quality of product or pricing information, but provided they're disclosing this information, the rest is up to the customer. In Lusternia, the pricing and quality of product are nakedly available, and clearly open for research and discussion, or else this conversation wouldn't be happening. I think Lusternia has done its due.

The following appears before any credit purchase is finalized:

Disclaimer: Lusternia is a functioning and changing world, and while we guarantee you will not lose any of the credits you buy, no such guarantee can be provided for what you purchase with the credits themselves. We wouldn't be in business very long if this happened frequently, but as it is a world, your actions have consequences, and the actions of others can result in consequences for you. It's this dynamism in the nature of the world that people enjoy about the game. Thus, it is possible that the perceived or real value of the things you purchase with credits, or your ability to use those things, may both rise and decline during the course of play.

Now, if they find out later that people are quitting because they can't engage in combat on the same level as everybody else, it will be up to them to reassess what kind of player they want to cater to. The dynamic that this game possesses is up to Lusternia, not its players. Whether it takes player opinion into consideration when directing that dynamic is also up to Lusternia.
    I'm not asking for any sort of refund on my fink artifact. Just to make that clear.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I can agree that 500 cr seems steep for something that isn't limited or more special than others but hey, just don't buy it.

Also pretty down with balancing skills based off reliable balance times, so agree with no balance boosting buffs.

However I do think we should do an audit of balances in general. Some things are too slow and need to be faster, etc.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited June 2015
    My understanding was that the 500 cr price point (overpriced or not) was purely for exclusive access to a race. Under the new system, this has not changed. Finks and gnomes may actually be better now across the board in terms of combat and hunting than they were before, too.
  • It is my understanding that you are asking for Logs @Estarra of influencing under the new No-Stat Race system. 
    Here is my log of this. 

• I rarely ask for logs. If you summarize your experience, I'll trust that you are being honest!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Can we have unlimited reincarnations for a few days to give people time to test and figure out what they like? Then just give them one more reincarnation when you formally end it?
  • Nyxx said:
    It is my understanding that you are asking for Logs @Estarra of influencing under the new No-Stat Race system. 
    Here is my log of this. 

@Nyxx  Believe Baelor asked for logs.
  • Why the :ar! do flight races not get it until 25? It almost seems like t hey couldn't think of a good buff and just decided to throw t hat there instead
  • edited June 2015
    Also, level 75 or 80 perks would be nice
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited June 2015
    Level 80: no longer need to eat. Shared by all races.
  • edited June 2015
    As a mugwump, doing charity with the scarecrow hat, It took 14 attacks against liranghsa krokani each "attack" taking just under 4 seconds.
  • edited June 2015
    Using amnesty, I have been able to take down Zenobia who definitely hits the hardest. So amnesty seems just fine on everyone I can think of except Ludlya and Kesisha, who are hilariously impossible. Amnesty ego damage generally builds up over time and gets dangerously high. However, Ludlya and Kesisha capped out their ego damage at 2227 (I have rose glasses and 9 lengendary gestalt and every other bonus I can think of). At that point they regen their ego faster than my 16 Cha can take it down(I have the highest prestige, performing a diplomat, etiquette, fink, hair, perfume, etc) . So I sat there for six minutes each, getting no where. -2227 ego, heal, -2227 ego, heal, over and over, laughing the night away. That is the only trouble in the world of influence I have spotted.

Edit: There is no diplomatic perfume. Scratch that part.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • Oh, and the link in the announce post is broken.
  • I've amnestied kesisha before. The trick is your own ego regen, and doing it on the first try. Mobs build resistance to ego attacks, and with only 1 amnesty attack, one you've failed once (had to run away to reset the ego fight), you're out for the count until the resistance recovers.

With enough ego to tank and enough regen to keep ego up, I could amnesty kesisha as a 15 cha illithoid.

Not sure about now, though.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Off the subject, but is "Guts of Steel" really supposed to give 8/8 against blunt/cutting/fire/cold when I'm sloshed?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I just want to say this:

I CAN INFLUENCE.

Really slowly. Takes forever. But I don't lose to silly little furrikin mobs anymore.

• The state of inebriation you may find yourself at to reach 8/8 differs depending on your tolerance to alcohol, including artifacts that grant additional tolerance.

Logs to be sent to me please, I'm compiling a general feedback of both hunting and influencing, however additional information such as buffs used to increase performance (either /10 level to appropriate damage and damage reduction types while hunting, or various + influencing buffs used) is vital.
    Is there any chance we could please, please get org races in their org's monk guild to gain the same race 'spec' as warriors? Purely as a cosmetic thing, no mechanical benefit. The caster guilds from orgs both get the same caster 'spec'.

• I downloaded my log from the html client, how do I send it to you with the timestamps?
  • For our vitals on bodyscan, could we be told what common skills give buffs? For example, I have no idea what 'philosophy' is for my mana buff.
  • edited June 2015
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ur1Ah24IOpJkCDb8wnL-Jg8YSWciQ7BZvwSTud6DQXA/ should have the full list.

Edit: Note, a couple of the individual type buffs, such as the old Kephera and Illthoid ones, are defunct.
  • Baelor said:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ur1Ah24IOpJkCDb8wnL-Jg8YSWciQ7BZvwSTud6DQXA/ should have the full list.

Edit: Note, a couple of the individual type buffs, such as the old Kephera and Illthoid ones, are defunct.
    Then my next question is when do they kick in? I have Philosophy but I'm not trans'd in that and yet I don't have Connoisseur for ego (unless this 'Art' is not the same 'Arts') which I have much more lessons into, but still not trans'd (highmagic I have 600 vs Arts 1295)