QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ellowyn said:
    (Clan): Lavinya (from the Realm of the Legion) says, "Maybe I will snoop around Hallifax for some nice young gentlemen to corrupt."
    I hear that Subotai guy is looking to be corrupted.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • You tell Merry Monger Subotai Ysav'rai, Avatar of Pleasure, "You can buy a wife now?"

A smoke-formed egregore with white-feathered wings's eyes go black, swimming with oily shadows. Cold pinpricks of light sparkle within her eyes as she stares forwards, unseeing.

Subotai tells you, "I'm not looking to pay much, I'm poor."
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.

• Shedrin said:
    (Clan): Luce says, "IDEA Some guidelines on relative size should probably be added to the racial help files."

(Clan): You say, "Though it was a bit misleading with some races."

(Clan): You say, "Like trill."

(Clan): You say, "Really tall, just not a lot of mass."

(Clan): Skye says, "All trill are 400 feet tall and paper thin."

(Clan): You say, "Yes."

(Clan): Skye says, "That's how they hang out in Hallifax, despit it being way up in the air."

(Clan): Tremula says, "If you can't pick up Hallifax, you're not a proper Trill."

(Clan): Skye says, "Thy just stand on the ground and chat up there."

(Clan): You say, "How do you think they managed to build that high."

(Clan): Luce says, "As opposed to the central question in Gaudiguch, which is how they managed to build anything while that high."
    I hear faeling are secretly like 600 pounds. The largest of them rival igasho and krokani
  • Shedrin said:

(Clan): Luce says, "As opposed to the central question in Gaudiguch, which is how they managed to build anything while that high."
    Ah, you children just never really been around many construction workers pre the 'don't drink while working years'...once upon a time it used to be hard to find blue-collar workers not drinking on the job...(gather round childrens for story time)....you know when you watch Mad Men and they talk about a two-martini lunch? Once upon a time most people drank and smoked at work.
  • [quote]
    Yunli asks, "And what was this about fading after the next full moon?"
    Brennan Stormcrow bows to Makasem - the lesson in Brewmeister is over.
    You say, "Not you dear."
    You say, "His bark."
    You say, "Well not his bark."
    You say, "But... er, druid stuff."
    ?:-
    Yunli says, "Alright, I was wondering if you meant the esteem would fade from the figurine."
    You say, "He's guarded teh remaining not elder ravenwoods against being felled."

You say, "No, but the figurine will decay eventually, and that will take all the esteem with it."
    ?:-say but you can transfer the esteem from one figurine to another before it decays
    You say, "But you can transfer the esteem from one figurine to another before it decays."
    You say, "But that's not a matter of the cycle of teh moon."
    Makasem Stormcrow, Whisper of the Wyrd says, "But some of it gets lost."
    You say, "Yes."
    You say, "But it's choice between losing it all, or being forced to use/offer it."
    Makasem nods her head emphatically.
    Yunli says, "It was much easier being able to imbue the underwear I sewed."

You say, "Er..."
    You say, "Imbue it with what?"
    Yunli says, "Esteem."
    Makasem ponders the situation.
    Yunli says, "A long long time ago."

You say, "If your underwear is esteemed in lusternia I'm not sure that's a good thing."
    Makasem Stormcrow, Whisper of the Wyrd says, "I used to have Esteemed panties."

Makasem cackles hellishly.
    Yunli's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.
    Yunli says, "I offered a fair share of those to Viravain and Nocht."
    Makasem grins and nods at Yunli.
    Shadows grow longer in anticipation for the return of their dark mistress as Father Sun's chase 
    brings him closer to the world's edge.
    Makasem ponders Yunli thoughtfully, looking her up and down.
    Makasem Stormcrow, Whisper of the Wyrd says to Yunli, "I will need to marry one of my future 
    children to you."[/quote]

That was rather amusing to me.....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Wow, stay classy.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Now you can offer figurines of harlots!
  • Ded.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    A series of bacon strips flutter into reality, and then as quick as they came simply vanish before
    your eyes while leaving behind a crispy mouth-watering aroma.

Countess Ellowyn d'Murani, Talon of the Kestrel says, "What the hell."

The wisps of condensation in the sky spread slightly as a few light clouds develop.

Countess Ellowyn d'Murani, Talon of the Kestrel says to you, "Did you see that?"

Countess Ellowyn d'Murani, Talon of the Kestrel says, "Was that you?"

You say, "The bacon?"

Ellowyn nods her head emphatically.

#paranoia

• No paranoia!

Once more the bacon glistens into existence in many rows, floating around your head as if to taunt you whilst chanting. "Bacoon, baaacon, baaaacon."

The bacon floats off to the south, leaving a mouth-watering aroma behind.

I lost it :(

I lost my chance to eat magic bacon.
  • In the middle of a Progression of Blood (advancing to Brother/Priest from Penitent).   Roughly around 7 nihilists there, Esca is doing his RP thing and making Jukka caress some cracked bells of the Duke, and then in the middle of it, is this:

With a loud yet playful whistle, a mechanical dirigible comes puttering in on currents of air, its metallic claw grasping iridescent butterfly panties, which it quickly deposits in Laetitia's hands.

Bravo to the sender.  Bravo.
  • That Laetitia chick needs to change her name just a bit
  • Arix said:
    That Laetitia chick needs to change her name just a bit
    Isn't that a chant in Rituals?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Daraius said:
    10) 2015/06/24 02:39:34 - Saleo: "It is my feeling that all citizens, from the highest peerage of 
    the Assembly, to the lowest of the servant caste, should have free access to this vital and 
    essential nutrient of our Collective livelyhood. So I have stocked the desk in the post office with 
    fifty sheets of stationery for any and all to use."

<pic>
    Oh no you didn't just undercut my business. There's one paper baron in this town and he has sharp teeth. 
    But don't you only give a discount? Free is a much better price. You are going to have to step up your game, Daraius. Flashy displays of origami and dramatic flinging of paper.
  • Tylwyth said:
    Arix said:
    That Laetitia chick needs to change her name just a bit
    Isn't that a chant in Rituals?
    It is, that's why she needs to change it
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Arien said:
    So, tonight at this really cool event, @Lisaera and I were totally sharing brains on emotes. And finally, I had to make a teasy comment. This was the result.

(Clan): You say, "Lisaera, jinx, you owe me a soda."

Blinking rapidly, Elthadean Lunseer says, "The fire is truth. There is something hidden beyond this
    treeline."

Niina flutters her eyelashes charmingly.

Avurekhos nods his head affirmatively.

(Clan): Eldarius says, "Lol."

A fierce timberwolf tilts back his head in a low, resonant howl.

(Clan): Eldarius says, "I'm so in the wrong Order."

A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes
    in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.

Edit: Spelling, because wow, I'm tired.
    Stop making me like Lissy even more OOCly. I'm supposed to hate her and stuff! D::::<
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Ellowyn said:

Bravo to the sender.  Bravo.
    Ugh, it was Cauthorn, that loser. 

Also, I don't see anything wrong with the name. It's a real name, it's not offensive, and it has relevance to Lusternia itself. 
  • I'm also not seeing the issue.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Laetitia is the ritual in cosmic that regenerates ego. If her name was Laeticia or something I wouldn't care, but not letter for letter named after a skill
  • Or maybe she derived the name from the Roman goddess. Or...you know. The actual name Laetitia.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • Or maybe she derived the name from the Roman goddess. Or...you know. The actual name Laetitia.
    Or maybe the skill was derived from the Roman goddess. Or the actual name Laetitia. 

...So what? It's still a confusing name, because the skill came first.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm not confused by it.

• Qistrel said:
    I'm not confused by it.
    Awesome.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    What happens when a Rituals user wants to chant her name?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    What happens when a Rituals user wants to chant her name?

Laetitia            Heal the ego.
    • Inept 50%
    • Syntax: CHANT LAETITIA <target|ME>
      Replenish the self-confidence and ego through this ritual.

Sounds perfectly apt.

• The Cave of Justice.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. The Seal of Justice slowly spins in the air here, humming with
    latent power. A bouquet of icy, withered flowers lies upon the ground, a tiny note tucked within its
    shrivelled petals.
    You see exits leading up and out.

"seal81082"                             the Seal of Justice
    "bouquet209280"                         a bouquet of icy, withered flowers
    Number of objects: 2

read bouquet
    You read what is written on a bouquet of icy, withered flowers:
     Dearest Zvoltz,

It pains Me to see You locked away in this prison, yet Your heroism is
    commended. May You someday safely be freed from the ties that bind You.

Mysrai sends Their love,

-Manteekan

Naughty @Manteekan
  • Was wondering when someone outside Halli would notice that.