Brave Frontier Thread

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yeah, the super honor summon

You'll get crystals and gods and burst frogs etc, which you can use to level your units up

Just make sure to sell the golden gods and jewelled gods for zel

As far as units, I'm not familiar with the units you have. I have Dion, but I don't use him currently (he's still 5* and I've got two 7* and 3 6* on my squad)

You generally want a mitigator, BB control, and an attack booster. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Siam said:
    Sooo....did the SBS 7 stars come out?
    Apparently we'll get at least Ultor and Tridon with Edea, Loch, and Alice's 7* next week, I think.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    NO LOVE FOR HADARON.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited July 2015
    Couple questions.

1.  I ACCIDENTALLY ran a Claire 6*, 2x Ruby 5*, Dion 5*, Elza 5* setup and it ROCKS in the arena!!  I almost ALWAYS get at least one, usually two BB's in the 2nd round and instantly win the match.  Are healers overrated in the arena?  Seems like this sort of strat (I have spheres equipped for increased BC drop rate, increased BB fillup etc., and 2x muramasas on the ruby's to increase dmg in the first 2 rounds) is a bit risky long-term because if you don't win in the 2nd/3rd round you're going to die to the enemy BBs because you lack a healer.  But the full-dmg rush-to-your-BB strat seems to work great so far!

2.  I saw somewhere Anima>Breaker>Lord>Guardian>Oracle.  Is that always true?  Because my Claire and Dion are Animas (yay!) and my second Ruby is a Breaker (good right?) but like every other one is an Oracle =S  And I'm trying to avoid spending money on the game so I'm just working with what I've got but it makes me sad if literally my Ruby/Elza/Rinon/etc etc etc are all literally the worst possible type out there...

3.  If (Anima>Breaker>Lord>Guardian>Oracle) isn't always true, why not?  Is there a preference order for each "role" in your squad? (ie, dmg dealers follow that pattern, but healers need to be guardian or something?)

4.  I got lucky and got a Galant on the lvl 3 AND lvl 4 mission of the fire vortex special thing, one is an anima and one is a breaker.  They're both good, but should I just keep one?  Also the game crashed and I lost the stya I got, STILL lost the 30 energy I spent, and lost the exp I had gained etc and that was really annoying...is Stya worth getting?  I only did the lvl 3 and 4 missions for the gem to be honest and was surprised when I got Galant twice (hmm, looking at the tier list they are both ranked fairly low in quality, should I just toss them?  Should I try to get Selena from the Ice one? She seems pretty popular...I started with vargas but like never use him...should I?)

I'm lvl 82 and SWIMMING in leveling units > . <  After the 250 honors summons yesterday plus all the mission rewards (had max points from missions and had to spend some to keep collecting) plus daily login gifts and brave point gifts and arena gifts my units and items are always maxed every time I run a mission I have to sell/fuse to start another.  Every unit I keep is instantly fused to max level and yet it's crazy overcrowded...I guess this is a first-world problem...but jeez it's annoying,..I literally have 15 burst frogs and 4 burst emperors, I've fused all my imps to my anima Claire/Dion and had previously used some on my ruby before I found out what "type" was and that maybe she's the worst possible just to clear up some space!  And I even broke down and spent some of my earned gems on expanding units/items and it's not good haha. Sheesh.  What do you guys do with all your crystal/god leveling units? Save them for when you need them? Or are they so common you just sell them?  I want to hang onto EVERYTHING (I'm totally a saver) just in case it gets hard to get these things in the future.  But after my first few days really really struggling to level my units, and using  my metal key daily I'm just collecting keys and not using them because I don't need them and don't have the space.  And the money I got from the weekend (like 5 million zel) has been more than enough to last me through this week...blah.  I forgot what I was trying to ask here. /endrant

One last rant and I'm done: I WAS SO SPOILED.  Like my first whole week EVERYTHING was 2x exp AND 1/2 energy costs.  AND Every single Vortex dungeon was open every day!  Now suddenly that's all taken away and it's like I'm going through withdrawal...is it common for 2x exp and 1/2 energy events?  Or was that once in a million and I'll never have it again?  I could literally sit and play as long as I wanted and never run out of energy because I was always leveling up if I wanted to keep going.  Now I have to wait overnight to fill up the energy to get maybe halfway (if I'm lucky) to the next level, and that's if I'm NOT doing the daily missions (which I always do for the brave points) etc...arg.  Tell me they do this every month or something..please?

Gold Star to you if you actually read all this...
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    1: hyper offense tends to do well in arena. If it goes to round three+, then you've got a lot less control over winning. If you keep winning with it, keep using it.

2&3: unit > type. If you have a great unit, a few stat points here or there won't make that much of a difference. As for typings, in general, that list is correct. There are some units where another type is as good as anima, but hp is always good, and rec tends to be meh.

As for units, that's what got me to break down and buy a bundle to expand my count. Most item materials I just sell off everything when I get full that I consider trash (grasses, drops, etc).
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    You can look up most of this online. There's a bunch of literature about the game to be found. 

Healers suck in the arena. 

Typing is not that important. The unit is more important than the type. Anima means more health, so it's universally useful. That being said, some units, like Claire, are better as Breaker for the attack. You can look up reviews on a lot of units that give opinions of the typing preference, but again, typing isn't that important. 

There are a ton of units. If you don't know if you should use a unit, read up on it and/or try it out. 
  • Are raids dead?
    edited July 2015
    Agree with the above, I win 90% of my arena matches in my second round (I use random fight rules, so sometimes I take an extra round or two when I get empty BB start, or 1/2 atk parameter rules) 

Unit > type - I use all the crystal units to max my unit levels out (I've saved every unit I've ever gotten that has a 6* except Vargas, because I was a noob and fused him when I didn't know better). 

Check out the bravefrontier wiki or bravefrontierpros database of unit, they give you lots of info (bravefrontierpros especially) 

PS: I've been trying to get Galant all day, I grabbed a Stya, she's okay, but Galant avoids me. They're pretty easy dungeons and a easy 4 gems + 2 Burst frogs

I don't really like raids, though I haven't really gotten into it past RC2.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The dungeons they're running right now for Stya and the others happen every so often. The dropped characters aren't great, but they're good for being basically free. I want to say Stya is the best of the group, but the dark one is pretty decent as well.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Healers in arena are bad because 1) They usually don't use their BB unless you're highly damaged and 2) BBs and SBBs will likely kill you from full health anyway.

The best thing you can do for your arena team if you can is run Selena with Lexida. She's basically RNG insurance, since her ES makes her damn near unkillable in the arena (massive single hits can do it).

Barring that, find a team that will fill your BBs reliably in one turn. You should be able to win on turn 2 almost always, barring a no BB random rule.
    The only good thing about raids for me, is the unit reward for RC4 - Noah. But eh, raids take too much effort and my BF playing time is limited.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• The slots are kind of like a mini-Super Honor Summon and let you craft good stat spheres, but they're definitely time consuming, especially if you're farming for sphere mats.
  • edited July 2015
    Sylphas said:
    Healers in arena are bad because 1) They usually don't use their BB unless you're highly damaged and 2) BBs and SBBs will likely kill you from full health anyway.

The best thing you can do for your arena team if you can is run Selena with Lexida. She's basically RNG insurance, since her ES makes her damn near unkillable in the arena (massive single hits can do it).

Barring that, find a team that will fill your BBs reliably in one turn. You should be able to win on turn 2 almost always, barring a no BB random rule.
    Yeah I spent hundreds of energy the other day trying to get selena from the Stya quest since I read you have a chance of encountering her and capturing her as a mid-boss.  That almost never happened and I never managed to capture her when I finally DID encounter her, so I'm sad.

Is there going to be an opportunity to obtain Selena in the near future?  I read you have to get her from either starting with her, capturing her during her own special ice event (which I really want because I want to try to get that Lexida!) and then you have a chance during the Stya event, and I THINK the other is actually honors summons? but after hundreds of honor summons I've had no luck so *sigh*

**Also, anyone want to run 2 raid quests with me? I just spent 30 minutes trying to join a raid and people either change the quest so I don't qualify, start spamming "out of orbs" until I leave (obvious jerk is obvious), or start the quest without me.  So yeah, today's mission is probably impossible for me unless one of you kind-hearted gods lets me tag along :) *smiles hopefully* *bats eyelashes*  Although as I'm reading it there's only 100 point reward so it may not really be worth all our time to do...eventually I would like to try out raids though.  Anyway happy hunting everyone!
    Let's go! I've never done one, but I'm down.
    edited July 2015
    RC1 raids are pretty easy, I was able to solo them at a pretty low level.

But I'd be down to raid, I'm interested in getting to higher RC levels

Oh btw, you get Lexida from the GGC in the vortex (the six heroes one) 

Got to beat the lvl 3 for Selena and you get 3 gems and the Lexida (plus some karma and zel)

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Ack!! So Azula just took me on some raids and I just now checked back and saw you guys respond, I'm so sad!  As soon as I get more orbs I'd LOVE to go with you guys, it would be really fun to raid as a big group of Lusternia friends!

Synkarin said:
    RC1 raids are pretty easy, I was able to solo them at a pretty low level.

But I'd be down to raid, I'm interested in getting to higher RC levels

Oh btw, you get Lexida from the GGC in the vortex (the six heroes one) 

Got to beat the lvl 3 for Selena and you get 3 gems and the Lexida (plus some karma and zel)
    Low level as in lvl 83?

And ok I just looked into the GGC thing in vortex (thanks for pointing that out! the wiki made it sound like it had to be a specific selena ice thing), and what do you think my chances are of completing that lvl 3 quest on my own at lvl 83? It would be super awesome!  But I'm worried it might be a bit much..especially since my sole 6* right now is Claire (fire element)...
    Probably not good, in all honesty.

I did it with 1 7* and 4 6* rainbow and took me a couple times

I still haven't managed to beat the Palmyna heroes level 3 yet.

and yeah, I think I was around that level when I solo'd the RC1 quests. They're not too bad, I couldn't auto them or anything though. The nice thing about raids is that you have 3 'lives' so you get 3 chances to kill it and it doesn't regen in between chances

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I really need to start clearing the gods. So many units ready to hit seven star.
    @Synkarin, post a list of your units, I'll suggest a team build for the Palmyna Heroes. :)

#bringShikariback 

I currently run

7* Quaid, Elimo 6* - Ultor, Kira and Diana

Quaid is the leader (I love the 100% attack)

I usually use a Oguro, Graiel or Kanon friend, sometimes a Feeva/Kikuri to do hard stuff

Here's a list of my units

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited July 2015
    Nice...I LOVE spreadsheets! Time to go make one!

Also, anyone still interested in raiding? I've got 3 orbs again!
  • omfg this game is adorable o~o
  • Wohoo! Ok so after Azula got me started I went ahead and solo'd all the rest of the mission and just advanced to RC 2! Yay for gems and sphere frog! That being said, I'm sure I won't be able to solo the RC2 missions with one 6*, and 4 5*s right?  So if anyone is EVER looking to do some raids and get their free gems and stuff please send me a message in game or on the forums and I'll make myself available =D
    So, I saved up all my gems for the increased summons, hoping to get a Raaga or a Yuura

Instead, out of 5 summons and the bonus, I got two units I already have, two units not a part of the increase and Alpha (which was one of them). Then go to check the bonus unit, and it's another Alpha

yay?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited July 2015

Congrats?

I had a similar experience hoping hard for an Elimo...saved up 25 gems the whole time and did 5 rare summons and got:

Farlon, Tora, Tiara, Lira, and Diana, with the bonus being Fang.

Is it ok to be upset?  My understanding is Tora/Tiara/Lira are absolute crap, Farlon is crap but can potentially play a limited role in specific cases, but I don't see how he could be better than Vargus/Claire/Ruby... Fang is meh/ok once fully upgraded but won't replace any of my 5 stars presently, and Diana is nice but I already have a fully upgraded 6* Elza who does damage/curse on top of huge BB boost so I don't see why I'd want a BB-boosting unit that doesn't provide much damage  until I get her to like 7* right?  

So basically I got a Diana, which I'm not sure I'll even use right now.  I know Tark uses her as a leader (wohoo for friendlist!) so she must be decent, but I just don't know if I can use her now over Elza...Elza is a BEAST in the arena and in quests from what I can tell so far.  And when I've had Diana on my team (via friendslist) she really really doesn't seem to add any noticeable damage. And her BB is zero damage until you get to the SBB anyway...and will that really do more damage than Elza's SBB?  I kinda doubt it, and Elza's curse utility in the Arena...so powerful!

What do you guys think?

Also, had a HORRIBLE experience with customer service over a bug.  I was inches away from buying some gems but in my ticked-off-state they won't be getting a dime of my money any time soon, that's for sure.
    I'm bummed really, Alpha seems okay, the other two I got (Vael and Luther) are just ok.

Diana is good, but not in the arena, she's not really for damage. I only have her 6* atm (not enough cost).

She helps build BB by increasing BC drop rates and boosting BB gauge when you get attacked. I use her because she pairs really really nicely with my Ultor (whose BB/SBB taunts and forces units to attack him) and sets myself up nicely for Ultor to tank most of the damage (especially combined with Elimo's Def boost and 1/2 damage SBB). Quaid and Kira are my damagers.

For the arena, I switch her out with Orna because no one got time for a BB that doesn't attack.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I actually use Diana in the arena, for the BC on being damaged. Pretty much guarantees a second round bb from kuda/Ophelia/quaid. Not sure how she stacks up against elza though.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I am having the hardest time getting a hydraloid for my Tridon  :((
    Lead with Quaid in the arena!

100% damage boost + reduces required BC by 20% and fills it 30% faster (at 7*)

I currently use Orna, Ultor, Zergel, Quaid(lead) and Kira in the arena, both Quaid and Kira have Sol creators, and the only thing stopping me from using BB during 2nd round is random rules or really bad luck (not because of gauge not being filled). 

I'm thinking about switching Ultor with Magnazorda to get his aoe BB vs Ultors single target BB.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I'm only running four in my squad atm. And my quaid is 6* because I can't for the life of me beat mechas yet. Though I'll hit 100 shortly, so going to start going At them again.