Brave Frontier Thread

Comments

• Shaddus said:
    Ardmore said:
    Woohoo! I got my Hydraloid for my Tridon!
    I literally just got a Tridon for my Hydraloid.
    Some day I'll get a Tridon for my Hydraloid, and an Ultor for my Cyclaw...although now that I have Deimos I guess I wouldn't use Ultor over Deimos, would I? I guess if I was going against a tough earth team I could switch out Deimos for Ultor maybe? idk...
  • Hmm.  So I got a gem for advancing rank in Arena, a gem for clearing a quest area, and 3 gems for login bonus and now have 5 gems again..do I try another rare summons in the hopes of getting Zenia?  Is Zenia any good?  Or just save the gems for another rare summon some other time?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited July 2015

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • HOLY CRAP ZENIA LOOKS AWESOME!
  • Spent the gems, Guardian Ciara TT
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Anima elimo. Can't beat that
  • LUCKY! Grats!!
  • Azula said:
    People getting Deimos everywhere!

Of course I am the exception to the rule! I managed to save 30 gems and tried summoning upon reading all of your glorious posts! Of course I got Sodis(O), Tiara(B), Mariudeth (O), Darvan(O), Bran(B), Logan(O).

It's a sad day for me :(
    Awww sorry Azula!! :'(
  • edited July 2015
    Azula said:
    Let's hold a raid session right now! Go contact me in game (Lusternia) so we can properly coordinate, since communication via BF is hell!
    Azula SO SAD I missed your post! We'll have to figure out a common time we can all raid together for sure!  I think I was posting my comment when you posted yours and then I just didn't have time to check the forums until just now =/
  • 8 hrs downtime. What am I supposed to do at work today?
  • edited July 2015
    So I didn't understand last week, but I just realized why the downtime is so annoying: They aren't following daylight standard time.  Right now it's 11:30am EST (East Coast USA), which is 3 hours ahead of PST (West Coast USA).  That means it's 8:30am on the west coast, and the servers should have been up 30 minutes ago.  Last week they were an hour late--or so I thought.

But if you go to the wiki, it shows the PST time as only 07:30 right now, which means they never "sprang forward" this spring.  So until the fall this is a 1am-9am PST server maintenance schedule, or 4am-12noon for me on the East Coast.  Which really really is annoying. > . <

compare with
    edited July 2015
    that google link is for 'Pacific Time' not 'Pacific Standard Time', They are currently using PDT, which is different than PST.

This is why timezones are stupid and we should all just switch to one time zone. Who cares if someone's normal hours are 12am - 8am.

Edit: I initially thought the same thing during a server maintenance, but then figured out why. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Doesn't matter much, it's been extended 3 more hours

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited July 2015
    @Synkarin then they need to correct their BF Wiki news page because it''s cruel of them to write PST when they mean PDT > . <

3 more hours?! ?!

?! ?!!!!

BF means PST, California is currently in PDT, meaning that California is an hour ahead of PST at the moment. 

The website is correct.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Holy crap, so CA changes time zone twice a year, TIL!

"In the United States and Canada, this time zone is generically called the Pacific Time Zone (PTZ). Specifically, it uses Pacific Standard Time (PST) - Pacific Time (PT) - when observing standard time (late autumn to early spring), and Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) - Mountain Time (MT) - when observing daylight saving time (early spring to late autumn)."

Now I know the difference between PDT and PST...and knowing is half the battle! :)  Now if only Gumi would restart their servers..this is torture I need miracle totems to upgrade like every unit I'm sitting on right now!  And I have a lot I'm trying to get done today so I won't have much time...arggg...my free time was this morning...

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Yeah, I need to farm some miracles as well. Like... A lot.
    Last time they extended server maintenance, they extended the dungeons as well. They may do that again.

I need a mechagod or two though, as well as Miracle totems

Good news is we should get decent free stuff

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • There is always compensation for these extensions! So yay! Hope they are gems!
    Imps please. I maxed out a unit I don't use anymore because I got Elimo.

Elimo isn't even fair, btw. She totally replaces my Shera AND Kanon together.
    Why do you think Elimo was my second 7*

She's so good

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited July 2015
    Synkarin said:
    Why do you think Elimo was my second 7*

She's so good
    Honestly, I blew the 25 gems I saved trying to get Elimo and failed..getting the trash list I wrote earlier.  And that was when supposedly I had increased chance to get Elimo.  Now what do I do? Just save gems until some future date when they might increase the chance of getting Elimo again? Or am I pretty much shafted?

Also when is it possible to attempt mecha gods realistically?  I tried once and died round 1 and have been too afraid to waste the energy trying since then.  I should hit level 100 today or tomorrow...so my cost should be up to 124, and I should have at least 4-5 6*s available (if miracle totem farming goes well).  I'll try to get a spreadsheet up with my units if you need to know what I have to work with in order to tell me whether it's realistically possible or not...

This is assuming I can actually farm miracle totems today by the way...I'm thinking I can but actually I don't know if I've ever tried...the only evolutions I've done with miracle totems were miracle totem gifts for achievements and such. So yeah.  hopefully miracle totems aren't too hard to farm...
  • Celina said:
    Imps please. I maxed out a unit I don't use anymore because I got Elimo.

Elimo isn't even fair, btw. She totally replaces my Shera AND Kanon together.

Your Shera and perhaps a Rigness is still better suited for FH grinding, where Elimo is more of a liability, so its not a waste! I wish I had Shera :(

• @Azula

I have my Rinon as my main healer/status-ailment nullifier but I DID get a Rigness a while back.  I think we sort of had this conversation but after reading reviews it seemed that Rinon > Rigness but do you think Rigness is better than Rinon (star to star) in any situations?  What makes Rigness better for FH grinding than an Elimo?  Is Rigness better than Rinon? (aside from the fact that Rinon can go 7* whereas Rigness maxes at 6* for the moment...).
  • Elimo does not deal damage.

Rigness (and I think Rinon) does, though Rigness deals multiple types of damage using his SBB which also cures and prevents status/ailments.

In FH grinding, it is quite ideal to keep dealing damage to rake in higher points. Of course there are apparently new strategies (Nuke farming Mid instead of Terminal, or something like that), but generally speaking hitting and dealing more damage in the shortest amount of turns possible is better for FH.

Elimo is your gal for Boss hunts/Challenges and raids
  • edited July 2015
    Would this team work for miracles (cost in parentheses)?

5* Rinon (19)
    6* Sefia (24)
    6* Elza (27)
    5* Zenia (19)
    6* Claire (29) or 6* Dion (29)--which one is better?

That puts me at exactly 118 cost out of 118 cost available, tried to squeeze ever last drop out of my cost there and it worked!

After reading up I tried to maximize light/dark units along with my evolved/maxed units. I don't have a lot of other options but I do have 6* Vargas, some 5* Ruby's, a 5* Deimos, a 5* Rize, 5* Diana...and some completely unleveled units I haven't really done  much with yet...4* Rigness, 4* Yujeh, 2/3* Mifune?, 5* Tora, 4* Fang.

Also who should be my leader, and what should I look for in my friend's unit?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I like Deimos, a lot. The taunt on his bb along with it being aoe is awesome. If I were to swap him for a unit, I'd probably swap him for Sefia for tanking. He's a beast of a tank.

Cleared some quests last night pulled again. Anima Deimos #2. I think I might start a band. Ultor and the Deimos'.
    I summoned 8 units so far and I still don't have either of the new ones >:(
  • Yeah forgot to mention I cleared got more gems and pulled a Lord Zenia :-) Was so excited, but I was in bed late at night not on my laptop so forgot to post it here.  Totally woke me up and made it hard to go back to sleep hehe.

So you'd replace the Sefia with Deimos?  Is my strategy to burst him down or to tank him out? I honestly don't know.  Bring a fujin potion, put Deimos to max so he can't taunt first round?
  • Celina said:
    I summoned 8 units so far and I still don't have either of the new ones >:(
    Ouch sorry!  I guess if you summon 2 more times you're guaranteed one or the other at least right?