Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Sedanas said:
    You smile sadly at a platinum commune ring.
    You put a platinum commune ring into the Megalith of Doom.
    The Megalith of Doom rumbles and absorbs a platinum commune ring.

I won't forget what everyone has done for me, but I'm afraid I've overstayed my welcome. Thank you especially, @Rancoura.

@Sedanas you're welcome, but...

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Seeing kids less than 25 IG years old at demigod. More like

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tremula said:

Sitting at a turret makes this even better. "Back in my day, we aetherhunted uphill, both ways, through the void! And we LIKED IT!" 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    When I was a kid, we had to shoot tendrils through walls to reach Demigod.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    When I was a kid, we had to shoot tendrils through walls to reach Demigod.
    And Aethercraft had specializations
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @Rastamutti is the best ever for my e-ego.

• Talan said:
    I hate it when characters I wanted to get to know better vanish. :-<

(I'm still here) #bigego

• Tremula said:

I'm catching up to you, yknow... Every night, in the Undervault. .08 PER FISHER AT A TIME

12 more levels to go...

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Srsly, admins, just get rid of that regen hit on Mag.  That's seriously screwed up.  Or, give them an equivalent quest to grief the living with that drops soulless curios.  And doesn't go away after it's undone for the month.  I mean, fair's fair and all.
  • edited July 2015
    Silvanus said:
    bodyscan regeneration full
    **************************[ Bodyscan - Regeneration ]**************************
    Stat         Effect                                  Value   Max 
    Health       Demigod                                 3       8
    Health       Viscanti                                1       10
    Health       Black Crypt of Urlach                   4       10
    Health       Spire of Dionamus                       -5      -10
                   Total                                 3

Mana         Demigod                                 3       8
    Mana         Black Crypt of Urlach                   4       10
    Mana         Spire of Dionamus                       -3      -10
                   Total                                 4

Ego          Demigod                                 3       8
    Ego          Black Crypt of Urlach                   4       10
    Ego          Spire of Dionamus                       -3      -10

#ScrewYou

Editted: Ok, this didn't get through of how much of a (HILARIOUS) joke this is. Not only do people farm this quest for Vernal curios, in the new system, it has a pretty huge impact. What a huge joke, I can't believe a quest like this exists with this kind of impact for ONLY Magnagora. This has to end, there is no other way to put it. It is far easier to put up than take down. It gives curios for putting up, than taking down. It has a negative impact for undead only. There is no other impact like this that a quest can have on any other organization.

This is complete (Chirs Farley sniffin Buffalo poo). I have a hard time believing that anyone thinks this is ok.

Editted2: Not only do non-Archliches get a negative impact during the day, they get that negative impact added onto all of this, which for everyone who says it is uncommon or easy to take down, I call shenanigans. The spire's effects don't go down until a month after it has been taken down, and it has been up for every single important event that has happened. It was up for Chaos event. It was up for Ascension. It will be up for everything important until then.

I am starting to feel like it is a huge joke against Magnagora. Something like this is unacceptable. There is no other words for it.

Editted3: Does this have an impact for members of Glomdoring under the blessing of Crow? I must admit I am completely oblivious/ignorant of that area. I just know that being a non-archlich in Magnagora is hindering yourself just as much as improving, and is in general, a waste.
    So...take it down anyway?

Also, from what I see it's easier to take down than put up...but that is just how I see it.

I do think -5/10 is a bit much, also. Maybe if it just became like, -1 or -2/10.

Meh, my opinions aren't that valid anyway.

Edit2: Up for Chaos/Ascension.

I heard from someone (Could be fake) you said (before the system changed) it didn't really do anything anyway. Not trying to start anything here, just didn't seem very valid to bring that up when it's only so bad in the new system.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• It was significant before, and now it's quite obviously massive since we have bodyscan for regen.

It's considerably easier to put up than to take down as I recall. You are welcome to take it down to test your theory.
  • Ur'Marshal Marcella n'Lochli, The Queen's Own Torturer concedes victory to you 
    in chess game #173!

Fourth win so far! Currently undefeated as well! Who knew something from my childhood would help me in Lusternia?

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited July 2015
    By the way, as a fun note, it was bugged before the overhaul and never actually did any regen malus in the past!

But anyway, I agree with changing its effect. Heck, even its regen bonus is way too strong.
  • Rivius said:
    By the way, as a fun note, it was bugged before the overhaul and never actually did any regen malus in the past!

But anyway, I agree with changing its effect. Heck, even its regen bonus is way too strong.
    How long was that bug in place? I recall specifically testing the malus at some point (albiet long ago).
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Not sure. Roark told us it's been this way for quite a while.
  • Silvanus said:

Editted3: Does this have an impact for members of Glomdoring under the blessing of Crow? I must admit I am completely oblivious/ignorant of that area. I just know that being a non-archlich in Magnagora is hindering yourself just as much as improving, and is in general, a waste.
    HEre:
    Health       Mercy                                   2       6
    Health       Faeling                                 1       10
    Health       Tree totem                              10      10
    Health       Blessed by the gods                     1       10
                   Total                                 5

Mana         Perfection                              2       6
    Mana         Faeling                                 1       10
    Mana         Blessed by the gods                     1       10
                   Total                                 1

Ego          Sun totem                               2       6
    Ego          Blessed by the gods                     1       10
                   Total                                 0

In short it completely sucks for us.
    Though I think you have to know, Dark Rebirth in Crow to get dinged....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• AFAIK It's always impacted that subset of Glom members.

I don't recall crow users ever complaining or taking down the spire. Whether that's because they figure we'll do it for them, or there's next-to-no crow users, you decide.
  • Sedanas said:
    Ur'Marshal Marcella n'Lochli, The Queen's Own Torturer concedes victory to you 
    in chess game #173!

Fourth win so far! Currently undefeated as well! Who knew something from my childhood would help me in Lusternia?
    You're only undefeated because you haven't played me.

• Tekora said:
    Sedanas said:
    Ur'Marshal Marcella n'Lochli, The Queen's Own Torturer concedes victory to you 
    in chess game #173!

You're only undefeated because you haven't played me.

OH ITS ON

WE'RE SETTLING THIS TOMORROW, 12 PM PST. ILL ASK OVER MARKET. BE THERE OR BE IN CHECK, M8.

• Ixion said:
    AFAIK It's always impacted that subset of Glom members.

I don't recall crow users ever complaining or taking down the spire. Whether that's because they figure we'll do it for them, or there's next-to-no crow users, you decide.
    It was taken down actively when there were people who knew how to. Viynain taught me back when I was new and curious and looking for quests to do. Nowadays, I don't have that much time to play, and I spend it doing other things.

The concept behind the quest is good and interesting, but the actual mechanics leaves much to be desired in terms of engagement.

• edited July 2015

Ixion said:

It's considerably easier to put up than to take down as I recall. You are welcome to take it down to test your theory.
    Maybe it just takes longer to put up because it bugs out every time. The amount of times I have had to abandon it because it's bugged out on me outweighs the three times I've put it up.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• Ahhh, ahhhhhh! It's my birthday in three hours and I turn 30 and I feel so old and eeeep. Totally asked for some credits for my birthday, but who  knows if it will happen. (probs not!)
  • Happy birthday Nym :)
  • Silvanus said:
    bodyscan regeneration full
    **************************[ Bodyscan - Regeneration ]**************************
    Stat         Effect                                  Value   Max 
    Health       Demigod                                 3       8
    Health       Viscanti                                1       10
    Health       Black Crypt of Urlach                   4       10
                   Total                                 3

Mana         Demigod                                 3       8
    Mana         Black Crypt of Urlach                   4       10

Ego          Demigod                                 3       8
    Ego          Black Crypt of Urlach                   4       10

#ScrewYou

Editted: Ok, this didn't get through of how much of a (HILARIOUS) joke this is. Not only do people farm this quest for Vernal curios, in the new system, it has a pretty huge impact. What a huge joke, I can't believe a quest like this exists with this kind of impact for ONLY Magnagora. This has to end, there is no other way to put it. It is far easier to put up than take down. It gives curios for putting up, than taking down. It has a negative impact for undead only. There is no other impact like this that a quest can have on any other organization.

This is complete (Chirs Farley sniffin Buffalo poo). I have a hard time believing that anyone thinks this is ok.

Editted2: Not only do non-Archliches get a negative impact during the day, they get that negative impact added onto all of this, which for everyone who says it is uncommon or easy to take down, I call shenanigans. The spire's effects don't go down until a month after it has been taken down, and it has been up for every single important event that has happened. It was up for Chaos event. It was up for Ascension. It will be up for everything important until then.

I am starting to feel like it is a huge joke against Magnagora. Something like this is unacceptable. There is no other words for it.

Seriously...? I brought this up a godly amount of times with nothing but silence from Mag, and -now- you guys notice. Even made a post about it, but frankly I was the only one -bothering- to take it down, because in Mag it is common to think "meh..someone else will handle it".

When I realized that I was getting jack for it while certain rodents were getting a curio -every time- they raised it, I found no reason to engage in this game mechanic and simply found it more reliable to remain living.

Also lol at Taevyn claiming raising it is hard, I knew he would post about it, should have made a bet somewhere.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm not sure how I feel about the @Charites suddenly being so perky and willing to add new things. On one hand, I'm gleeful and hopeful.

On the other hand.....who in the bloody heck is going to design a fascinator besides Hallifax and Magnagora? And why these, when we've been begging for so many other things over the years, including chandelier counterparts for outdoors nexi?

/crossfingers
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Dear @Magnagora. Don't want to get your quests interfered with? Don't jump people on Prime for simply being in an area you're trying to quest at. Fact is I went in, scented and was on my way out as I have no idea how the Cay quest works. You deciding to jump me twice while I'm obviously running on telnet at work only gives me reasons to learn how to mess the quest up for you next time I see you doing it. Enjoy.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I wish threats in game worked as well as threats RL
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Tiki torches.
This discussion has been closed.