Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited July 2015
    I don't think -5/-3/-3 for regen of all things is really that big of a deal. It's regen. Half of the racial debates revolved around regen being butt awful of a demi perk. 

Soulforge has always been heavily weighted towards Mag (as in makes no IC sense for Celest to ever do it. TBC has always been far more utilized by Mag than anyone else for obvious IC reasons. Mag/Glom have always had advantages during revolts with villages that had undead villagers. If we REALLY want to get into the bazillion and 1 ways orgs are different/unfair/etc, I'm not sure the shitty spire with it's regen reduction is where you want to hang your hat. 

I'm just saying that this isn't some representation of a systemic attack on Magnagora/undead/taint/whatever. 

Yes the spire impacts users with a darkspirit from Crow. 

• Celina said:
    I don't think -5/-3/-3 for regen of all things is really that big of a deal. It's regen. Half of the racial debates revolved around regen being butt awful of a demi perk. 

Soulforge has always been heavily weighted towards Mag (as in makes no IC sense for Celest to ever do it. TBC has always been far more utilized by Mag than anyone else for obvious IC reasons. Mag/Glom have always had advantages during revolts with villages that had undead villagers. If we REALLY want to get into the bazillion and 1 ways orgs are different/unfair/etc, I'm not sure the shitty spire with it's regen reduction is where you want to hang your hat. 

I'm just saying that this isn't some representation of a systemic attack on Magnagora/undead/taint/whatever. 

Yes the spire impacts users with a darkspirit from Crow. 

When the frick has celest ever geared towards Roleplay when doing certain game quests? Or heck doing anything these days...

In fact, these days, Celest is being more a Mag than Mag is
    All the time. In fact, most orgs as a whole follow their RP pretty well, and I'm not particularly inclined to make sweeping statements about orgs based on my personal feelings about individual players. That's why some of us still talk to Mags. :)

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    All those quests have no impact whatsoever on combat.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    -5 health regen's impact on combat is marginal at best. 

Ability to win culture center is heavily influenced by bards/scholars, which can be controlled by TBC. That's pretty important to some people. We can't just look at quests that influence combat on this subject. We either have to look at them all or accept that they aren't all fair.

Personally I don't think any of them really impact the game enough to be an issue. 

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    -5 is a pretty hefty reduction in regen, regardless of it's actual impact. I mean that's a 50% reduction if you're maxed and more if you're not. 

I'd support lowering it at the very least.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    It's not heavily influenced by bards and scholars, in fact, that's marginal. What wins culture is MHF, prestige, and largest library. That's 1500 culture points.

And putting up soul forge or TBC affects everyone equally that did not put it up, the spire affects only two organizations negatively.

And having minus regen is huge, especially in crazy events like Justice or Chaos seal. That's the difference between winning and losing.

Soul forge and TBC will never have that impact.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Isn't Soulforge busted at the moment? Might've been fixed since I last heard.
  • Kalnid said:
    Isn't Soulforge busted at the moment? Might've been fixed since I last heard.

Anyone that actually completes it would have some pretty big brass ones.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I think it's cool. Never heard of a fascinator and I thought jackets were already permissible, but still cool. :)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited July 2015
    Silvanus said:
    It's not heavily influenced by bards and scholars, in fact, that's marginal. What wins culture is MHF, prestige, and largest library. That's 1500 culture points. And putting up soul forge or TBC affects everyone equally that did not put it up, the spire affects only two organizations negatively. And having minus regen is huge, especially in crazy events like Justice or Chaos seal. That's the difference between winning and losing. Soul forge and TBC will never have that impact.
    Incorrect, I know of multiple occassions where culture center was decided by bards/scholars. I know of times where a specific Glom farmed bards/scholars religiously to overtake other orgs. There's also a myriad of complaints buried in threads about how it unfairly hurts newbies, blah blah.

I'm just going to have to disagree that five levels of regen is what decides Justice and Chaos (especially Chaos, I don't get that one. Since when was group combat decided by 5 level of regeneration?). Regen was the specific issue a number of envoys agreed upon as being so minor that using it as a demi perk made forest races less desirable. 

Whether it's because it affects PK or because it only affects certain members of certain orgs, it's cherry picking an issue and I think it's silly. Okay, so TBC and Soulforge affect all orgs, but you're not discussing how they only benefit your org. Which is kind of important. Historically, only Mag really do those two because taint/soulless RP kind of conflicts with anyone else doing it. Why are you defending being the only org to benefit from quests, but taking issue with the only org being "hurt" by a quest? Seems like they are two sides of the same coin. 

I don't really care if it's removed, but if we're going to make a big song and dance about how such and such org is getting the short end of the stick in such and such scenario/quest/whatever, be ready for a whole broadway production.  Is -5 regen for liches really a counterpoint to the only org that can give self rez as a defense for everyone in the org? Is the spire unfair for Mag? Sure, a little bit. Do you really want an honest discussion about what's fair/not fair for Mag, rather than harping on this one baloney quest? I suspect not.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Silvanus said:
    It's not heavily influenced by bards and scholars, in fact, that's marginal. What wins culture is MHF, prestige, and largest library. That's 1500 culture points.

There are culture cycles where bards and scholars matter and cycles where they don't. If the baseline scores from prestige, library, stage, activity, and family line up such that first and second place are within 100 points or so, then bards and scholars decide who has cultural center. If they don't line up like that, they're mostly irrelevant. You can even make up for a wider difference if you manage to stack the beauty domoth with the song multiplier on bards and have your city really farm it. Glom once got several hundred points out of bards that way, although that's not going to happen in most cycles.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that saying that bards and scholars don't matter for culture is true 95% of the time, but that other 5% they matter a lot.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Drocilla said:

@Shaddus Chill out, bb. I'm sure they'll get to Artisan. In fact, the post says "Other trades will follow in the future." Pretty sure Tailoring is first because it's easiest and wouldn't require extra coding (which is in very short supply with the Overhaul).

No no, you misunderstand my frustration.

I know they'll get to all the other trades, and I'm overjoyed that they're finally letting us add new things again. It's more frustration that we went all this time with asking constantly for new things and being denied, and then suddenly we're given a vote on what new things to add (Lovely idea), but we're adding stuff I have to Google to actually find out what it is. Stuff that I seriously doubt will see a large amount of new designs.

Maybe I'm just bitter and it shows. :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited July 2015
    Should note, I'm currently going over all forms of regen and rebalancing them to making hitting 10/10 rarer than it is now, the spire is due to be changed both positively and negatively as a factor in this.

Can't give you a time frame, but it's what I'm currently working on, so Soon™.
    Thank you @Drocilla and @Baelor, much appreciated for the quick response.

@Celina, I've been perfectly willing to discuss any topic, and easily acknowledge when something is unfair. There is no topic that's off limits, and I've tried to fix the things I've noticed being unfair (envoy report about Nil, for example, think it's 833). And no, once again, TBC and soul forge help whichever org puts it up, not only Mag. If Glom wanted to raise Soulforge or TBC, they easily could.

@Portius, I'd consider something that happens 5% of the time pretty marginal. Also, anyone can put up TBC, and it would affect everyone equally. The spire only impacts undead.
  • I had to look up what a Facinator was. Interesting. Are those hats that were so popular during the British Royal wedding technically facinators?
    edited July 2015
    Well what I meant was not you specifically (poor choice of wording on my part) but the collective "you" as in do we really want to start itemizing a list of things that are unfair to X org. That's an exceptionally long list. Heck I've got some, I just think it's ultimately minor. Either way, if its important enough, envoy it. I'd support it. Forums complaining for change a la choke though is not really a fair avenue to change whatever it may be. 

TBC and soulforge help whoever put it up. It would just be absolutely contradictory to every other org's RP to meddle with tainty things like that, however. That is why, historically, only Mag ever does either.
    Drocilla said:

Shaddus said:
    No no, you misunderstand my frustration.

I know they'll get to all the other trades, and I'm overjoyed that they're finally letting us add new things again. It's more frustration that we went all this time with asking constantly for new things and being denied, and then suddenly we're given a vote on what new things to add (Lovely idea), but we're adding stuff I have to Google to actually find out what it is. Stuff that I seriously doubt will see a large amount of new designs.

Maybe I'm just bitter and it shows. :(

So bitter they could grate you up for a good bottle of Cointreau! There's reasons no doubt, rather than dwell on the past, embrace that it's finally happening. As for the choices, hey, we're all here crossing fingers for the jacket but I hear people are voting for the sash. That's how it goes. Fascinator and co were repeated so much players are getting that on top of the other stuff too. I promise to make one just for you. It may or may not be cursed. B-)

Deal. You make it cursed and non-decay, and Shaddus will wear it no matter what it looks like.

Now let's hope I'm not slitting my own throat here :D
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    A few things here. First, as indicated, the Spire affects only Glomdoring members who use the Rebirth ability. Everyone else in Glomdoring gets the buff instead. Us few Crow users can decide to just forego using that ability when the Spire is up and then we just do not care.

Once upon a time, Aerys (with Rivius at her side) farmed the quest daily. Most times it was Talan (Glomdoring then) taking it down daily, most of Magnagora just let it be. She ended up tiring of it, too, because Aerys was doing it for 1) Curio pieces (primarily) and 2) To be annoying. All that disabling it ever accomplished was just giving Aerys a reward for being a nuisance and wasting our time. Since then, we just gave up caring.

Historically, I think Glomdoring has raised TBC more than any other org (here's looking at you, Krellan), and Soulforge may not actually help the org that raises it. Soulforge can be retuned to any org, it will only reward whatever org it is attuned to when it ticks, and hurts the cities it is not attuned to (potentially even the one that raised it). This amusingly means that the forests are the only ones who can raise it with no risk.
  • edited July 2015
    Celina said:
    Well what I meant was not you specifically (poor choice of wording on my part) but the collective "you" as in do we really want to start itemizing a list of things that are unfair to X org. That's an exceptionally long list. Heck I've got some, I just think it's ultimately minor. Either way, if its important enough, envoy it. I'd support it. Forums complaining for change a la choke though is not really a fair avenue to change whatever it may be. 

TBC and soulforge help whoever put it up. It would just be absolutely contradictory to every other org's RP to meddle with tainty things like that, however. That is why, historically, only Mag ever does either.

You...it is just baffling how you seem to think the players in these 'goodie' orgs are actually going to give 3 fricks.... They'd be raising TBC every day in celest if the trollies knew how the frick it even works. Need to stop drinking the moonshine.

Edit: Heck, someone from Hallifax (we can all guess who) just raised Marani, not a blink of an eye. Synkarin and others were abusing the stuffing out of raising the goloths, which by your own logic should be "against their RP". No one gives a flying care...
    I have this idea you have no real clue what rp Gaudiguch is supposed to have.
    I'm also pretty sure that "not knowing how the TBC works" isn't what keeps Celest from raising it. If we really want to say that people's rp should restrict what quests they can do, we should only allow Celestians to do the Tome of Rememberance, and only forestals can do the quests in Verasavir.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I like how you hit "disagree" when you're quite clearly and demonstrably wrong. Pretty typical.  :P
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Lusternian designers evidently have really bad fashion sense. Most of the public and cartel designs I see are hideous, gaudy, or both. Generally, fascinators fall into both categories for me. There are a few gems, and a few designers that regularly churn out clothing that looks good, but the vast majority if designs make me cringe. I've not experienced that in the other IREs I've played, maybey it has something to do with the cartel system?
This discussion has been closed.