Today I learned (TIL)

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I sorta tried a few times when I was CL to start a bit of plot to that effect, but wherein it was unleashed on someone else.
  • Kiradawea said:
    Rancoura said:
    It sounded like you meant they were kidnapping trees. The sentence still sounds that way even after your explanation. :P

So! TIL that our spiders are extra awesome.

TIL. If you plan on visiting Glomdoring. Bring a flamethrower.
    Wow, I didn't know about that. In fact most Gloms only learn about them if/when they start doing a certain quest.
    Or if they climb excessively perhaps(rarer than you might think).

But we all know the bulbous spider makes you smell.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited August 2015
    TIL that there's an entire rift category for this. How quaint!

+--------------------------------------------- Triple Junction Inn's Brews +
    |  goldentonic:        5   kiwipunch:          5                           |
    +--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    TIL don't log out with 701 runestones sitting in your inventory.  The message spam is real.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    At least you can delete messages spanning a message range now!
  • Tarkenton said:
    TIL don't log out with 701 runestones sitting in your inventory.  The message spam is real.
    Make a trigger on the log out message to INRB EVERYTHING?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Spare blanks.  Didn't know how many the bag held.
  • Say do blanks even go in a rune bag?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Considering the rune bag is just a way to access the rune rift, then I'd say no. Technically.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tylwyth said:
    Say do blanks even go in a rune bag?
    You can put blanks into the rune rift.
  • edited September 2015
    TIL: It takes me 1 unhindered hour and ~150 sparkle to half fill the Cay talisman. (Then someone walks in and punches all my spheres..) 

Edit: How long is it supposed to take? I really don't want to spend credits to sink lessons into influence/dramatics...
  • Lorah said:
    TIL: It takes me 1 unhindered hour and ~150 sparkle to half fill the Cay talisman. (Then someone walks in and punches all my spheres..) 

Edit: How long is it supposed to take? I really don't want to spend credits to sink lessons into influence/dramatics...

The spheres...arent that hard...Not even sparkle-consumption level. Do you even have all 3 influence attacks for empowering? If not, then you're hurting yourself.
  • It takes me 1m 20s with just the two influence attacks and Aeldra 50s with transcended influence, though. I guess I just have to sink the credits into influence. 
    Do you have to kill the same number of starfish as we have to influence spheres?
  • Lorah said:
    It takes me 1m 20s with just the two influence attacks and Aeldra 50s with transcended influence, though. I guess I just have to sink the credits into influence. 
    Do you have to kill the same number of starfish as we have to influence spheres?

Yep, and it doesnt just come down to trans influence, you can use several other bonuses. Beast influence, Wetfold, performance, just to name a few.
  • edited September 2015
    Yeah, no. I'm good. I'm not sinking all those credits into lessons just to have a chance at that quest when someone can just walk up and punch my mobs. I'll pass on that one.

Edit: Thanks though!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lorah said:
    Yeah, no. I'm good. I'm not sinking all those credits into lessons just to have a chance at that quest when someone can just walk up and punch my mobs. I'll pass on that one.

Edit: Thanks though!
    Just need influence, really.  Transcendant influencing (charismaticaura) gives a huge boost to all influencing, and ensures you have all 3 influence attacks to boot for all styles.  You will want that.  Wetfolds can be bought from shops, no need to invest any lessons.  The rest can all be stacked for minor additional benefit, but that's all it is.  Minor.  You might be able to cut off one influence, maaaybe two on tougher mobs.  It's only worthwhile if you stack a lot of 'em.

Trans influence is the biggest impact, period.
  • Beast influence: Master 33% (Around 215-ish lessons, I forget master->gifted amount)
    Sycophant (empowering enhancer in dramatics): Apprentice 33%, which is around 25 lessons.

Not really a lot at all. Definitely worth it, considering you're not even 90 (meaning you still have a bunch of free bound cr left coming your way)
  • Syrennia said:
    Beast influence: Master 33% (Around 215-ish lessons, I forget master->gifted amount)
    Sycophant (empowering enhancer in dramatics): Apprentice 33%, which is around 25 lessons.

Not really a lot at all. Definitely worth it, considering you're not even 90 (meaning you still have a bunch of free bound cr left coming your way)
    23@90+24@95+25@100=72=432 lessons+55 lessons(the ones you get each level)=still Not enough to reach trans in a skill.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited September 2015

Tylwyth said:

Not enough to reach trans in a skill.

Nowhere was that said to be otherwise. Those lessons cover the two mentioned skills with some (more than half) to spare.

Fact of the matter is: if you want to do something that requires influencing skill and influence-centric buffs, you will really want to have influencing skill and influence-centric buffs. End of story. Also, as far as poking at the disparities between good/bad Cay questing, starfish can also be taken out of the equation with force - and elementals, which impacts both sides.

...sssssooooo...
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I'd rather put the lessons into getting green/ged and transing tattoos so I'll do that instead.
  • edited September 2015
    Tylwyth said:
    Syrennia said:
    Beast influence: Master 33% (Around 215-ish lessons, I forget master->gifted amount)

23@90+24@95+25@100=72=432 lessons+55 lessons(the ones you get each level)=still Not enough to reach trans in a skill.

What are you on about? I never said anything about transing a skill.

Also it's 22 at 90, 23 at 95, 25 at 100.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Lorah said:
    I'd rather put the lessons into getting green/ged and transing tattoos so I'll do that instead.
    Both definitely more worth, get it coeurl.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Message sent by (system)
       A young taint wyrm with knife-edged teeth has grown to adulthood!

A serpentine taint wyrm with knife-edged teeth

TIL wyrms have such tiny variations compared to other mage mobs.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    TIL (actually yesterday) poteen pots are quite evil if your char's not used to alcohol. Yikes.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Ventidius said:
    Message sent by (system)
       A young taint wyrm with knife-edged teeth has grown to adulthood!

A serpentine taint wyrm with knife-edged teeth

TIL wyrms have such tiny variations compared to other mage mobs.

This might be true, but I think that young beasts in general have little variation. Stags don't vary all that much, unless you feed them for a few years and zimoru them, then they have pretty strong variation! 
  • edited September 2015
    TIL @Kaimanahi cannot explain this process:  without referring to the spearing of certain body parts.
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    TIL that Lusternia has a max tells character limit. Sorry @Saoirse!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TIL that making trigger highlights that don't hurt my eyes is hard/

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Today I learned that Mantra Wind can bypass some particular pesky doors, and that according to Google, kirigami can be really fricken elaborate.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."