General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    There's been in a cricket in the house for the past few days. All night, it chirps extremely loud. I hate this cricket.
  • Phoebus said:
    There's been in a cricket in the house for the past few days. All night, it chirps extremely loud. I hate this cricket.
    Ooh, I know! You just need to import a that giant spider from Arachnaphobia! Problem solved!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I've been finding myself caught in unpleasant thought cycles lately, dwelling on the uselessly vitriolic things I could say to my boss. When I go through these scenarios in my head, I get an actual, physical pulsating and tingling sensation in the side of my head that makes me feel like I'm having a stroke or something, so it's pretty effective operant conditioning against these thought cycles. I just wish my situation didn't cause them in the first place.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    I've been finding myself caught in unpleasant thought cycles lately, dwelling on the uselessly vitriolic things I could say to my boss. When I go through these scenarios in my head, I get an actual, physical pulsating and tingling sensation in the side of my head that makes me feel like I'm having a stroke or something, so it's pretty effective operant conditioning against these thought cycles. I just wish my situation didn't cause them in the first place.
    oh mama! that's terrible. i've been there myself.

is dead like the dodo
  • Daraius said:
    So sorry to hear it :(
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • I second the distaste for people directly above you in employment. Especially now that multiple people (including myself) have been written up for being late when our schedules show one time, yet when we get to work it's been changed and we've been put in the time out corner for it.

Case in point, at the first of August I was placed on an overnight shift for a few days to help the Lunar Project Team(just a fancy way of calling the people who do store renovation and upgrades after hours). So from Sunday to Wednesday I was on this overnight schedule, when we left that Wednesday morning I checked my schedule as I was logging out, and commented to my co-worker 'oh, looks like I'm doing 8:45 to 3pm Sunday when I come back on shift, must be working security desk' since that always mirrors my AP time slots.

So that Sunday as I am heading into work around 8:20 my supervisor calls me, then meets me at the door to let me know I was late (by then it was about 8:36am when I clocked in) I told him that I was religiously checking my time on the website from home, and it showed 8:45am. He claimed it was '8am when I did the schedule' mind you they put schedules in two weeks prior to any given date. And when I checked after he had called me, my entire weeks schedule had been altered. I'm of the opinion he had me down for AP when he made it, but then once I was on overnights realized he needed to change it due to total labor hours worked. Which naturally the change would not update till that Sunday at midnight, when new schedules kick in.

The kicker was I was told by him, a member of management 'don't always go off the website, it could be wrong'. Yet when I was signing the little verbal write up sheet the other manager gave me, she tells me 'in my entire time here, the website has never been wrong.'

The only thing that stopped me from making a big deal out of it is because I'm just a part-timer and I haven't been there long enough in my own opinion to raise hell. But now, as I mentioned, multiple people have been getting write ups for being late, and everyone has sworn up and down the time they had scheduled changed. We even had the schedules for the warehouse printed and posted on the board in the back, which we always do, that showed one of the truck guys coming in at certain time, but he got written up for being multiple days late at 1 hour each.

tldr: Bosses suck, yo.

P.S Please don't banhammer me for ranting I'm so sorry D: 
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    @Thalkros

That sounds like my short-lived venture working at the Great American Dunkin Donuts. They didn't even -have- online schedules, it was all on paper...so when they changed it on your day off, they didn't call you, but you were magically supposed to know and show up on time the next day. Also, constantly being scheduled on days that were written in on my hire date as unavailable. Good times.

So irritating.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ah, the Great American Corporation. My wife has her stories, too.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Just don't feel right again. I hate when this happens.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • 48 hours ago I was in a city full of smiles, art, wonder, dust, and challenges with some of the smartest, most competent folks I've ever met. It was raucous with music and good-natured heckling. I could get on my bike and adventure anywhere, plunge neck-deep into a schoolbus filled with huge teddy bears, cuddle around a bonfire, ride through a dust storm to see strange spires and giant cubes rising from the endless flatness of a dead lake bed, have coffee with a new friend, try to burn down a tower using only the power of mirrors and the Archimedes story. 

Now I'm sitting in a house in Berkeley missing my camp-mates, missing the City that is even now being deconstructed back into nothing, and desperately missing the ten or so layers of dust ground into my skin by day after day of white-out dust storm and cold desert nights.

Next year it will be a different city, and that's cool. But it's always hard coming back.
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • You should totally take all of us next year.

• Over the last couple of years I've been unable to complete any project I start. In recent months I've stopped having fun doing anything at all. I can't begin to imagine what's wrong, and I'm terribly embarrassed to ask for help here, but I'm desperate and have no idea what to do.

I'm fascinated with mud design, and when I started I was absolutely incompetent, but could whip something coherent up in hours or days. Now I know what I'm doing thoroughly, and -want- to accomplish something with it, but can't. My character here has fallen apart for the same reason..
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Vetala said:
    Over the last couple of years I've been unable to complete any project I start. In recent months I've stopped having fun doing anything at all. I can't begin to imagine what's wrong, and I'm terribly embarrassed to ask for help here, but I'm desperate and have no idea what to do.

I'm fascinated with mud design, and when I started I was absolutely incompetent, but could whip something coherent up in hours or days. Now I know what I'm doing thoroughly, and -want- to accomplish something with it, but can't. My character here has fallen apart for the same reason..
    I understand.

That's about all I can offer, but. I do.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited September 2015
    Vetala said:
    Over the last couple of years I've been unable to complete any project I start. In recent months I've stopped having fun doing anything at all. I can't begin to imagine what's wrong, and I'm terribly embarrassed to ask for help here, but I'm desperate and have no idea what to do.

==============================================

I'm sorry this is happening to you. My best answer would be, be okay with being kind to yourself. It is okay that you have not accomplished everything you want to accomplish in this moment. Most people haven't. There is no one judging you for not yet being the person who has done everything that you want to do. But please be okay with being proud of yourself for everything that you've learned! That, too, is an accomplishment. I think we forget sometimes that just learning how to do something is an exhausting process, and one that many people don't ever overcome. But you did! And that's amazing! When you have the energy, the time, the inclination, the inspiration, and whatever else you require to be in the right head-space for working on your projects, you will be capable of doing what you desire to do. And that's really really cool.

It doesn't have to be right now though. And that's okay. >:D<
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Private family disputes held on facebook. I wish they'd just argue about politics.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Vetala said:

sounds like your knowledge/know how isn't keeping pace with your technical skills.  compromise. if you can't get EVERYTHING 'perfect', pick one aspect and then aim to finish. it's a marathon,  pace yourself. and know how you work. you can't get everything right on the first pass. above all, MAKE BLOODY sure you finish it to the minimum acceptable standard. .
    is dead like the dodo
  • When it comes to work schedules, document everything. Photographs, date-stamps, everything. Cover yourself entirely so that when they do try to "getcha" you've got solid ammo.

Free flow of information is the only safe-guard against (manager) tyranny.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

• I SOOOO want one of these... but... the PRICE of it *whimper*

(they cost NZ$280 >_<)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Go to bed, everything is good. Wake up, oldest kiddo has an eye infection. I was complaining about having to go to work, but poor little guy.
  • I want to play Lusternia.  At the same time, I really have no interest lately, as I've been super busy with work/school/personal life.  I feel strange when I go through these withdrawal phases...
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Gabriella said:
    I want to play Lusternia.  At the same time, I really have no interest lately, as I've been super busy with work/school/personal life.  I feel strange when I go through these withdrawal phases...

Let me know if you find a way out of that. I feel kind of similarly.

I want to play too, but there's a lot of Lusty I just can't find the will to do much of it anymore but RP with people. And responsive people are getting way harder to find. :(

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Turn on rpwho?
  • The following players are currently seeking roleplay interaction:
    No one right now.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Riluna said:
    The following players are currently seeking roleplay interaction:
    No one right now.

Not many people seem to use it, sadly. I try to get myself to remember to turn it on myself.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Just like spar who, it starts with you. If all your interested in from Lusternia is rp, make a trigger when you log in to turn in rpwho. You use it, other people start to use it, etc. I'll generally contact someone ooc first to see if they've any interest in rp with Tark, then go from there.
  • That's a noble sentiment, and I already do. It's less helpful in my case because I'm not willing to AFK until somebody bites (I really can't bash/influence anymore. I've tried). That would make me feel like a part of the problem.

I still do find people who give me my fix sometimes, don't get me wrong. Amazing people, who make all these dry spells worth it. :) It's just super awkward all the times in between. And I am rather dissatisfied it even takes tools sometimes, like RPWHO, to find somebody who isn't either AFK or too busy grinding to say hello.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm just trying to play a game that doesn't exist anymore. I'm still addicted to the game I started playing nearly a decade ago, heh. This one is very different, even if some of it looks the same on the surface.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited September 2015
    I know quite a few people have complained about their incompentent managers, but I'm one of those incompetent managers and now it's my turn to complain about incompetent employees

It's not that hard to take a list of items, put that list together to send to a different lab overnight so we can meet TAT for our client, why you only sent 2 of the 4 items, I'll never know, especially because they all appear on the same list, in numerical order, with big ol' unique ID's. Now our report is going to be late to our second biggest client because you can't read. Oh what's that? You have a MS and deserve respect for being a scientist? A kid with half a brain and a GED can accomplish what you just fucked up with less direction. Come on man. Do your job so I don't have to babysit you.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Fancy letters after your name != the common sense God gave a baby duck.
  • Going from an incredibly sedentary lifestyle to having to stand laying clothes out on conveyor belts for 5 hours a day is not  a pleasant adjustment to make. So many sore areas on my body.