General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• edited August 2015
    smokers, who CHAIN smoke in the area where i'm doing my living.

i am going to take those  cancer sticks and make them magically vanish. stick by stick.

i hate being forced into passive smoking.
    is dead like the dodo
  • Tridemon said:
    Makes sense. After all, it's from the bark of a tree, and when a plant produces something in its bark, its a defensive measure- in this case, a form of chemical warfare.
    first off, wow, cinnamon is tree bark? The more you know!

Secondly, I now know of an easy way to prevent ants on my bed without worrying about my cat being affected by raid! Thanks a bunch Tridemon :D Gonna line my bed with cinnamon from now on.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    And your bed will smell nice.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    My laptop is telling me to restart to repair drive errors. Last time I listened when it told me that, it didn't reboot.  [-(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Bleh, the sky is grey with smoke today.
    Forest fires hitting my allergies. not being able to breath isn't aiding my claustrophia.....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited August 2015
    Daraius said:
    My laptop is telling me to restart to repair drive errors. Last time I listened when it told me that, it didn't reboot.  [-(

Mine is threatening to shut down in ten minutes. :(Noooo.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I have rheumatoid arthritis.  With a little practice, we've managed to make my medicine to where it pretty much never bothers me.  For no known reason, my joints have been acting up.  And by acting up, I mean leaving me in intense pain and unable to move that joint.  Yesterday my shoulder started hurting me so today I went to a walk in clinic and got a shot of cortosol.  Then, when evening came along, my hip started flaring badly.  I'm sitting on a heating pad now and unable to sleep because of the pain.  Tomorrow morning I have to try to get an appointment with my rheumatologist to see if he can't help since obviously the shot didn't help.  I hate my body.

Well I listened to Windows and restarted like it asked. Now it can't open its own start menu. Mudlet can't find the Qt platform plugin "windows" whatever the heck that means. Malwarebytes stopped running real-time protection but its own "fix now" button does nothing, and the scan I just tried to run caused it to shut down and... disappear, apparently.

Even before I all that, it wiped my personalization options and wouldn't let me even save a desktop wallpaper. Chrome was telling me it couldn't load Shockwave, and Adblock and the IRE extensions couldn't move their directories to my profile after I reinstalled (again, wth does that even mean). One of my folders in Dropbox was apparently corrupted and still can't be opened from the desktop even after reinstalling (but it looks like the files are still safe online -- all my Lusternian letters!).

What the actual f*ck. I just want to cry.
    I used to make cakes.

• Hmm, virus, Try a fixstick thingy?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Malwarebytes was supposed to protect me!  :((

I will give that stick a shot, and see if my coworker's Geek Squad hubby can give me some free advice.
    I used to make cakes.

• When you see the words "drive error", the first thing you do is to backup. Assuming you can still back up, of course.

Then you bring it to your local technician.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    From the last time Dar, did you ever do any hardware fixing? Sounds to me since this has happened again, may be new drive time. If you've got the scratch, SSD is the way to go.
    Last time I took it to my local technician, he couldn't tell me what was wrong or what he did to fix it. He basically wiped it clean, which is what I was trying to avoid doing by taking it to him, charged me $90, and still made me feel like an idiot.

This appears to be a different set of problems, though. I can at least turn the thing on.
    I used to make cakes.

• edited August 2015
    Erk. Nothing was here.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA

Daraius said:
    Well I listened to Windows and restarted like it asked. Now it can't open its own start menu. Mudlet can't find the Qt platform plugin "windows" whatever the heck that means. Malwarebytes stopped running real-time protection but its own "fix now" button does nothing, and the scan I just tried to run caused it to shut down and... disappear, apparently. Even before I all that, it wiped my personalization options and wouldn't let me even save a desktop wallpaper. Chrome was telling me it couldn't load Shockwave, and Adblock and the IRE extensions couldn't move their directories to my profile after I reinstalled (again, wth does that even mean). One of my folders in Dropbox was apparently corrupted and still can't be opened from the desktop even after reinstalling (but it looks like the files are still safe online -- all my Lusternian letters!). What the actual f*ck. I just want to cry.

Daraius said:
    Last time I took it to my local technician, he couldn't tell me what was wrong or what he did to fix it. He basically wiped it clean, which is what I was trying to avoid doing by taking it to him, charged me $90, and still made me feel like an idiot. This appears to be a different set of problems, though. I can at least turn the thing on.
    I highly recommend GNU/Linux. Best decision I ever made was trying it out, and now, I can't imagine using Windows full time anymore.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Install Gentoo, Daraius.

It will solve all your problems.

Sedanas said:
    Install Gentoo, Daraius.

It will solve all your problems.
    I need to give Gentoo a try, given that I keep encountering people who like it. I'm a fan of Linux Mint and Trisquel and Puppy.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

edited August 2015
    Okay but... Just the idea of having to do a basic "clean reinstall" of anything gives me agita. I'm not going to survive switching operating systems. EDIT: Upon a little research, I'm fairly sure Linux is not for me. I lost a lot of my tech savvy since college and I don't enjoy tinkering with code anymore. I just want things to work.
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:
    Okay but... Just the idea of having to do a basic "clean reinstall" of anything gives me agita. I'm not going to survive switching operating systems. EDIT: Upon a little research, I'm fairly sure Linux is not for me. I lost a lot of my tech savvy since college and I don't enjoy tinkering with code anymore. I just want things to work.
    That's why I love Linux Mint. It's exactly that--install, and it works. Other distros cater to more advanced users (I'm looking at you, Debian!), but some, like Mint, are so popular because they work so cleanly and so well with almost no configuration needed.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Just got blindsided by a very bad course grade. In the objective portion, I got an A+, but apparently must have performed very badly on the subjective portion. I have no idea what happened either, because all my instructors had really good things to say about me, as well as the people I was working with. I requested a grade breakdown and a chance to dispute it, but I know these things are usually fruitless. It's really depressing. My record was spotless this year otherwise.
    Welp, I made the mistake of trying to restart so I could try and get Malwarebytes or AVG working, and I'm back in the auto repair death spiral.
    I used to make cakes.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    That awkward moment you realize the meeting you have tomorrow involves extensive paperwork you didn't realize you had to do.  @-)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited August 2015
    Lusternia feels very quiet ever since I came back, and I imagine it's because everyone I used to play with has left. I need a new Regina George and a clique of bitches to hang with. There's a... 30% chance that it's already raining there's PK somewhere!
  • Lusternia feels very quiet ever since I came back, and I imagine it's because everyone I used to play with has left. I need a new Regina George and a clique of bitches to hang with. There's a... 30% chance that it's already raining there's PK somewhere!
    Been having a very similar issue, have ended up not really playing anymore as a result.
  • WISDOM TEETH

aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Embrace the shoosh-pap.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • My tablet I use for my art has been on the fritz. The cord right where it connects into the tablet has a short and it flickers on and off making it really hard to use. It has gotten progressively worse over the past week so today after some number punching.. I decided to buy a new, one I have been looking at for the past year. So.. happy I am finally getting something I have wanted for SO long but.. not under these circumstance. Did not wake up today thinking I was gonna spend $400 =\
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• I hate power outages. Hate them.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Going to be working 12+ hour days (plus commute time) straight for the next 14 days. Including weekends and Labor Day (no off days at all).

Staying in a hotel with awful internet so no Netflix or anything after hours either.

Going to suck.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Arimisia said:
    My tablet I use for my art has been on the fritz. The cord right where it connects into the tablet has a short and it flickers on and off making it really hard to use. It has gotten progressively worse over the past week so today after some number punching.. I decided to buy a new, one I have been looking at for the past year. So.. happy I am finally getting something I have wanted for SO long but.. not under these circumstance. Did not wake up today thinking I was gonna spend $400 =\
    What tablet did you end up choosing?
    Stangmar - Retired