QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Lyora said:
    @Saoirse Kissane-Ladyn says, "We get cookies in our tits?"
    D: Context is needed!!! Unfair!!! BWAH!
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy

• (Clan): Salome says, "Stratas, you'reput ledger in satchel."

About time someone realized.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Hrm I wasn't even aware one could be forced into guards like that. It's hard to remember when and where it isn't allowed. Is that a bug, I wonder?
  • edited September 2015
    Well... Considering he attacked both me and a friend, for virtually no reason at all. Not 30 seconds before I did that, I'd say it was allowed. No, it's not a bug.
  • Not supposed to be able to force an enemy onto the nexus though I thought. Considering you can't sit at the nexus and summon them to it, drag, beckon, etc. So yeah... might probably be a bug.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited September 2015
    It's not a bug on Prime actually, completely legit

The only prime nexus I know you can't force on to is Glom, because of Crow

Him being a lame newbie griefer isn't really relevant to that

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It is allowed and possible to force people onto a Prime Nexus. You can gust them on, you can sit on it and drag them in. Not a bug.

It's not possible to force people onto a non-Prime Nexus.

Think about it a minute. Why aren't you allowed to force someone onto a non-Prime Nexus? Well, it's because that's the only spot on that plane where you're allowed to place guards or have a totem. Why isn't that a problem on Prime? Because guards and totems/statues can be anywhere in your territory, and you can just move guards to them. The force move protection for prime planes is on forcing them into the area (where guards are a possibility), not forcing them onto any particular place in that area.
  • That would have been my next question, if it was prime or not. Neat, the more you know
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    As far as I am aware, headbutt has the same chance to get past summon resistance as gust. It has some other slight advantages that don't help in this particular scenario. But okay!
  • edited September 2015
    K.
  • >Needs armor
    >Goes to guildhall
    >Finds a fullplate!

You take a suit of pale silver fullplate from a steel-ribbed weapons rack of translucent crystal.
    2940h, 2720m, 2720e, 10p, 11840en, 11840w Bex-

>Hey! Why not check out how it looks!

p fullplate
    A plating of pale silver covers the steel of this suit of armour. It is
    simple and functional in design, constructed of large metal plates set
    into a mesh of intricate chainmail, of which there are two layers,
    designed to absorb the impact of even the most deadly blow. The only
    decoration is a delicate pattern of interlocking diamonds, engraved in
    thin lines of dark iron, which contrasts with the lighter tone of the
    silver plate.
    It is about to decay.
    It weighs about 180 pounds.
    It does not retain any heat whatsoever.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Senior Officer Entrias Pavok.
    It has the following aliases: fullplate, platemail, plate, armour.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Since you're halli, hit me up in game. I plan on flexing eg in a day or two, can help you out.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ladies and gentlemen, "RP".
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Hey didn't Seren have some butt ganking Glom novices a while back?

Sorry sorry, the point is: People die, get over it.

• Everiine said:
    Twisting pathway into the wyrden mists.
    The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. The silvery leaves of a faebush gently billow in the wind. An archway of thorns rises up from the ground. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Aurik. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Leolamins. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Hyrtakos. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Illidaen. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Emar. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Hyrtakos. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Kethaera. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Herla. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Illidaen. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Hyrtakos. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Ennis. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Leolamins. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Lerad. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Xilixiaxix. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Leolamins. A wooden spike is planted here, proudly displaying the shrunken head of Illidaen. There are 2 wooden spikes here. A blackthorn sapling clings tenaciously to the ground here.
    You see exits leading northeast and northwest.

Yes, I wonder why any Glom would have a reason to dislike Seren, especially the son of Celina. Real mind-boggler, that one. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Everiine said:
    I mean...yes. Glom disliking Seren is RP. I don't get the confusion.
  • Celina said:
    Everiine said:
    I mean...yes. Glom disliking Seren is RP. I don't get the confusion.
    Anything we do is rp, assuming it isn't clearly not rp. That agreed with, using rp as an excuse to attack anyone tends to be far more fun for the attacker than the target. As it is, there seems to be less motivation to play when there's so few people around to talk to, so... idk. There's nothing wrong with it from an rp perspective, but I am skeptical that it's all that beneficial to anyone else.

But I'm not interested in fighting about it either. *shrug*
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Maybe you're supposed to yell "infidel" or "heretic" or something before murdering your enemies?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:
    Maybe you're supposed to yell "infidel" or "heretic" or something before murdering your enemies?
    Not really the point.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • edited September 2015
    I'd probably say its less interesting rp.

Especially for low might people, like there's not much that they can do and so if no one is around then rather than attacking there could be attempts at conversion, showing your strength by being unafraid of them (I'm assuming here that people who actually sneak into an enemy org have decent enough curing) which is a bit more of an interesting experience, in my mind at least.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    There's certainly a discussion that can be had about the benefits and maluses of said RP, which I will refrain from getting involved in. All I'm pointing out is that Seren dislike is not "bad" RP simply because a person does not like the results of that RP.

Ultimately you'll find me on the pro conflict side of any Lusternian debate simply by nature of the game we all play.
  • There was a time when RP and conflict weren't mutually exclusive. :(

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:
    There was a time when RP and conflict weren't mutually exclusive. :(
    Um... they're still not? The question is about a particular -type- of RP/conflict, and the benefits of it. Disagreement on one thing doesn't mean disagreement on everything.
  • edited September 2015
    Maybe we need a new thread for this. There definitely is plenty of discussion to be had.

EDIT: The "mutually exclusive" thing was in reference to the "nature of the game" Celina mentioned. They used to be equally the nature of the game.

• Loook a thread was made for this!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Theic said:
    >Needs armor
    >Goes to guildhall
    >Finds a fullplate!

You take a suit of pale silver fullplate from a steel-ribbed weapons rack of translucent crystal.
    2940h, 2720m, 2720e, 10p, 11840en, 11840w Bex-

>Hey! Why not check out how it looks!

p fullplate
    A plating of pale silver covers the steel of this suit of armour. It is
    simple and functional in design, constructed of large metal plates set
    into a mesh of intricate chainmail, of which there are two layers,
    designed to absorb the impact of even the most deadly blow. The only
    decoration is a delicate pattern of interlocking diamonds, engraved in
    thin lines of dark iron, which contrasts with the lighter tone of the
    silver plate.
    It is about to decay.
    It weighs about 180 pounds.
    It does not retain any heat whatsoever.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Senior Officer Entrias Pavok.
    It has the following aliases: fullplate, platemail, plate, armour.

I'm not sure how that got in there, but you're welcome to message Entrias or check his shop "Aerochem" from the Halli Portals for plate or other forging.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.