the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Sylandra said:
    So... both known targets of Night one's attacks were protected one way or another night 2. Interesting.

Is that surprising?
    In that it implies some potential for coordination, I find it interesting, as independent actors would potentially overprotect one or the other of you.

I'd also theorise that Cyndarin's protection was from someone with a Victini and Ushaara's was the result of some sort of ditto or copycat/potentially unintentional.

Or I could be completely wrong.
  • She also has bad info in her post, but I'm not going to point it out.  I just happen to know it's wrong. So take that post with with a spoonful/pinch/bucket of salt. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    There are pros and cons to Melali's approach. I think Phoebus makes good points about its downsides and I think Ushaara is right that opening flavor text might be deceiving. Not about me though. I don't think that inherently makes Melali scummy for suggesting those thoughts however. It made sense yesterday, so it's not too unheard of to propose it again today. It's just today is markedly different than yesterday in that we're not trying to figure out an earthquake. I'm fine with paying close attention to Melali, but this alone isn't enough to make me convinced he's working against town.

Curious, has everyone checked in yet? The game only just started so I suspect some people haven't poked in yet, but it's hard to tell when the game goes so fast.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Talking is always a boon, yes. There's a difference between talking and giving out information though; we wouldn't want our doctor to come out just yet, for instance. Doing that would just let the scum pick everyone off at their leasure.
  • I have not yet claimed, but I may do so today because I am seriously disturbed (game wise). What has been stated thus far Re: last nightDOES NOT mesh with my own experience. I'm going to keep listening so I don't inadvertantly out one or two townies, but I'll probably write more tonight
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Iosion said:
    Not going to divulge anything other than what I have divulged. There's just no reason to put it all out there, rather than collect information quietly and revealing when it's valuable. 

I still think Melali is suspicious for repeatedly prompting this tactic. It's just giving mafia information freely, with no benefit. Conveniently, she has nothing to offer that would make her push to reveal information appear less scummy. Just seems suspicious to me.
    I thought talking was a boon to the town? But with this many killers, I see your point. Wouldn't the killers, though, also not want to state they Acted last night? (mafia logic = confusing sometimes...)
    Ok, so, think of it like this. Let's say everyone who acted says "I did something last night, but I won't say what." The innocent learn nothing useful; you aren't going to be able to pick out which of these people, if any, might have blood on their hands. The killers, however, have all the power. They learn who was out and about, and narrow down a list of potential high-value targets.
  • No problem! Though, if you do want to share, putting it in that format would make it easy to see and understand! (P.S. I'm perfectly fine with No Comment. And was fine with No Comment yesterday.)

Anyway, some points that need clarification.
    @Salome: What, exactly, did you do last night? Was that a creative way of saying you didn't do anything? Was that a power that allowed to hear someone crying?
    @Thul: Does "nothing to report" mean that you did nothing, or does that mean "no comment"?

Rolsand was poisoned and bashed over the head -> (Probably) Rolsand was poisoned on Night 1, and bashed on Night 2.
    Two people were stabbed in the back, which may or may not be the same ability/person. Two people had Victory Star, which is the same power for sure.
    On Night 2: there were 4 kill attempts, 3 protection actions, 1 jailing

Possibilities
    Pokemon/Trainer that can copy other Pokemon's ability, like Ditto (Ditto, Copy Alice's Pokemon's power on Bob.)
    Pokemon/Trainer that can have someone use their ability twice. (Pokemon, use Double-Action Power on Me.)
  • I feel like if Rolsand was poisoned the first night, he would have gotten message about it and probably would have mentioned it to us, seeing as he told us everything else. I don't think the poison was referencing a delayed kill.
    Lehki said:
    I feel like if Rolsand was poisoned the first night, he would have gotten message about it and probably would have mentioned it to us, seeing as he told us everything else. I don't think the poison was referencing a delayed kill.
    Is it typical for poison to get announced like that? Wouldn't that kind of spoil some of the benefits of a delayed kill? I'm not really ready to discount it as a possibility just yet.
    Phoebus said:
    Lehki said:
    I feel like if Rolsand was poisoned the first night, he would have gotten message about it and probably would have mentioned it to us, seeing as he told us everything else. I don't think the poison was referencing a delayed kill.
    Is it typical for poison to get announced like that? Wouldn't that kind of spoil some of the benefits of a delayed kill? I'm not really ready to discount it as a possibility just yet.

Happened last game. Not sure if that's standard practice though.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    It's also entirely possible that there was a clue to it, and Rolsand just didn't pick up on it because it didn't seem immediately obvious. Let us not forget the importance of lettuce.
  • Sylandra said:
    Salome said:
    I spent a quiet night reading up on my pokedex, it's been really hard trying to bridge the gap on how I fit in with everyone else on the train. I got a little bit confused coming in, so my pokemon and I have been working on that. She doesn't like being cooped up, so maybe we can get out of the event during the day. I didn't see anyone, but I did hear something when I was sleeping. I think it was someone crying, I can't be sure. Sad about our losses though, even if Rolsand's power was dangerous.

Can I ask why you feel your role doesn't "fit in"?
    Oh, just that I had to do some research and I missed up a little bit. My message at day was that I wasn't very helpful.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Phoebus said:
    Lehki said:
    It was announced in the Night Vale game, which is admittedly the only one of these I've followed before this one. Though true we can't discount anything yet really, but I'm still leaning towards it not being a delayed kill.
    Lehki said:
    Phoebus said:
    Lehki said:
    It was announced in the Night Vale game, which is admittedly the only one of these I've followed before this one. Though true we can't discount anything yet really, but I'm still leaning towards it not being a delayed kill.
    I could go either way on it, honestly. The reason I'm suspicious of delayed kill in particular is that I can't help but be curious if instead of every aggressive action somehow being interrupted on night one, one did get through, and we just didn't realize it. :-?
  • It would make sense for there to be a poisoner, i.e. Poison type. I can't find any evidence on whether or not a poison message is usual or not...but it's implied that it should be accompanied by a message because it's intended to draw out actions because the target theoretically has a day and/or night left.

Unannounced poison is just mean.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
    @Weiwae and @Ileein haven't checked in yet have they? @Silvanus also hasn't but he's on another time zone so that's less surprising. I know the game only just started up again but since we know day jailing is a thing, I want to pay attention to who's not posting as much as who is posting.
    Daraius said:
  • Phoebus said:
    Lehki said:
    Phoebus said:
    Lehki said:
    I could go either way on it, honestly. The reason I'm suspicious of delayed kill in particular is that I can't help but be curious if instead of every aggressive action somehow being interrupted on night one, one did get through, and we just didn't realize it. :-?
    Hrm, I COULD see somebody targetting Rolsand the first night for being Rolsand, and then one of Vigs offing him n2, not knowing he was about to die anyway...

I still feel like the poison would have gotten some kind of message and Rolsand would have mentioned it in his attempt to tell us everything he knew
  • "attempt" is a really nice way to put it, @Lehki. I would've used "before he text-vomited all the information and misinformation he wanted to get out"...
  • I believe we are also waiting to hear from @Synkarin, @Cen and @Kalaneya
    Iosion said:
    It would make sense for there to be a poisoner, i.e. Poison type. I can't find any evidence on whether or not a poison message is usual or not...but it's implied that it should be accompanied by a message because it's intended to draw out actions because the target theoretically has a day and/or night left.

Unannounced poison is just mean.
    Hmm, that makes sense. Still, it could've possibly been announced by seemingly inconsequential flavor text that was actually of great import. We were specifically warned of such things. Lettuce! I'd suggest everyone go and scan over their flavor from the night again, just to be sure nothing was missed.
  • Yeah, no one envies the equivalent of "The Teletubby Mystery Club" you have to read to get caught up.
  • Though perhaps more pertinent to this immediate conversation, I was attacked by Sylveon and am currently filled with dread
  • Lehki said:
    Melali said:
    The train was supposed to reach town yesterday, but "the delay from the Magnitude...", (implying that Rolsand was the one who set of the quake on Night 1). 
    I don't see how that implies we knew Rolsand did the Earthquake anymore that what we already knew did. The Earthquake we saw Rolsand try to initiate was blocked, so since he was able to use it during the day, that probably means he wasn't the one that did it at night. I know with my pokemon power it says it can only be used once each night/day cycle.
    What implies it is the fact that the Champion called the move Magnitude. Also, Rolsand's Sandshrew's move was also called Magnitude. It is also possible that there are two separate Pokemon on this train who know the same move Magnitude, but I doubt it. Also, it's possible that the first Day/Night counted as one turn, and the next Day counted as another turn. Also, Tremula made notice that, with no cooldown, it was implied that you can only do it once per turn after Rolsand already used his Magnitude.
    Not going to divulge anything other than what I have divulged. There's just no reason to put it all out there, rather than collect information quietly and revealing when it's valuable. 

I still think Melali is suspicious for repeatedly prompting this tactic. It's just giving mafia information freely, with no benefit. Conveniently, she has nothing to offer that would make her push to reveal information appear less scummy. Just seems suspicious to me.
    Okay. Today, I have not prompted people to divulge information. Unless you take my compilation of information already shared as a prompt, the only part of my first post today that could be construed as a prompt is Since this worked well yesterday, On N2: I used an action. My Pokemon did not use an action. I received no messages about being targeted or affected by anyone else.
    When I said, "Since this worked well yesterday", I was specifically referring to having a specific, bolded part of the post to refer to when seeing what someone says what they did. I also feel that withholding information is a valid tactic here, and that in this case it probably depends on the exact information to be useful. However, I also think that clearly indicating what one wants or doesn't want to share about their actions is important. After all, clarity helps to discover lies, and I don't know how it is the Town's interest to be confusing.
    As for what "to offer that would make [me] push to reveal information appear less scummy", for one, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. If you mean that I conveniently don't have information that makes me look like scum so that I have to reveal information that makes me look like Town, well, I'm not entirely sure how to respond to that. I do say that I can reveal information that would acquit me as Town, but I would rather not reveal that information now. After all, I wouldn't want the Mafia to target me.
    She also has bad info in her post, but I'm not going to point it out.  I just happen to know it's wrong. So take that post with with a spoonful/pinch/bucket of salt. 
    By the way, who are you referring as "she"?
  • Krackenor said:
    Though perhaps more pertinent to this immediate conversation, I was attacked by Sylveon and am currently filled with dread
    Do you mean as a mechanic? Like flavor text "dread" or are you scared of Sylveon irl?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    @Usharaa I don't remember saying I'd gotten a glimpse of anyone?

I'm inclined to beleive the 'personal invitee' is the third party messaging. I was invited by Alec personally as well, and having 3-4 in a group of 27 makes some kind of sense. If we assume 2 mafia groups of 3, plus 4 3rd party, that's 17 town. 15 if it's 4:4:4.

If so it's going to be damned tricky for me to win since I have to pair you all off before you die...

Though if anyone else wants to cop to being third party, now might be a reeeeeally good time.
  • Sylandra said:
    @Weiwae and @Ileein haven't checked in yet have they? @Silvanus also hasn't but he's on another time zone so that's less surprising. I know the game only just started up again but since we know day jailing is a thing, I want to pay attention to who's not posting as much as who is posting.
    Just FYI, I can't check forums or really do much of anything when I'm at work, which is  most of the day EST! So around now or a little later is when I usually get a chance to check in.

I'm leaning towards "only one killer" for Rolsand, since Portius saw only one visitor. That reads like vig to me. 
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • The flavor text informed me of said dread
  • I always associate Sylveon with rainbows and fluffies...this game is really shattering the chaste shield that surrounded my child-like perspective of the Pokemon world.

Digressing: @Krackenor, dayblock?