Real World Raves

Comments

• Tarkenton said:

Oh congratulations! That is wonderful news. Enjoy while she's little though. She will be the cause of much ulcers by the time she's 16, hehe.

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I have three little sisters.  One went completely psychotic when hormones were introduced.  One remained pretty much the same, just sometimes more emotional, but still like scary robot smart.  And the last one...see the first.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Tarkenton said:
     the fear of Kord
    Blue Beetle isn't scary.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Tarkenton said:
    My wife and I are having a daughter.
    My wive and I are having a daughter.
    I...I am impossibly, unbelievably happy about this.
    I am also suddenly fearing the ticking time bomb that is 13-16 years away.
    I'm going to have to get back into high school shape, finally take those aikido classes I've been meaning to get into, and spend some time every weekend at the range by my house.
    Because I am going to have a daughter.
    I'm no electrician by any means, but I've hooked my share of wires to batteries.  Maybe I should come over and help you hook up an electric fence with barbed wire on the top :P

Congrats on the upcoming daughter.
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yuna's Sending at Kilika is still one of the prettiest scenes in gaming, imho.  :x
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    There's not a lot I don't like about that game. The setting, the story, and (most of) the characters were all really well done.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Daraius said:
    Yuna's Sending at Kilika is still one of the prettiest scenes in gaming, imho.  :x
    I'm still of the opinion that the best breath taking moments and scenes come in MMOs, but for single player: Big Boss's death in MGS 4 and Thane in ME3 have to top my list, I can't sit through either without tearing up.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited March 2014
    Morkarion said:
    Daraius said:
    I'm still of the opinion that the best breath taking moments and scenes come in MMOs, but for single player: Big Boss's death in MGS 4 and Thane in ME3 have to top my list, I can't sit through either without tearing up.
    Walking into Adam Jensen's apartment for the first time ruined me, mind, body, and soul.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    For awesome scenes in a game, two words - Walking dead. Mechanics-wise it is hardly a game tbh. But man it's still so amazing. And the game is I think far better than the show.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    Ried said:
    Morkarion said:
    Daraius said:
    Walking into Adam Jensen's apartment for the first time ruined me, mind, body, and soul.
    So much of that game ruined me, when it turns out the only person you can trust is a complete asshole..

And Panchea gives me nightmares.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Daraius said:

*SPOILERS*

Yuna's sending of Sin and the aeons still tops it.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• Turnus said:
    For awesome scenes in a game, two words - Walking dead. Mechanics-wise it is hardly a game tbh. But man it's still so amazing. And the game is I think far better than the show.
    Assuming you mean the point and click adventure, I whole heartedly agree. I still haven't watched the series but omg the choices in that game. Just whoah.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I actually can't stand that game, or most (all but two) of the characters. >_>
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • http://youtu.be/AJ2-6CxvSOc

Lightning becomes a Goddess.  Awesome ending to an awesome game.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm very sad.  Went to the official find out the sex ultrasound today, and it turns out the normal baby doctor managed to miss the fact that our new baby is a boy.  Granted, the ultrasound technician made three passes before finding out, so I can't give the guy too much grief.

I'm happy with a healthy baby.  Sex doesn't matter that much.  But I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't looking forward to having a little girl.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Congrats, Tarkenton. :D
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

At least you don't have to worry about scaring young men off with a shotgun in 15 years time now.

You just need to teach your boy how to be charming and suave.. and if that fails how to duck and cover.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Could have been worse! I've had friends discover the little girl they were so eager to meet actually was a boy who was being, uhh, shy on the ultrasound. (Third time's the charm, right? ;) )

• I've been listening to this one Kylie Minogue song every day, all day since it came out on Monday.  Now I can't get it out of my head..badum-psh.

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Did the warrior dash today. It was a blast! Muddy pics maaaaay be upcoming.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Turnus said:
    Did the warrior dash today. It was a blast! Muddy pics maaaaay be upcoming.
    This isn't going to help the situation in 'Character Secrets'. Pretty sure its just going to get  you more fan boys and girls :P
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I hurt my side laughing. This is a rave because I needed a good laugh. Much love to @Morkarion and @Tacita.
  • Spent 3 days in Hell... It felt good to be back home for a bit. I still got the smell of sulfur on my skin.

Here's a picture of my favourite bath.
    Reaper of Souls is out.

See you all in a few weeks o/

• Morkarion said:
    Reaper of Souls is out.

See you all in a few weeks o/
    Likewise once I get home, though I'll still log on daily to check on things :) 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I adore rainy days.

• Lavinya said:
    I adore rainy days.
    But it's cold and wet and I want to be in bed, not at work :(