Real World Raves

Comments

• Everiine said:
    Groot in that trailer looks an awful lot like a Cyrollan from the Journeyman Project series.
    Thanks, now I can't unsee that >.=.<

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I just got curb stomped by a two and Half year old. My son will be king of the playground.
  • I love family dinner times.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Had an appointment during work hours today, so took the day off. I really needed that extra time for myself. Got some productive things done in addition to relaxing and going to my appointment.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Jazzzzzzzfest New Orleans! So excited to be going!

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • An evening spent largely trawling youtube and expanding my musical horizons. Started off with something I know and like (The Pretty Reckless) and gradually ended up in the realms of female fronted post-hardcore (most notably, Fit For Rivals)
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Rave: Back to university at long freakin' last tomorrow.

Rant: 9am lecture.  Gonna have to be up about 7am to head into the city.  Am not really a morning person.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Had a lovely time visiting @Aiyana and @Adrelynne this past weekend.

I'm so ready to go visit more people XD
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • I think, I discovered the best thing since the invention of instant noodles: 
    I downloaded several citable essays for my research and put them into a speed reading program. Result: I read them thrice as fast as I would normally have (probably because I was actually forced to read and didn't have time to do other things like browsing the internet...) and still managed to memorise their contents for later use. Now, I only need to actually write something...
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Week one assessment task done by Thursday! Three days to procrastinate now, woo!

• Teaching can be a thankless job, but a nice observer and a detailed report can really lift the spirits!
  • Zouviqil said:
    Took a statistics tests in a room full of accounting majors fiddling with calculators. Finished the test in 10 minutes, no calculator, Professor didn't let me leave because he wanted to grade it. 100. And what. No calculator needed here. Take THAT, accounting majors!
    HEY!  I resemble that remark!   I hated statistics and got a C+ in the class.  The lowest grade I ever received in college.

Accountants rule.
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Not the real Shikari, but fun anyways.  3v5 from the get go, and I think we could have won if we'd had two intermediate bots on our team.

• Saw Chuck Mosley live. And as if that wasn't rave enough in and of itself, I also got to share a beer with him and talk about his autobiography.

Alas, I wasn't able to do a duet with him on Chinese Arithmetic like I wanted to.

Pics (or it didn't happen):
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151915877181160.1073741831.676061159&type=1&l=c4b91b36ca
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Awesome Lusternia Meet! With @Arimisia, @Hiriako, @Scaxand @Malarious. :D<3 Trashcan dude, all I'm gonna say.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Alary said:
    Awesome Lusternia Meet! With @Arimisia, @Hiriako, @Scaxand @Malarious. :D<3 Trashcan dude, all I'm gonna say.
    Pictures or it didn't happen.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • After working weekend overtime for the past two weeks, I'm excited for my upcoming four-day weekend.
  • Alary said:
    Awesome Lusternia Meet! With @Arimisia, @Hiriako, @Scaxand @Malarious. :D<3 Trashcan dude, all I'm gonna say.
    The trash can deserved at least a first date.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Arimisia said:
    Alary said:
    No it didn't. You could say that it was....TRASHY 
  • Munsia said:
    Arimisia said:
    Alary said:
    then it desrved looked in the face! he was looking at @Alary the whole time!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited March 2014
    Munsia said:

But please don't.
  • Anyhow, letting that go, @Alary does have the ONE SINGLE picture taken and I will let her post it in her own time. I would assume it will be in the OH Meet thread part of the forum. If you wanna see it keep your eyes open for any activity there. :)

• Right, I need to go post that. Let me do that. Yeah, I failed at camera duty. I got too excited. 
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Starting College this weekend.  So excited.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• Tetra said:
    Starting College this weekend.  So excited.
    Congratulations! It's a huge step, and probably a big change, but it's a lot of fun and worth it. (Mostly.)
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • edited March 2014
    Ileein said:
    Tetra said:
    Starting College this weekend.  So excited.
    Congratulations! It's a huge step, and probably a big change, but it's a lot of fun and worth it. (Mostly.)
    Thanks! It's a huge shift but I feel really good about it, plus I get to do volunteer work in a field(social science, humanities, psychology) I want to participate in right off the bat.

There is a bittersweet irony in that part of the course involves addiction counselling-- something I most likely need myself playing Lusternia.   C'est la vie.

8-|

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• It occurred to me last week that someone I've considered one of my best friends for 3 years now is a person I would have never met if not for IRE... all in all, it hasn't been a bad addiction.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."