Real World Raves

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Tennant was awesome, but Eccleston will always be My Doctor, and I love Smith and Capaldi.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Eccleston was definitely a good doctor. Smith kinda rubbed me the wrong way though somehow, so I never really got into liking him. As for Capaldi... well, he's been good so far, but only time will tell!
  • I never got into Doctor Who, but my roommates tried to make me watch it.  They showed me the season with Eccleston.  I liked him enough, just didn't get into the show at all.

He did make a good bad guy in Gone in 60 Seconds though.
    Stangmar - Retired

• This raves for the mild weather here in the midwest! I can actually do my morning run outside, instead of cooped up inside on my treadmill. Yay weather!
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • Kurut said:
    This raves for the mild weather here in the midwest! I can actually do my morning run outside, instead of cooped up inside on my treadmill. Yay weather!
    I personally find a run in 5C with a hat and gloves on in addition to double layered clothing to be a delight. The coldness of the air in your lungs feels great. Needs proper clothing though, gloves and a hat do well, and the temps shouldn't be so low that there is ice on which you can slip. I run in rain too unless the rainapocalypse is happening. There is in fact a point at which waterproof clothing stops being that :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Few things feel quite as badass as running in the rain. By the time you're done it doesn't even really bother you that much. The worst part is always just getting out and starting (which is true in fair weather too)

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Turnus said:
    Few things feel quite as badass as running in the rain. By the time you're done it doesn't even really bother you that much. The worst part is always just getting out and starting (which is true in fair weather too)
    Yeah, I've been struggling again lately. I was going to make up for it today but then I ended up staying awake until 5am. But tomorrow is another day, and if I go then, it'll still be better than waiting longer :)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Our closest "real" theater ran a Hobbit movie marathon today. My wife and I had Mexican for lunch and arrived at the theater at 12:45 pm. We sat through An Unexpected Journey and The Desolation of Smaug, and then the premiere of the Battle of the Five Armies. After a drive-thru stop at McDonald's, we got home at 10:15 pm.

Best. Day Off. Ever.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Eating a mexican lunch before spending 9 hours in a movie theater.  You are courageous.
    Stangmar - Retired

A bigger problem was all the Coke I was drinking during the movies. It was a mad rush to the bathroom after the first two, and I actually got up during the third (but because of pacing, I didn't actually miss anything).

• I have repeatedly failed to learn my lesson about movie refreshments.  I often get the large popcorn/soda combo.  All that coke(and caffeine being a diuretic) and fiber cause a real disturbance in my gut.  Then I sit there and torture myself by not wanting to get up and miss any of the movie.

However....you can miss 30 minutes of an LOTR/Hobbit film and not miss anything. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Stangmar said:
    I have repeatedly failed to learn my lesson about movie refreshments.  I often get the large popcorn/soda combo.  All that coke(and caffeine being a diuretic) and fiber cause a real disturbance in my gut.  Then I sit there and torture myself by not wanting to get up and miss any of the movie.

However....you can miss 30 minutes of an LOTR/Hobbit film and not miss anything. 
    "Hey, what'd I miss?"

"They were walking. And there was some singing."

"I was gone for twenty minutes."

"Yep."
  • Don't forget that Twin Towers was 60% Sam & Frodo's will they/won't they scenes.
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Try the RunPee app?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    They advertised that app before the movie, actually! No, I was gone for about 2 minutes, tops, and ended up missing one small action bit. If I'd left in the previous 20 minutes, I wouldn't have missed anything.

• This about sums up things atm :)
    The playa you love to hate
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Less than 48 hours to go until I check myself in at the airport and start making my way to spend 17 days with my g/f and her family for christmas and new years ^_^  (also got a 4 and a half hour layover in Honolulu, decent amount of time to try to get some photos of the scenery before I catch my connecting flight)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Ooh, there's a TV adaption of that one? Sounds... interesting, at least!
  • Radio adaption.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    After about a month of work, we're finally moved into our new house, just in time for family visiting and Christmas

Here's to hoping my next move is far in the future

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    After about a month of work, we're finally moved into our new house, just in time for family visiting and Christmas

Here's to hoping my next move is far in the future
    After moving 6 times in the last 7 years, I feel the same way.

• To caffeine, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's headaches.
    Stangmar - Retired

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My schedule this week is work Monday and tuesday, paid days off for Wednesday and Thursday. Same for next week. Wooooo!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • 128 cookies and four loaves of eggnog bread down. Good for a first quarter of a day. Actually excited for tomorrow - I'll have time to bake all day!

Also, the use of blood orange italian soda in an icing works amazingly (minus the whole "I had to spend like an hour thickening it up because I used too much soda" part), and I am glad I thought of it.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Last final.

Last class.

Last semester.

WOOOOOO!
  • My upstairs neighbour, with whom I've had several disagreements due (to noise to the point where the police was called and said I was in the right), left me a box of chocolates on my doorstep today. In the recent week I've rescued her cat after it snuck out of her apartment as she went to work, and today I accepted an oversized and expensive package for her because despite everything I try and be a good person. And I was home anyway :P It seems that has paid off though. I'll consider it a peace offering.

... just hoping, possibly vainly, that the treadmill which was in the package will not lead to more noise complaints. I told her though I can hear her walk about on socks, and that I know from the gym how those things are, so to please be considerate about when to use it. I too hate moving, but I may have to subject myself to it somewhere in the coming year for the sake of my sanity. Cheap living here sure, but with my contract set to renew in March 2016 I think it may be time to GTFO. I've basically lasted this long because I didn't want to pay the fine that comes with moving within the first 3 year. It's a new building, so this totally isn't what I was expecting, but it seems the landlords are pretty much white collar criminals. Learned a bunch from all this though, so hopefully if I move it will be to somewhere better.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    So I got pulled over for essentially moving with the flow of traffic (there's a two block section along the main drag on the way home where the speed limit mysteriously dips from 50 to 40 for no specified reason - should have been paying more attention, it's a common roosting spot)...

... and once more, no ticket. I'm starting to feel like there is genuinely some manner and method to this process.