Real World Raves

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2014
    Maligorn said:

my puppy siberean husky

Uh, gonna have to demand you post pics of this.

And on a related note, @Maellio... I believe we had a deal. :-w
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    my puppy siberean husky
    Uh, gonna have to demand you post pics of this. And on a related note, @Maellio... I believe we had a deal. :-w
    I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about... unrelatedly... I left my... videotapes in the oven... 

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    There is this wonderful feeling that comes from teaching someone, and having them follow the steps you've laid out and make the rest of the steps without direction to figure out and learn what you were hoping they would. And being able to share in that moment with someone close to me has made me very happy.
  • And then they log off forever, never to be seen again. Oh wait, this is real world raves. :D

• using Postscript: I have a decent multiple inheritance system.  My PS interpreter isn't fully complete (and since it's implemented in .Net I guess it should be called Iron Postscript), but it searches the dict stack correctly.  If one places their object graph here, one has next to no troubles with resolving overloads/overrides.  I am happy!

Next stop: templates, instantiations, and synonyms so I can rig up my binder (yeah, you know who you are if you understand what I said).
    </RANT>
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited January 2015
    I snogged a -really- cute boy at midnight last night! I'm not even a little hung over. <_<

*headache intensifies*
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Congrats to @Tremula.

Last night I kissed my wife at midnight.  I am happy.

Earlier today I made some more progress in my Iron Postscript runtime.  It should be able to interpret Poscript files just fine (caveat: I've no intention of implementing any of the graphics operators, or even the showpage operator), and I should be able to compile as well.  The back-end is .Net, so rather than going through the interpreter as a run time I should just be able to System.Reflection.Emit a binary after static analysis.  I am happy.

Just an hour ago the toddler up-ended a bottle of beer on work-issued laptop.  After draining it out, and then thoroughly wicking the seams with a paper towel (which took forever), she fired up just fine! I am happy.
    </RANT>
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Stopped using nicotine in my e-cigs about a week ago. On the plus side - yay, no more nicotine... hopefully move on to stop using any kind of smoking (electronic or otherwise) in a month or two. On the negative side - anger management therapy right out the door... and starting to feel the withdrawal symptoms already. Going to be a tough one to weather out, I feel.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Implementing the ``bind'' operator was a LOT easier than I expected! The nicest thing about Delegates in .Net? All the power of function pointers w/o any of the hassle of function pointers.  So ``/foo {...} def'' and ``/foo {...} bind def'' both work as expected (Language Level 3 compliant).  I am happy.

I'm working out some typological operators for the systemdict so I'll be able to get a decent ``is'' operator rather than searching the object graph explicitly.  This is all on paper (not yet implemented at all) because I'm still not 100% happy with my inheritance system just yet so this is all on paper.  I'll know in a few hours if I'm onto something good or a dead-end, and I won't have time to implement any of this until next weekend but I'm still happy.

Taking the toddler out for a drive before delivering him to his grandmother's house for the afternoon.  He'll probably sleep for 45 minutes which means I can park at the lake and listen to Npr in silence while he naps.  I am happy.

I'm going to the tavern while the toddler plays with his grandmother.  I am happy.
    </RANT>
  • I take it you're happy then? :D
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Mmmm, ultra high quality Skyrim... *drool*

Now, don't forget to visit Skyrim Nexus and download a bunch of mods that will make the epicness that is Skyrim EVEN BETTER.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Yes please. Any recommendations?
    I used to make cakes.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'll PM you a list of my favorites (I'm in LotRO right now and can't check >.>).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Finally saw The Interview last night.  effing hilarious.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I just woke up an hour ago.

I had been having trouble sleeping. Before my rest, I had been averaging 3 hours a sleep a night, max.

I just slept for 18 hours straight. Thanks, body. Let's see if I can get back into a normal sleep schedule now!
  • https://www.dropbox.com/s/lunzqped4qpgnbf/addons.png

I actually get asked about my addons so much I keep a screenshot on hand. Forum isn't allowing me to embed it so you are going to have to click. Don't recommend alternate start for new players, it's more to add flavour to future runs. Most of these are utility, frostfall might want to skip at first too because that adds more realism. Cloaks are an absolute must (together with the belt arrows to avoid clipping) because cloaks, duh! Also patched because lolbugs everywhere.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited January 2015
    Drocilla said:
    Daraius said:
    Yes please. Any recommendations?
    @Darvellan should weigh in. If I recall, last time he set his Skyrim up so hardcore, he almost died in the starter area. 
    I actually just did this last week, and I'm not sure how close I was to starving/thirsting/freezing to death(in the starter area), but I was super weak and my mana wasn't regenerating until I ate/drank/got-warm. I did die later at an inn for eating six bits of slightly stale raw salmon. And much later, I passed out from being so frozen, but I didn't die (A couple of travellers happened upon me apparently and picked me up, but they were headed for Falkreath which was waaaaaaaay away from where I was and wanted to be. They also took some of my gold.).

I used http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/1ttgm1/comprehensive_list_of_the_best_mods_for_skyrim/ for my mods. You definitely want SKSE and the Nexus Mod Manager, as well as all the unofficial patches (Skyrim, Dawnguard, etc). If you don't have the Dawnguard, etc DLC, you should seriously consider getting them. I also highly highly highly suggest SkyUI and SkyrimRedone. The latter especially, as it modifies *everything* and makes it more realistic. The perk system is better I find and arrows are much deadlier, both giving and receiving.

For realism, I went with Frostfall and iNeed, with another two or three skipping my mind.

I think I have 40+ mods installed, if you want the list I can message it to you. Otherwise, just anything on that reddit page or catches your fancy at the Nexus site.

[Edited for grammar.]
    [Edit]: Caveat for the Nexus Mod Manager, you need to both download and install the mods, as it doesn't automatically install them when you download.
  • edited January 2015
    Darvellan said:
    I actually just did this last week, and I'm not sure how close I was to starving/thirsting/freezing to death(in the starter area), but I was super weak and my mana wasn't regenerating until I ate/drank/got-warm. I did die later at an inn for eating six bits of slightly stale raw salmon. And much later, I passed out from being so frozen, but I didn't die (A couple of travellers happened upon me apparently and picked me up, but they were headed for Falkreath which was waaaaaaaay away from where I was and wanted to be. They also took some of my gold.).

I used http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/1ttgm1/comprehensive_list_of_the_best_mods_for_skyrim/ for my mods. You definitely want SKSE and the Nexus Mod Manager, as well as all the unofficial patches (Skyrim, Dawnguard, etc). If you don't have the Dawnguard, etc DLC, you should seriously consider getting them. I also highly highly highly suggest SkyUI and SkyrimRedone. The latter especially, as it modifies *everything* and makes it more realistic. The perk system is better I find and arrows are much more deadly, both giving and receiving.

For realism, I went with Frostfall and iNeed, with another two or three skipping my mind.

I think I have 40+ mods installed, if you want the list I can message it to you. Otherwise, just anything on that reddit page or catches your fancy at the Nexus site.
    Should note that SkyRe's author started and released a new mod meant to replace Skyrim Redone. Perkus Maximus. Still a bit buggy, but worth looking at, and he recommends adding either SkyRe's combat module or Deadly Combat to pull the realism in combat back in.

Nexus Mod Manager, I've actually stopped using myself in favour of Mod Organizer. Bit harder to get used to, but has several advantages (including mod profiles and not actually storing stuff in your data folder). The S.T.E.P. Wiki has a few tutorials on how to use it there, and I believe Gopher (whose videos you might see from time to time on the front page of NexusMods) has video tutorials on the subject as well.

Can't give enough love for Frostfall, though, and am somewhat saddened the author discontinued their work on Last Seed. iNeed is good too.

From that list, really have to recommend Deadly Dragons because you should not have a harder time killing a bear than a dragon. iHUD and Quality World Map are essentials for me at this point as well.

EDIT: Typos everywhere!
  • That's some hardcore way to play Skyrim. Never played the DLCs so when I get around to it in the far-off future where work deadlines don't loom over me, I will certainly try @Rialorm's and @Darvellan's suggestions. Sounds like it will be hilarious.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    SkyUI is listed in that Reddit link.  I highly recommend it (it does require the Skyrim Script Extender mentioned above), or at the very least one of the other UI replacements.  Skyrim's built in UI just feels clunky to me, and the new UIs can add a lot of features.
  • @Darvellan making me feel like a filthy casual ... I like you already <3 I'd love to do proper realism playthrough sometimes. Alas, my Steam backlog is good for the next 3-4 years of gaming at my current completion rate, so that will have to wait a bit.

I have a problem, I know.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've played plenty of Skyrim on PS3. Now I'm gonna really play it.

Secondary rave for Friends holding up pretty darn well even 20 years later. Especially compared to the tripe that passes for multi-cam sitcoms these days. <3
    I used to make cakes.

• Drocilla said:
    That's some hardcore way to play Skyrim. Never played the DLCs so when I get around to it in the far-off future where work deadlines don't loom over me, I will certainly try @Rialorm's and @Darvellan's suggestions. Sounds like it will be hilarious.
    The DLCs in Skyrim are totally worth it. :) Dragonborn is best if you've been an Elder Scrolls fan for a while, that one is pretty much a nod to Morrowind wherever you care to look.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."