Real World Raves

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Finally watched the last 5 or so Doctor Who episodes, including the Christmas special. Headaches in my temples are now on my list of things to be deathly afraid of, just like statues of angels, shadows, and random hashmarks on my arms.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Don't forget things under your bed, mausoleums, and people in gas masks. And anything that looks older than your great grandmother. But not the moon.
  • Later today I get released and get to spend a whole day outside of the hospital! A whopping day, before I go back tomorrow for more outpatient therapy. It never ends!

But today I'm going to try to spend some time with my Lusty peeps. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    I just discovered the group Two Steps from Hell, which specializes in producing theatrical trailer music. I now have my new favorite Lusternia music :D .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Everiine said:
    I just discovered the group Two Steps from Hell, which specializes in producing theatrical trailer music. I now have my new favorite Lusternia music :D .
    Take a listen to E.S. Posthumus as well.
    I already owned "Unearthed" and "Cartographer" >.>

• edited January 2015
    Daraius said:
    So my strategy for dealing with that surprise debt from a few years ago has basically been to ignore it, since it's unsecured and the statute of limitations has passed on it. I researched my options and started saving for the possibility that I would have to pay a pretty big chunk of cash to finally get it erased, and today, after about six months of silence from any of the four or so collectors that have been volleying this account around, they sent me a settlement offer that's about exactly the figure I was expecting to open the negotiations with. It's a horrific amount of money to drop all at once, but it's not going to hurt my finances, just set me back a little more in my aspirations of home ownership. So my rave is that it's looking likely I can soon be completely free of the specters of my cosigner's bankruptcy.
    If the statute of limitations has passed, why give them a penny? If you don't give them anything, and don't agree to give them anything, from my understanding, once you pass the statute of limitations, you don't owe them anything.

Also, don't ever ever ever ever cosign for anything (as I'm sure you know now, but for anyone else reading, useful advise maybe).
  • Acrune said:
    Daraius said:
    So my strategy for dealing with that surprise debt from a few years ago has basically been to ignore it, since it's unsecured and the statute of limitations has passed on it. I researched my options and started saving for the possibility that I would have to pay a pretty big chunk of cash to finally get it erased, and today, after about six months of silence from any of the four or so collectors that have been volleying this account around, they sent me a settlement offer that's about exactly the figure I was expecting to open the negotiations with. It's a horrific amount of money to drop all at once, but it's not going to hurt my finances, just set me back a little more in my aspirations of home ownership. So my rave is that it's looking likely I can soon be completely free of the specters of my cosigner's bankruptcy.
    If the statute of limitations has passed, why give them a penny? If you don't give them anything, and don't agree to give them anything, from my understanding, once you pass the statute of limitations, you don't owe them anything.

Also, don't ever ever ever ever cosign for anything (as I'm sure you know now, but for anyone else reading, useful advise maybe).
    Useful, but sometimes useless. Sometimes you really don't have any other options than to cosign. Sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Well, it was a student loan, for me, and the cosigner was my mom. It shouldn't have been wrapped up in her bankruptcy claim, but for whatever reason it was, and by the time I ever even knew about it the account was in collections. Thankfully, it's literally the last piece of debt I own, so once it's gone I can look towards putting myself in debt for another 15-30 years with a mortgage.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Gosh I just discovered the Xenoblade Chronicles soundtrack and it's hitting a lot of my buttons. Why did they only make like five copies of that game to sell in the states?!
    I used to make cakes.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Bad days can be made 100% better by game-related things. Those two descriptions appearing for the font and prayer beads have made me endlessly happy. I can't wait to go to sleep later, knowing I'll rest well. I suppose I'm pretty simple for getting so happy over it, but wow, I'm happy.
  • I just bet my job on the outcome of the current project at work.  Either I'll be unemployed by the time of the ascension, or I'll be enjoying vacation plus pay-raise.

I'm going to double-post this.
    </RANT>
  • Uncluttering and reorganizing your living space is so therapeutic. And it may net me some money too. Also have a bunch of things that can go to charity. This will make keeping the place clean easier too, when everything actually fits within the closets so it isn't standing in your way and gathering dust on it to boot.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • New keyboard. Unfortunately, the SO is getting annoyed with it because it's a mechanical switch keyboard from Razer, and they're quite noisy. Still, quite a happee, considering it was half off!
    Lavinya said:
    I finally hit level 30 in LoL, happy day!
    Now to buy two sets of runes!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Lavinya said:
    Me too!

And now...yeah. Runes. Sucks that I've spent essentially all of my IP on champs until now.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:
    Lavinya said:
    Me too!

And now...yeah. Runes. Sucks that I've spent essentially all of my IP on champs until now.
    I'm working on a Gangplank rune set for just-in-case I get him in ARAM. Crit Damage %+ runes, all of 'em.

I'm a terrible person.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yeah runes. Hnnnnngh. More Aram where no one cares if my build sucks, hurrah!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Add me! Siddister, @Neos‌ won't play aram with me

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Archer's back. Y'all should catch up on it ASAGDMFP. :D
    I used to make cakes.

• I have successfully finished decluttering every bit of my apartment, which is a project that has been sitting on my todo list for the year and a half since I've lived here. Now I had a few boxes of stuff to sell, and some others with broken stuff to donate to the recycle store. It's pretty nice to have an exact mental inventory of what you own. There's a few things that can do with further optimizing, but I'm glad the first pass is over.

Also found a job board for NGO jobs today. I selected two I will apply for. Neither are IT jobs, and their salaries are non-negotiable, but after speaking to my dad about it I feel confident it could be a great career move. I can still to IT stuff with my side business. And having a less stressful job which makes me feel like I am making a productive contribution to society should impact my feelings positively. Some might think me a quitter or making a foolish move, but if every time you take on a job you grow miserable to the point of depression, well, that just isn't worth it. And if I don't get in on these, well I know where to look for such jobs now.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited January 2015
    May 12. Rush's R40 tour. Yesssssss.

EDIT: Five days after Kamelot too I cannot wait for May omg.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Synkarin said:
    Add me! Siddister, @Neos‌ won't play aram with me
    ARAMs dum.

Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    ARAM or bust! That random invite by the hot-sounding chick is me, @Synkarin

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Everiine said:
    Bit late, I know, but...

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I will play every game mode, except ARAM. Only time I stepped onto Howling Abyss was during Poro King.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Lavinya said:
    Yeah runes. Hnnnnngh. More Aram where no one cares if my build sucks, hurrah!
    Should ARAM together sometimes. :P

Ellianshia

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    My GP's official obits were published, and we set the date for the memorial, for next month, I'm speaking as part of it.

This is a rave, because I'm seriously honored to speak at his memorial. He was a secret badass, whose circle of friends included nobel laureates (some of whom he mentored), CIA directors, and people like Carl Sagan (they used to have dinner parties together all the time). He grew up, son of a woman who taught in a one-room-school house in east Texas nowhere, worked hard, got a PhD, was professor at MIT for years and at Rice. It's becoming more clear that in a lot of ways, he held the extended family together, and kept a lot of shit from hitting the fan - not just in his own immediate life, but in mine too. Basically my whole life story worked, through all the stupidity and mistakes, because of this one guy. We're unsure how things will work, especially with my... difficult grandmother, now that he's gone. I only knew him for a quarter of his life, but damn, what a run.