Real World Raves

Comments

• Symphony X's Underworld, and Steven WIlson's Hand. Cannot. Erase, in arbitrary order.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Rancoura said:
     Dragonforce 
    I struggle watching them live anymore, I remember the Valley of the Damned and Sonic Firestorm tours where they would play infront of 50-100 people, then when Inhuman Rampage came out and the Roadrunner Label pushed them hard, you were suddenly lost in a crowd of several thousand.

Between that, band drama, lineup changes and the new stuff really not hitting home, I've drifted from them. Kamelot however I was worried about post Khan, I am not worried about anymore. The new album sounds amazing.
  • I've been interviewed by a TV station for a show called Animal Outtakes.  I'm excited, honored, and mortified at the same time.  Anxiety abounds!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Were you mistaken for an animal!?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Mistaken?  No.  I'm aslaran IRL.

• Can't deny it... I enjoy the fact that my coworkers seem to believe that asking me for the answer to a question is faster and just as accurate as looking it up in the keys.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I enjoyed my time at Mackinac Island. The conference was mostly a bomb, but I got to see some old classmates and friends I haven't seen in years, and it was Mackinac Island. So overall, a worthwhile trip.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @alic Glad to hear that he's going to make it :-D
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • On the subject of new albums, New Order just released their 10th album. Feels a bit weird without Hook's influence, but it is still brilliant regardless.
  • Not sure if this goes in the ``Real World Gripes'' forum:

I still recall, to this very day, even though it has been such an incredibly long time since.  I remember going into the Computer Lap at University, cracking open a fresh beer (I was underage, but what was the ``lab tech'' going to do against a Non-Traditional Student Who Happens To Be A Military Veteran) and logging into my first Mud Other Than Bartle's Mud2.

In other news? My wife is totally rockx0ring both the Casbah and the House regarding a Gis operation at work, and the client is thankful for my ``continued management and oversight''.  Some days it just plain works out when you fire all the ``Program Managers'' and let the Technical Lean become the ``account man''.  Yes, life is pretty darn good.

Now if I could just fit in more Lusternia then Life would be perfect.

</RANT>
  • Stratas said:
    I'm not usually one for liking RL Glomstuff (that I get excited over a rainstorm has more to do with being Californian and thus surprised EVERY TIME it happens) but gorram if there wasn't a real live murder of crows in my backyard this morning. There were about 40 of them on the utility wires in the alley, flying off one or two at a time to the trees in my backyard. There was also a very, very pissed off blue jay continually scolding them for coming in its trees. And every time (so about every minute or so) the whole murder would respond what I assume was bird laughter. 40 crows cawing all at once, repeatedly, is very, very noisy.

I should have been more upset, since it was 6:30 am or so, but it was actually kindof awesome to see so many at once.
    So you're saying the blue jay was Serenwilde?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Lindahl, Modrich and Sancar won the nobel prize in Chemistry for elucidating mechanisms of DNA repair! http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/chemistry/laureates/2015/press.html Long time coming and very well deserved.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Got to help two friends celebrate their marriage today. Great fun was had by all!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The Adventure Zone podcast is making me really want to play D&D for the first time. But I don't know any excellent storycrafters who are also really into math and paperwork.  :|
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Blowing off social engagements can be an instant stress-reliever. I've done so many chores while home alone, and been so much more focused. It's lovely. Highly recommend.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Rancoura said:
    Kamelot's new album, Haven. I can't even... I don't... I have not heard an indubitable masterpiece like this in years. I'm in ecstasy.

Single off the album featuring the amazing (and Canadian!) Alissa White-Gluz.

I went out and bought this the other day. I am not remotely disappointed, on any track. Woo for great artists these days. I didn't think anyone was making music like this anymore.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Now go see them live!  ;)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Unexpectedly learned that I'm getting much better at freehand drawing. Maybe some day I'll actually make a serious attempt at an Artisanal.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• New book day. Shiny new book.
  • Rant: My 17 year old rolling deathtrap decided to cut its own brakes after I already spent more than it's worth on repairs. Thankfully, the malevolent bastard is senile and did it while it was parked outside my apartment and not when I was on the freeway (which has happened before...)

Related rave: New (used) car!
  • Strange but true: the combined effects of marijuana, monkey tranquilizer, methaqualone, black tar heroine, and cocaine cut with chat are not at all considered salutary on my judgment.  Particularly the toad sweat and peyote enemas.

On the bright side, I and Mrs. Delphas have been ``smoke-free'' for several weeks now.

</RANT>
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited October 2015
    Kethaera said:
    Unexpected date with a coworker... we talked about math. A lot of math.
    Hilary Duff knows your feels.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm stepping off the PC master race highground and buying a PS4.

Soon fallout, my precious little Fallout 4 will be here.