Real World Raves

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Awesome man, congrats!
  • I finally gave in to my mother's pressure and set up a birthday party plan; I hadn't planned on it because I don't have a whole lot of local friends. So I picked a restaurant and a time for people to come, and then whoever wants to can come back to my house for drinking and revelry.  Made a FB group and just told it to invite everyone I'm friends with.  Within five minutes of putting it up, several people confirmed they were coming, including some I haven't seen in years!  So excited now!

Things have been pretty great lately.  I haven't been able to say that in almost a decade. More than just the birthday party, it's so nice to stop and realize I haven't had a bad day in a week; a few years ago having a good day was unheard of.   meds+dog=happiness  

• How much I enjoy this:

Mainly because my shop is like that. Today I just noticed the first commit it 14 hours ago, and the text says "As a project drags on".

Also, playing with the comment box.

• Super excited for my job interview later today.  Hope I get it!
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Had an impromptu lunch/first time meet with @Vasnier who was right down the street from me! Now on to the interview!!
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Filed and cleared out some financial documents lying around. Gods, I feel so much more organised now.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Only a few more days until Kamelot.  :D

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Finally got back my results for my last paper today...

Got a pass ^^ I am officially ready to graduate in 3 weeks!
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I don't mean to brag or nothing, but last night I cooked the greatest beef stew I've ever made. I can't wait to eat it for lunch!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    DIXIE CHICKS ARE GOING ON TOUR OMMMMG
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances

SOON.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    many raves for awesome hiking trip. Not so raves for now feeling like an old hag. Not getting up unless I need to.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I have joined the PS4 Masterrace, and picked up Fallout 4. I'll see you guys in 2017.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• Aeldra said:
    many raves for awesome hiking trip. Not so raves for now feeling like an old hag. Not getting up unless I need to.
    Ooo, where'd you go?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Talan Just along the local trail close to the mountains. It was rather awesome but a little longer then anticipated and also hadn't quite planned for this many ups and downs. Body's telling me 'hey, you, remember those muscles? you didn't use them in a while'. ;)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited November 2015
    Shaddus said:
    I have joined the Glorious PC Master Race, and picked up Fallout 4. I'll see you guys in 2017.

Fixed that for you >_>
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I don't know if this is a rant or a rave, honestly.  Very conflicted about it.  But...

I wrote a thing the other night about my struggle with my bipolar and how I've changed since the beginning.  I was just shy of crying while I wrote it.  I didn't think it was going to amount to anything, I just have to get my emotions out somehow.  It did, however, come out good.  I've reread it twice now and fixed up a little bit of grammar and wording in places, but that's about it.  I feel a lot better since I've written it, like I've been able to let go of a lot of memories that have hurt me.  Anyways, now I have this 2.5 page "story" and I don't know what to do with it.  I feel like I should share it somewhere, maybe it'll help someone else in the future, I just.. don't know.  I'm starting to feel very self-conscious about it.  I pretty much stripped down bare in it.  But I did the right thing in putting it on paper.

• I will be in Boston again on Friday, December 4th for those of you that are interested ( @Lisaera here's your advance notice!).  I have another job interview. Wish me luck!
    --------
    --------
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I went on a date with someone and they told me they don't drink alcohol. Naturally, I was horrified and ran away screaming.

We're on our 4th date. LOOK AT ME BEING MATURE AND SHIT.

Celebratory shots! Oh wait, nevermind.
  • I just spent two hours putting Christmas lights on my dog's vest.  Ignoring the fact that it's easier to stare at the sun than witness the brightness of these lights, it looks fantastic.  I'll have pictures of him up soonish.  Probably tomorrow, assuming I remember.  But.  Either way.  He looks like a colorful sun walking around.  I love it.

edited December 2015
    This was last week, but @Ieptix, @Baelor, @Riluna, these are for you!

My phone camera skills are shoddy at best, so enjoy some video stills instead.

I don't usually fangirl over bands, but damn. I was less than four feet from the stage and my head is still at that concert. And I got a copy of the setlist off the stage. And bought a signed photograph. And my partner caught one of Casey's custom drumsticks for me. I am happy.

Also if you are a fan and Kamelot is playing somewhere in a 2-hour road trip radius from you, SEE THEM. Their performance was unreal.

Before an earthly flight

Also although I'm not particularly a fan, Dragonforce put on a hell of a show as well. They know how to deliver, that's for sure!

Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:

Also if you are a fan and Kamelot is playing somewhere in a 2-hour road trip radius from you, SEE THEM. Their performance was unreal.

Psh, two hour radius? I made an eight hour drive to Chicago for their Silverthorn tour back in 2013, and it was totally worth it. Even still, so very glad they hit my state for the first round of the Haven tour. Much preferred the 40 minute light rail trip into the city (with the venue on the same block as one of the stations, even!) to the 16 hours I spent in the car that day.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.