Real World Raves

Comments

• @Rancoura I just moved away from Vegas six months ago. :(

Still best album of the year, IMHO.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I've been out-fanned :(

My trip was a five-hour round trip, but I am seriously considering flying to Florida to see them again in April...

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My cousin and I, in high school, took a train from Chicago to Spokane to go to our favorite game franchise's little headquarters for a gathering. Best 36 hours on a train each way I've ever done.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    And since I don't know where to put this:

Why you shouldn't mess with Serenwilde.

Yes, I know it's an urban legend, but it's still awesome.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Related to the above:

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    My niece thinks Gollum's name is Goblin Precious. I love it. 
  • I had to go to the hospital at like 4am, so I'm not totally conscious and in a lot of pain.  They figured out what was wrong swiftly and got it taken care of, so I'm all good.  Registration comes in and I go "Do I have a copay to do now, or are you mailing it?" and she responds that we're looking at that now.  She pulls up my account and tells me my copay is $400 (367eu).  I came very, very close to freaking out, saying I thought my copay was $100 (92eu).  She took me to her office to double check everything and is like "Oh, okay, don't worry about it.  You've met your out-of-pocket for the year, so the visit is free."  Thank.  God.  I was already so worried about paying the $100 that I was on the edge of flipping out.

Yes, euro people and Canadians, it would be fantastic to have free healthcare.

• Double-post.

We were giving Greenies to my dog to help his breath from being so rank.  They did really well, but they're so expensive we tried to go another route: we bought Milkbones.  They did just fine for awhile, and so I ordered a 14 lb (6kg) box of them before I finished the first box.

He started getting potty problems, so after a talk with the vet, I decided to test things he was eating that may have made him sick first, before resorting to $160 (147 eu) bloodwork.  Stopped giving him Milkbones, and in about a week or so, the problem cleared up.

So now I have this giant box of Milkbones that I can't use.  I got ahold of the company to return them, and they apologized, refunded my money, and said I can keep the box.  So now I have a giant box of free Milkbones and a smaller credit card balance.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    "What are you playing?" seems appropriate!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    That was a damn good omelette.
  • I have a Samsung Gear VR unit winging it's way to me ^____^  A bit of a early graduation 'gift' for myself (though I use the reference loosely since I actually got a voucher for use in the samsung e-store when I recently upgraded my phone)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • My Gear VR unit arrived today! *happy dance*

• Daraius said:
    For my birthday on Friday I got myself three public utility accounts, a home insurance policy, and an internet plan. My grandma got me a sword. :D
    Welcome to the big wide world of adulthood! (If that was indeed the reason you got those things on your birthday :p )
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    "You suck as an individual. You're not exceptional, frankly you're barely average compared to other classes, but some real idiots screwed up the curve. Pray in thanks to whomever watches over you that there were enough underachievers in your class to make you look vaguely knowledgeable."

Though I'd expect such a reply could dent student reviews xD
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Explain a B. Hah.

Nobody in my remedial Latin class passed. Everyone has significant improvement so I'm calling it a win because none of them were really expected to pass, and some of them got pretty close, but nobody passed.

So glad that class is over. The not-remedial Thebaid class had reasonable grades and was a lot more entertaining to teach.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Why is remedial Latin class a thing?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Morbidly curious what Portius's "Rate My Professor" looks like. Is it at Umbridge levels, I wonder?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    As far as I can tell, a mixture of social expectations and incompetence. It's only for the absolute introductory course, so it probably helps pad GPA for people who realized that they couldn't handle it too late to drop, too. I think the university also requires the intro for some of its history courses for the medieval people, but that's outside my department so I don't know much about it. I'm really glad that I'm done teaching it.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Seminary and med school both could conceivably require Latin.
    Luce said:
    Seminary and med school both could conceivably require Latin.
    Thankfully, not being in the Roman Catholic Church (about the only Church that still uses Latin), I only had to suffer through Koine Greek and Ancient Hebrew. While Hebrew was a lot of fun, Greek was a nightmare :( .

Sylandra said:
    Morbidly curious what Portius's "Rate My Professor" looks like. Is it at Umbridge levels, I wonder?

Mostly split between Latin people saying that it's really hard and Thebaid people saying that I know my stuff but make awful puns. The Latin people have compared me to Snape a few times.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    So I've formally applied for the new job. I was talking to my contact with the company and apparently had never bothered to read his email signature, which states "Vice President of Commercial Lending." AKA he's 3 or 4 steps below the CEO of one of the largest banks in the US.

My heart = stopped.

• Celina said:
    So I've formally applied for the new job. I was talking to my contact with the company and apparently had never bothered to read his email signature, which states "Vice President of Commercial Lending." AKA he's 3 or 4 steps below the CEO of one of the largest banks in the US.

My heart = stopped.
    Not to pee on your parade, but please be aware that banks love the VP title and tend to over-use it a) in lieu of a more appropriate salary (maybe I am making less money, but I am a VP!) b) to give exterior contacts the illusion that they're dealing with someone more important. In fact, this is almost always a middle-management position.

Just... don't be dazzled. Corporate banks treat their employees notoriously poorly. (Run run run away.)
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!