MD/DC Summer Time!

Comments

• Yoyo will post about date/time on Saturday or so, he's the one arranging it and he's still not back in the country.
  • Pectus said:

Orventa said:
    Catching up, so is there a spot where we'll all meet yet? :) Also if anyone's still around sunday, I'd be happy to give a free tour of the museum/gallery/crazy maze I work in!
    Oh man.. Now I want to stay overnight just so we can go to that! Guh. Money why.
    @Orventa: It looks like some of us are staying over and would love to come see your museum. How much does it cost?

• edited August 2014
    @Pectus
    Sundays are FREE from 11am-2pm Since I can get you in under our music jam sessions! https://www.omansion.com/museum/sro/reservation.shtml?Event=Jammin After about.. 3ish we go to the self-guided reservations which are linked below. $10/per

You're welcome to donate if you like, but not required. Stuff is exactly that, any stuff you care to be rid of. Also, all you have to fill out is the red diamond areas for jammin, don't worry about entering payment if that's not what you want to do. Or do, if you want to!

Saturday and any other days are $10/per. https://www.omansion.com/museum/buy_tickets/tour/?Event=Self-Guided Tour

If you plan to go, make a reservation and let me know what time.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • I would absolutely love to come, but I'm not really familiar with the DC area. I would also have to see what I can do in terms of arrangements, as I live further north. Is it still planned for the 16th?

• Iorwen said:
    I would absolutely love to come, but I'm not really familiar with the DC area. I would also have to see what I can do in terms of arrangements, as I live further north. Is it still planned for the 16th?
    it is. where about are you, I am coming down from Pittsbrugh and am looking for anyone that may want to carpool.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Arimisia said:

Iorwen said:
    I would absolutely love to come, but I'm not really familiar with the DC area. I would also have to see what I can do in terms of arrangements, as I live further north. Is it still planned for the 16th?
    it is. where about are you, I am coming down from Pittsbrugh and am looking for anyone that may want to carpool.
    Honestly, I am far enough north that I would have to fly into DC, but I think that I still have a free voucher that I could use to cover the ticket. I am in Vermont.

• edited August 2014
    @Arimisia and I are planning to visit a few historical sites in the afternoon if anyone wants to join us! We're going to the Smithsonian and zoooo. And the reflecting pool. Though.. We're probably going to get sooo loosst.

Come onn. You know you wanna hang out with us and make Lusternia jokes that no one else in the surrounding area will understand!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Pectus said:
    Come onn. You know you wanna hang out with us and make Lusternia jokes that no one else in the surrounding area will understand!
    "How did that man get a statue without drinking Fain's elixir?" 

...@Iosen would probably push me in the reflection pool for that one.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I need an accurate headcount; post again if you will be attending, and if you'll be bringing anyone with you.
  • Hi! The Pectus party will include Pectus, Tremula, Iosen, and Undefined Ephemeral.

• Yomoigu said:
    I need an accurate headcount; post again if you will be attending, and if you'll be bringing anyone with you.
    I will be attending, by myself.

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I will be there. @Xena is my +1. :D
  • Does anyone know of any decent hotels in the area?

• I will be attempting to as well with a +1
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• edited August 2014
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited August 2014
    Iorwen said:
    Does anyone know of any decent hotels in the area?
    I'm looking to hopefully stay overnight for Sunday and planning on splitting with someone else, if we find a good and relatively cheap one, I'll let you know.

While Saturday is a sure thing for me, I want to make sure in regards to Sunday and overall affording of things before I 100% commit.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • @Yomoigu

Me and Llli

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • @neos @iorwen if you guys don't mind short term stays, airbnb can be nice for 1-2 day stays in dc. These are for Dupont, but there's other metro close neighborhoods as well.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Washington-DC?guests=3&room_types[]=Entire+home/apt&neighborhoods[]=Dupont+Circle

• Arimisia and I found a nice one in Arlington? Not the most fancy, but not a bad price. And they have free breakfast.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Same week as Gencon...
  • Um. @Vetala just pointed something out to me. Is there any chance this could be a problem for us?

• that's just for this week, it looks like. It'll be long over by the time of our meet on the 16th.
  • I will be here for this!

Where is the laser tag? The closest laser tag places I know of is in Laurel, MD... which is a 30 minute drive from downtown. 
  • edited August 2014
    Wish I knew more about the MD/DC area - I know of a Lasertag arena in the Eden, MD area that actually runs the same system we use at my workplace (yes, I work at a lasertag arena, albeit on the other side of the world... >_>), if that is the one you guys are talking about, I'd definitely recommend giving it a try :)  Very likely NOT the one you guys are referring to though.

Never mind, did a little more research and Eden is a good 120 miles out of the Central Washington area :p WAY too far away.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • If you're going to stay over night, please book your hotel soon! So you get the best price, and you know for sure you'll have a place to stay :D

• edited August 2014
    I've booked my hotel and flight, and I am ready to go! So excited! I will be staying over late on Sunday. Are people still planning to go out to the Smithsonian?

• Iorwen said:
    I've booked my hotel and flight, and I am ready to go! So excited! I will be staying over late on Sunday. Are people still planning to go out to the Smithsonian?
    Well. Arimisia and I were trying to get some historical sight/site seeing planned for Saturday, including the Smithsonian zoo. COme with us! You know you want to :D

• Pectus said:
    Iorwen said:
    Well. Arimisia and I were trying to get some historical sight/site seeing planned for Saturday, including the Smithsonian zoo. COme with us! You know you want to :D
    I definitely will.

• Iorwen said:
    Pectus said:
    Iorwen said:
    I definitely will.
    Yay! Bring trainers/sneakers/runners/whatever you call them, since there will be a lot of walking!

We'll try to figure out a time as we get closer. Is there anyone else who would like to join us?

• Here's a website if anyone wants to beep around. Admission is free for the ones we're going to!

..Which is good, since a lot of us are poor B-)