Simple Ideas

Comments

• Agreed, everyone knows begging is the number one job in lusternia, we should be allowed to get officially made clothing for it ^^.

Also I am quite surprised at those levels below Tawdry. I never knew it went so far. I must experiment.
  • I was just thinking of how we should really have a neutral library that rogues could publish to, or just anyone who wants to write works that would not get approved by their org. The problem would be having a librarian for this, but I got all daydreamy about the RP potential either way.

Imagine you could have a Hallifaxian publish something that'd otherwise get censored, or maybe a really controversial work with compelling arguments about how two opposing forces have a lot of shared similarities.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    IIRC tawdry is the lowest you could get, well besides being naked.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I thought tawdry was below nude
    The playa you love to hate
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It is, in the sense of it giving a bigger boost to charity influencing.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I thought nude actually works against you?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Siam said:
    I thought nude actually works against you?
    I guess that depends. Wouldn't it be beneficial in making people feel awkward so they'll give you money to go away? :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Please Gods let me use says in custom emotes. I WILL GIVE YOU ALL OF MY MONEY FOR THIS. :(
    Xeltha said:
    Please Gods let me use says in custom emotes. I WILL GIVE YOU ALL OF MY MONEY FOR THIS. :(
    You can use says in custom emotes. They simply won't be colored. Now give me all your money. :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Rialorm said:
    I was just thinking of how we should really have a neutral library that rogues could publish to, or just anyone who wants to write works that would not get approved by their org. The problem would be having a librarian for this, but I got all daydreamy about the RP potential either way.

Imagine you could have a Hallifaxian publish something that'd otherwise get censored, or maybe a really controversial work with compelling arguments about how two opposing forces have a lot of shared similarities.
    Celest accepts rogue publishers! We even pay them.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Xeltha said:
    Please Gods let me use says in custom emotes. I WILL GIVE YOU ALL OF MY MONEY FOR THIS. :(
    You can use says in custom emotes. They simply won't be colored. Now give me all your money. :D
    But colors :(
  • You could just config your says and emotes to show the same color
    The playa you love to hate
  • Xeltha said:
    You could cheat the way says works. Say <blah> just puts quotes around the blah. You could do something like: say (Looking at the rock) I don't know, it looks like a rock" Ayisdra pushes the rock with his foot, flipping it over. "Feels like a rock too.

and it would come out as (in say blue)

Looking at the rock, Ayisdra says, "I don't know, it looks like a rock" Ayisdra pushes the rock with his foot, flipping it over. "Feels like a rock too."

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I do that a lot. It'd just be nice for emotes to go "Oh, hey, there's quotes, let's change that to the configged say color".
  • Aetolia does it. We asked. It's not a priority.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Would that make things tricky if you ever wanted to use scare quotes in a say? I guess you'd have to use an apostrophe instead of a quotation mark?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2014
    Daraius said:
    Would that make things tricky if you ever wanted to use scare quotes in a say? I guess you'd have to use an apostrophe instead of a quotation mark?
    Or it would just make the stuff in quotes scary and blue.

I CAN'T DEAL WITH THESEQ UOTES OMGORMHRTHNDgrg
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2014
    Also the new emoting stuff in HELP EMOTING pls.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Would it be possible for the output of SKINDESIGNS X to show the weight of the tattoo in the summary?  Something like

*******************************************************************************
    [ID]    [Org]         [Weight]      [Description]                                            
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4357    Public        5               a circlet of tiny flowers
    10518   Public       1               a lonely teardrop
    13659   Public       5               a crown of thorns
  • Tarkenton said:
    Would it be possible for the output of SKINDESIGNS X to show the weight of the tattoo in the summary?  Something like

comm requirements for designs would be awesome too! 
  • Daganev said:
    Tarkenton said:

Other than very generic (i.e. "50 tints"), it probably wouldn't be very viable. For instance, writing out all the required tints needed for tattoos when there might be some that require some of every shade of tint out there would get extremely cluttered.

• Tarkenton said:

This so much. It alone would speed up design consultancy so much. Maybe also put there what the maximum weight is per body part, when filtering designs by that or just in general?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Quick addition to GMCP (preferrably Char.Status or some other rarely-used header, definitely not Char.Vitals): The IC date.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Quick addition to GMCP (preferrably Char.Status or some other rarely-used header, definitely not Char.Vitals): The IC date.
    So much this. Anything to make the life of an astrologer easier
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Daganev said:
    Tarkenton said:

Other than very generic (i.e. "50 tints"), it probably wouldn't be very viable. For instance, writing out all the required tints needed for tattoos when there might be some that require some of every shade of tint out there would get extremely cluttered.
    I was thinking about for forging. I'm always asked what the cheapest design is.
    edited December 2014
    Daganev said:
    I was thinking about for forging. I'm always asked what the cheapest design is.
    You can have a long list of components in forging, too.

Example:

forging masterweapons 19975
    You carefully study a forging design.
    Item: Rapier  Type: Masterweapons  Org: Public  Designer: Keldry
    Commodities: steel 170 bluetint 10 silver 10 gold 10 onyx 2 leather 5 gems 1 fireessence 5

• You could always write a script that has a table with price estimates of comms, then when you look at a design have it parse the comms list and print an estimate under it. You'd still need to inspect stuff and keep track of what is cheap but it is a start. Or you can make a cheap design of your own and make that for people.
  • **************************************************************************************************
    [ID]    [Org]     [Description]             [Commodities]                           
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    gold 10 onyx 2 leather 5 gems 1 
    4357    Public    a blue fire rapier steel 170 bluetint 10 silver 10 
    fireessence 5

10518   Public    a fine  weapon gold 20 iron 100 leather 20
    wood 15 scorpion 30

13659   Public    a simple weapon steel 150 gold 50 iron 50

I'm not seeing the issue.  *shrug*   Would make a good toggle.
  • Rialorm said:
    You could always write a script that has a table with price estimates of comms, then when you look at a design have it parse the comms list and print an estimate under it. You'd still need to inspect stuff and keep track of what is cheap but it is a start. Or you can make a cheap design of your own and make that for people.
    The request is normally something along the lines of, "I want the cheapest design that has crows in it"  So I look at all the crow designs and compare the comms to the current prices in the comm shop.  It would speed things up, that's all.

Then again, a command to allow someone to look through the catalog themselves would be even better.  Something along the lines of 
    SHOW FORGING MASTERWEAPON CATALOG TO <person>