Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2015
    Oh, that's spiffy. Well it did back in my day. >:(

Edit: seriously, what a buff. I'd go BT if I didn't hate melds.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Your day was like five years ago, old woman.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Mana vitality is also in high magic, not lowmagic.
  • Celina said:

I am a BT. I just checked as I type this and it doesn't consume Eq/Bal at the comment.
    At the moment I don't have Crow Transed at the moment, I think @akuno just got it, @Astraea might have it.
     They're both  -Woods though.Hmm, Kalia has it I assume, but she hasn't been on as much as she would like (and not during raids/etc). DOn't think @elorra  is a PKer, not sure about others. Um, basically we are working on it...

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited March 2015
    Tylwyth said:

Celina said:

I am a BT. I just checked as I type this and it doesn't consume Eq/Bal at the comment.
    At the moment I don't have Crow Transed at the moment, I think @akuno just got it, @Astraea might have it.
     They're both  -Woods though.Hmm, Kalia has it I assume, but she hasn't been on as much as she would like (and not during raids/etc). DOn't think @elorra  is a PKer, not sure about others. Um, basically we are working on it...

Treebourne in druidry is what removes the balance requirement to cling/perch. Pretty sure it was a Hartstone report, but eh... what can you do?

EDIT:

Treebourne          The canopy is as much your home as anywhere.
    • Master 20%
    • So used are you to being in the canopy, you can now cling tightly to the trees without using any balance whatsoever. If you specialize in Crow and have the Perch ability, you can also use this with no balance cost.

Furthermore, you will be able to glance at the ground with no balance cost.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2015
    It was. The point was to remove random falling out of trees due to weather as an inherent (passive) druid ability. Instead, we got balanceless cling (and perch).
    Enyalida said:

It was. The point was to remove random falling out of trees due to weather as an inherent (passive) druid ability. Instead, we got balanceless cling (and perch).

Oh, I know... and get it. I was a BT during that time too... was quite fun. Anyway.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Guys, @Tremula, @Illidaen, @Elorra, @Tau, @Yarith. I'm sorry I poofed after the stage 2 claim. Had an ISP outage and the internet just returned a couple of minutes ago. :(
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Synkarin said:

Stay classy @Maligorn

Synkarin said:

Metawake doesn't shut down Loralaria, it just shuts down you.

Synkarin said:

I'm surprised you for one are arguing this, Mr. I'm not interested in fighting anyone with metawake up because it's too hard to learn how to kill otherwise. That's screaming I only care about an easy button kill.

A bit of staircase wit, but seriously, you need to get off that high horse.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Talk about /late. Are you mad that I'm throwing your own admissions back at you? 

It's okay @Maligorn, you're a casual PKer, and aren't interesting in learning how do anything more than easy button skysforzando your way to victory. Just don't try to sit here and pretend that you're being reasonable and completely balanced when you've admitted that you don't want to be anything more than that. :D

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited March 2015
    Oh man, the elitism is real. I figured the smugness was just playful irony.

Just because I want to be casual doesn't mean I can't understand the nuances of PK. Please refer to the above statement. If Loralaria were so easily game-able, more people would be doing it (saving me the trouble because I straight up hate being a bard).

Next thing he'll tell us is that Munsia's Pollute damage is balanced because we could so easily manakill her afterwards, rubble and passive stun notwithstanding. Let me just "get better".

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    If transmology were so easily gameable, more people would be doing it too!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited March 2015
    Yeah nerfing double haegl seems reasonable to me. It's probably been needed
    Maligorn said:

Oh man, the elitism is real. I figured the smugness was just playful irony.

Just because I want to be casual doesn't mean I can't understand the nuances of PK. Please refer to the above statement. If Loralaria were so easily game-able, more people would be doing it (saving me the trouble because I straight up hate being a bard).

Next thing he'll tell us is that Munsia's Pollute damage is balanced because we could so easily manakill her afterwards, rubble and passive stun notwithstanding. Let me just "get better".

Remember - absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, meaning that the skills themselves are the only determining factor on how powerful they are or are not, not how many people are using them. By that argument, we'd all be Illuminati! Guess how many Illuminati we had at Nature, or Justice? It starts with a 'z' and ends with 'ero.' 

If you hate being a bard - then switch.... no one is forcing you to play it.

As for Munsia's damage, you'd have to show the log. I mean only 5 people died, two of them were omened, the rest tanked it, so you're going to need to provide a little more evidence besides, I believe as you put it earlier, the waaahmbulance.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited March 2015
    3 were omened. Avurekhos survived. He may have been serpented.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Snake totem and drawdown dmp give him great poison survivability, though. You'd really need to be night/crow to beat it.

For the record, I took around 3.5K from that.

• Vivet said:

Snake totem and drawdown dmp give him great poison survivability, though. You'd really need to be night/crow to beat it.

Hit me for over 3.2K and Kellthuru for over 4.3K.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited March 2015
    o Athletics BREATHE will no longer affect endurance use, and insteads 
    provides a small celerity/movement bonus and some asphyxiation 
    resistance. 

Any chance we can get endurance loss on bashing and running around disabled with this change? At the moment, this will actually cripple us a bit!
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ah, yeah. The entire basis of report 1316 was that the skill would be useless once endurance goes the way of the dodo, but so long as endurance and endurance drains are around, it still serves a very real purpose. Should either remove the endurance costs or switch the skill back until endurance is removed entirely.

• Bad idea : treadmill+phone client
    Rivius said:

o Athletics BREATHE will no longer affect endurance use, and insteads 
    provides a small celerity/movement bonus and some asphyxiation 
    resistance. 

Any chance we can get endurance loss on bashing and running around disabled with this change? At the moment, this will actually cripple us a bit!
    Admin said multiple times that reports would be accepted, but not implemented until relevant in the Overhaul.

E.g. this report shouldn't have been worked in until willpower/endurance was actually chopped. @Ieptix @Saesh where you at.

• I think Aero is probably the best meld class now.  Will have to test and see how strong.  We get less group hindrance utility (but radmesnes are crazy no matter what), but dayyyumm.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    Kalliste said:

Vivet said:

This sounds normal to me for a pollute, I honestly was expecting higher numbers. As was mentioned "Kellthuru" (which I'm assuming is Kelly) was omened, which accounts for the boosted damage.

Not sure how this can be perceived as OP then.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:

Kalliste said:

Vivet said:

This sounds normal to me for a pollute, I honestly was expecting higher numbers. As was mentioned "Kellthuru" (which I'm assuming is Kelly) was omened, which accounts for the boosted damage.

Not sure how this can be perceived as OP then.
    Not sure where people are getting those numbers. I ate 6.2k from the pollute and pretty sure I wasn't under omen there. That said, it's all about damage typing rather than anything else. Pretty sure my cyclone does a decent chunk of damage... but considering how much easier it is to get cold/electric resistance and how mine isn't a single damage type so I can't give the whole chunk a full buff...

I just saw the quote of the pollute, and from the looks of it, only 3 people actually died from the pollute, then Maligorn from the meld tick immediately following, and then Elanorwen from a staffcast.

I'd be curious to see logs of that fight leading up to the deaths.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited March 2015
    Ugh, Pollute. Ugh to all mage versions of pollute. 3.2k for one hit is pretty OP when you consider they can do it to everyone from a room away, the geos just add in the extra problems of the stun that prevents everyone from recovering immediately after the hit and that extra bit of damage. With staff and pollute both being ranged, a artied out geo can pollute+staff anyone, even high tier artied combatants, with the combo from the complete safety of another room. Cray cray.

It should have been envoyed years ago when Fillin was abusing the crap out of pollute + rockslide + phantomspheres, but what can you do. Back to envoy wars! Hard to take the time to fix things that need to be fixed when certain guilds *coughaeromancerscough* are nuclear buffing themselves and you have to spend your reports just trying to keep up. 

edit: Incidentally, this is why I never tried to address twist. Why shoot myself in the foot when so many envoys don't seem remotely interested in balancing the game to be dynamic and interesting. Why screw with my 1 kill method when you have this mess going on. I made the mistake of making minor tweaks to SDs with small fae buffs here and there after choke instead of going full nuclear mode and giving myself shadow death bombs and shazbat-attack. I should have known.
    edited March 2015
    Dunno, it's not as strong as people think it is. If you're throwing claws on someone, you've just dumped 3p on them... three double-haegls later, they're at over 40% mana and you're at the point where you're entering the territory of... either I keep spamming double haegl with no way to capitalize on it or I lose any kind of headway I've made on them. Seems pretty balanced to me. You either approach the whole thing a bit more cleverly or you can forget about killing anyone with it. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I can cremate pretty much anyone 1:1 as a pyro in meld in all of six balances. True, it's a one-shot kill and you won't be repeating it soon, but it can happen. I'm amused that so many people are complaining about an instant kill that hasn't even been tested in either group or solo situations as yet. But no, someone picked up our mana kill toy and we will throw tantrums about it until it's nerfed? Please. Admins have clearly stated that if numbers are a bit too much, it will get nerfed on their end... although I'm not seeing it myself. If someone doesn't have curing, sure, they'll get screwed by it... but since when have we been balancing on the person that walks into a fight without a single curing trigger again? Let's delete all guilds/skillsets/races and let everyone PvP with kick/punch. It will certainly be balanced then.

EDIT: Heck, to address the issue with someone not having curing, I can actually just as easily bring up dysbaric pressure and point out how I can kill anyone that doesn't know how to cure cloudcoils by just having them sit in my meld and then walk in and cast dysbaric pressure on them. It's happened before... I throw my tk diagnose combo on someone, see they have 5+ cloud coils, just dysbaric and move on to the next target.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    No omen, no sensitivity. Good times... ;).

With a deliberate gesture Morbo pulls the clouds surrounding you into a tight, roiling sphere that seems to bend time with its weight. Dramatically, he throws his hands wide to send a maelstrom of clouds swirling outward in a warped vortex.

10014h, 4586m, 6528e, 10p, 24900en, 24896w mexkd<>-
    Bands of spiralling clouds swirl and twist sinuously around your surroundings, constricting together with a grating sigh.
    Time slows as frigid coils of cloud contract around you, squeezing the air from your lungs while lightning burns across your skin where the tendrils of cold mist cling to you.
    A rush of icy air leaves your pores and surrounds Morbo in a frigid cloud, turning his potions to slush.
    1590h, 4641m, 6528e, 10p, 24900en, 24894w mexkd<>-

(The Assimilated): You say, "8424."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Siam said:

Guys, @Tremula, @Illidaen, @Elorra, @Tau, @Yarith. I'm sorry I poofed after the stage 2 claim. Had an ISP outage and the internet just returned a couple of minutes ago. :(

It's okay. I was wondering what had happened, but "because politics" I couldn't just run in and check and see what had happened. ::::/
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    edited March 2015
    Elanorwen said:

Dunno, it's not as strong as people think it is. If you're throwing claws on someone, you've just dumped 3p on them... three double-haegls later, they're at over 40% mana and you're at the point where you're entering the territory of... either I keep spamming double haegl with no way to capitalize on it or I lose any kind of headway I've made on them. Seems pretty balanced to me. You either approach the whole thing a bit more cleverly or you can forget about killing anyone with it. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I can cremate pretty much anyone 1:1 as a pyro in meld in all of six balances. True, it's a one-shot kill and you won't be repeating it soon, but it can happen. I'm amused that so many people are complaining about an instant kill that hasn't even been tested in either group or solo situations as yet. But no, someone picked up our mana kill toy and we will throw tantrums about it until it's nerfed? Please. Admins have clearly stated that if numbers are a bit too much, it will get nerfed on their end... although I'm not seeing it myself. If someone doesn't have curing, sure, they'll get screwed by it... but since when have we been balancing on the person that walks into a fight without a single curing trigger again? Let's delete all guilds/skillsets/races and let everyone PvP with kick/punch. It will certainly be balanced then.

EDIT: Heck, to address the issue with someone not having curing, I can actually just as easily bring up dysbaric pressure and point out how I can kill anyone that doesn't know how to cure cloudcoils by just having them sit in my meld and then walk in and cast dysbaric pressure on them. It's happened before... I throw my tk diagnose combo on someone, see they have 5+ cloud coils, just dysbaric and move on to the next target.

Okay first, your hyperbole about kicking, punching, and no curing is noted and this is my face:  :|

Secondly, I don't know if you are intentionally not looking at PK in a realistic context or if you think PK is putting double haegl on repeat and calling it balanced because no one died to it. Both are pretty ridiculous approaches to balance. 

I am telling you, as a former Blacktalon runist who predominantly focused on swoop kills with haegl, that it is fairly easy to get someone to 25% with double haegl and fused haegl, and I did it without claws, mental afflictions to force focus mind, and 2 passive mana drains from a demesne. I did it against very competent PKers, and it was not overly difficult. In group scenarios, where all you literally have to do is spam double haegl, it was even easier. I'm still a mana kill class, and it's becoming apparent to me that you don't really grasp the concepts surrounding mana kill strategies, it's not just smash your drain button and call it a day, and not being able to do that does not mean your skill is a-ok. The entire point is that BTs, who had less tools available to them, could reasonably accomplish this kill scenario and you thought it appropriate to give yourself a beefed up version of it.

Instead of taking this input for what it is, feedback from an uninvolved party who has an apples to apples comparison grounded in legitimate PK experience with a nearly identical mechanic, you take the position of criticizing people who are theory crafting while simultaneously making a point that it's fair because you have some theory crafted idea about pyromancers we should all take seriously. The irony and hypocrisy of that conflict in your own post is just overwhelming. 

You need to take a step back, get some perspective, and not act like you know it all. Do you know why I don't get involved in illuminati debates? Because I don't have any hands on experience with the class. Do you know why I am giving you this feedback on a mana kill? Because between SD, Harbinger, and Blacktalon, I have played mana kill classes for the past 5 years. If that's a "tantrum," to you, I'm okay with that. I'm just going to call it feedback and experience. 
This discussion has been closed.