Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Man, no one is interested in having to work for things, they all want their easy button kills. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited March 2015
    Synkarin said:

Man, no one is interested in having to work for things, they all want their easy button kills. 

I should go buy the panic button from Gargle and customize it to be an easy button. :D

*point button at Sidd*
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Seducing over half an order's mobs should give you amnesty for that order for a few months.

#hide
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It is 8 RL hours,  @Ssaliss (sometimes it's a minute or two late due to ``reweaving'' purple text, so more likely 8 RL hours of game-clock ticks [appears to freeze during the update & backup operations to make sure everything is kosher]).
    </RANT>
  • Very early in Delphas' youth, @Tremula, I recall him being able to
    escape some Serens hunting him in the Dell thanks to Seducing a few of
    the denizens.  If someone has the balls to do it to a Godrealm then they
    should get something bigger than a shiny No Prize, and they should be
    allowed to do it.
    </RANT>
  • I don't think it's illogical for Charity
    attacks to work the way they do, @Riluna.  I don't even find these
    illogical: 1) I can beg for all of Valkira's money, then give her the
    noose for more money, or 2) I can give her the noose for money, then beg
    for the noose, then give it back to her for money.  I think all the
    influence attacks are perfect.  Sometimes I want to lock a mob out of a
    quest, sometimes I want to ``win twice'' by softening them up before
    bashing their brains out, etc.  I think ego battles are perfect the way
    they are, including loot generation.
    </RANT>
  • Shaddus said:

Seducing over half an order's mobs should give you amnesty for that order for a few months.

#hide

ORLY?
    </RANT>
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Empowering beastmaster beasts should do something helpful to that beast, and reset their ego to max once it's over. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yes please to easy win button. I'll take two.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Lavinya said:

Yes please to easy win button. I'll take two.

Crucify, omen... grapple-yank spam...

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Synkarin talking about easy buttons when an Illums can ORDER ENTOURAGE KILL <someone> and lock them down for days. ;))

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Poor Hallifax, no easy buttons for them.

No easy room entry denial, copious aeon, or stun+aeon .

Admin travesty, that.
    Maligorn said:

Synkarin talking about easy buttons when an Illums can ORDER ENTOURAGE KILL <someone> and lock them down for days. ;))

Oh, you're a bard with passive sleep and passive lust? It must be so hard to fight melders, other bards, and timed instakills. #wonka
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2015
    I must've missed a punch on my Illuminati club card for the months I was in the guild, I didn't turn into a top-tier combatant or even permalock machine as I allegedly should have.

crie4days
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Not to mention he seriously asked for passive disrupt too, lol.
    edited March 2015
    Because they can hand that out on a whim, yep. Totally doesn't require lusting first, or waiting for ticks, yep. Come on guys - the envoys for Illums have been pointing out how OP the class is since day 1. Let's not pretend that's not the case.

EDIT: That said, I'd trade SS for Symphonist any day :C

Hey man, I didn't say that illus don't have anything crazy to them, but I do think that pretending your own classes don't is equally ignorant.
    Dear Admin:

Please nerf Rock. Paper is fine. Sincerely, Scissors.
  • Enyalida said:

Because they can hand that out on a whim, yep. Totally doesn't require lusting first, or waiting for ticks, yep. Come on guys - the envoys for Illums have been pointing out how OP the class is since day 1. Let's not pretend that's not the case.

EDIT: That said, I'd trade SS for Symphonist any day :C

I don't think it was quite day 1. I distinctly remember Kalin wigging out all the time about how weak we apparently were.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Shuyin said:

Hey man, I didn't say that illus don't have anything crazy to them, but I do think that pretending your own classes don't is equally ignorant.

I didn't say we weren't strong, I'm giving an example of an "easy button" on the other side. You should be following your own advice, is what I'm saying.

Why, no one brought up illus until you did, I can't pre emptively do my duty and defend my class.

I'm just saying that if we're gonna bring up stuff we don't agree with, we all can do so for every side.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    There's a big difference between envoying for your cheesekills and being given it.

And it's like the envoy comments were ignored. More envoys supported the ego kill over the mana kill. Actual reasons were brought up, and the only reason to shoot it down was that it would put emphasis on only one tertiary (Telepaths) while ignoring that the manakill will put the emphasis on Runists, the one tertiary used most.

I would think that the Overhaul would have some self-awareness to the type of skills being added. We could destroy Nihilists, provide absolutely no help to repair them besides what I can come up with, yet give away cheesekills, ignore envoys, and prop up an already good skillset with another way to kill?

Double haegl has been bitched about forever, let's just give another guild a way to capitalize on it, ontop of their mana draining meld.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    The Overhaul should have started with the understanding that every class would eventually need its own overhaul special report overhaul, some sooner than others. There are a lot of changes that ended up being 'messier' than they could have been with a little more foresight.

However, the way it is going this time, with at least some input, however limited, from players during the process is kilometers better than it has been in the past, which is great.
    Pretty fine with making it so you can't double sling the same rune FYI. Easy fix.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited March 2015
    Silvanus said:

There's a big difference between envoying for your cheesekills and being given it.

And it's like the envoy comments were ignored. More envoys supported the ego kill over the mana kill. Actual reasons were brought up, and the only reason to shoot it down was that it would put emphasis on only one tertiary (Telepaths) while ignoring that the manakill will put the emphasis on Runists, the one tertiary used most.

I would think that the Overhaul would have some self-awareness to the type of skills being added. We could destroy Nihilists, provide absolutely no help to repair them besides what I can come up with, yet give away cheesekills, ignore envoys, and prop up an already good skillset with another way to kill?

Double haegl has been bitched about forever, let's just give another guild a way to capitalize on it, ontop of their mana draining meld.
    Being that mages already have an egokill at 50% ego, why would anyone go for a 25% ego kill is beyond me in the first place. You missed that whole argument and nobody ever brought up a reasonable explanation as to why that's not a valid point. Please.

As to more people supporting the ego kill....
    Maligorn, Lerad, Shuyin, Vivet, Kelly, Raeri, Jaamil, Tanin, Yurika, Siam against... Silvanus, Synkarin and Enyalida with a complaint about the power cost (The final version appears to be 5p btw, not 3, so I'm assuming that got taken into consideration)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited March 2015
    For:

---[Lerad on 1/18 @ 01:03 writes]:
    Seems fine to me.
    ---[Shuyin on 1/18 @ 01:45 writes]:
    Solution 1
    ---[Vivet on 1/19 @ 04:52 writes]:
    Solution 1
    ---[Jaamil on 1/19 @ 05:22 writes]:
    I would go with solution 1.
    ---[Kelly on 1/21 @ 02:53 writes]:
    I support Solution 1. This mechanic fits well with the Overhaul theme.
    ---[Tanin on 1/21 @ 21:46 writes]:
    Solution 1 looks ok to me
    ---[Raeri on 1/22 @ 10:34 writes]:
    Support, solution 1.
    ---[Yurika on 1/31 @ 06:32 writes]:
    Solution one seems acceptable
    ---[Alary on 1/16 @ 07:20 writes]:
    I like solution 1 a bit better, as...

Opposed:

---[Silvanus on 1/22 @ 04:16 writes]:
    The only thing that I think might be an issue is that Mages have access to better mana draining
    abilities than druids do (TK, RedMasque in illusions) and so it seems strange that a Mage would get
    a better manakill than a Druid.
    ---[Synkarin on 1/30 @ 04:58 writes]:
    Why not make it an ego based instakill instead? Buff the drain to max like 33%, then make the insta
    kill at 3p in cloudy terrain at 33% level (TP's can do it at 50% for 5p).
    ---[Siam on 2/11 @ 14:16 writes]:
    Solution 1 with preference for ego kill instead of mana
    ---[Enyalida on 1/22 @ 19:47 writes]:
    3p is way too cheap, even for such a low mana range for a kill. (lol swoop)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm all for giving Elementalism an ego kill since "all mages have one".
    For the record, that's a total of -two- people supporting the ego kill. Synkarin came up with completely non-sequitur arguments over Envoys to try and justify the ego kill. lol @ thinking 25% mana kill in cloudy environment is an easy button

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2015
    I had to go look up the report to know what everyone was talking about. That report is why "every class should get an overhaul," is a bad idea. Too many take the path of least resistance to envoying and needlessly buff the crap out of themselves. Some would be responsible, like Shuyin who has a track record of nerfing illuminati despite the incessant complaints from the grass is greener crowd, and some would run wild. Like whoever decided that aeros needed to be super Druids on top of being great mages.

Edit: FYi, getting someone to 25% mana with runes and a meld is easy as hell. The target had to play super defensive, and you didn't even have the decency to give it some kind of reasonable restriction like being out of the room unable to contemplate and perched like BT do, and BT don't even have passive mana drain in their meld!
    So many classes are going to be flat broken (or already are, see Nihilists) by the overhaul. There will need to be a coherent reckoning, where each guild/archetype/whatever gets a good strong looking at post-overhaul.
This discussion has been closed.