Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited May 2015
    I can't, not without permission of both the GA and GC, both of whom are notably absent. (Though, Sakaki has good reason due to his line getting cut by construction workers, and has answered all my messages quickly.)

But still, this guild leader absence is not anything new, I struggled to even get into the guild when I joined Mag, cause there was never anyone ever around.

Unless I just do whatever I want, and damn the consequences.

• edited May 2015
    Go all Judge Dredd on them and mentally say and I qoute

"I am the Law!"
  • I approve of going Judge Dredd.
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Kiradawea said:
    0100010101101100011000010110111001101111011100100111011101100101011011100000110100001010 doesn't swing that way AFAIK.
    Or does she? Guess we'll never know.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Qistrel said:
    I can't, not without permission of both the GA and GC, both of whom are notably absent. (Though, Sakaki has good reason due to his line getting cut by construction workers, and has answered all my messages quickly.)

But still, this guild leader absence is not anything new, I struggled to even get into the guild when I joined Mag, cause there was never anyone ever around.

Do that.
  • edited May 2015
    Qistrel said:

Make a proposal to change the laws (if that's what's hindering you). Give reason why it's necessary. Give the other guild leaders a deadline of <X> (IC months) to answer, give feedback, opinion etcetc. If they don't, then their silence is considered agreement. I'll bet they'll jump out of the woodwork faster than you can say their name. ;) Decision can me made either by guild leaders (all or majority) or referendum. Depends on what fits the guild really.

Honestly, I can't tell you what's right for your guild. I neither know the guild nor do I want to get involved in game politics ever again. But - and this is a big BUT actually - if a GM is rendered incapable of action due to guild laws and you cannot resolve it outside of those laws (ie by getting GA & GC to agree on a course of action due to them being absent or something) then something is wrong.

Guild laws are made by players and can be changed by players.

PS: And I personally find it rather weird that an "evil" guild has laws cutting into the GM power like that. I would have expected that in Seren or Celest but not Mag.

EDIT:

PPS: And the least invasive change I can imagine (based on your comments concerning those laws) would be that, in case of absence or vacancy of one or two guild leaders the remaining one or two leaders can make any decision necessary without the missing leader(s). If you're nice you make it optional or require the notification of the missing leader(s) and possibly even give them a certain timeframe to voice objections etc. If not then not (you're an evil guild after all, I don't see them going all 'democracy is cool').

Having a guild be incapable of action due to one (or two) guild leader(s) being on holiday or just sitting on their elected position even though they don't actively play anymore is bad. Should make it clear to them that they can either be around and play or move their ass.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited May 2015
    That's the best way to run it: Hold a vote wherein you must present your vote in person somehow - through an internal newspost, a letter, direct contact with the GM, just NOT a referendum. No one but you votes? Those aren't 'no' votes, they're absent votes and are not counted! With a unanimous vote of one out of one, <whatever> carries, moving on!

• Enyalida said:
    Hold a vote wherein you must present your vote in person somehow -.... a letter, direct contact with the GM
    All else aside, you are opening yourself up to accusations of rigging the vote if you force all the votes to go through you.  No matter how honest you are, it's still an easy shot for anyone trying to make you look bad.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Given that I know a little more about this problem, here's the deal.

Said person isn't very pro-illithoid, but he's also worked his ass off in the past for the Ninjakari. He's also had that suffix you got pissed off about for a bit over a hundred and fourty years IC, in two different guilds. Said person has held two guild leader positions numerous times, bears the guild honour, was an active combatant, and more, as well as being a prior guild patron's avatar. You can work with him and put up with him, or you can work against him, but it's likely best to at the very least be friendly with him. He's one of the few older Ninjakari who still show up and who give a damn.

Having said that, I don't know where this rule came from that you can't disfavor people. That's asinine. Just make sure when you disfavor someone, it's worth disfavoring for.

You reeeeeally need to approach Shaddus when he's standing around at the Megalith and chat him up.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Please include a synopsis of each org's Vengeance scenario, characters, and roles.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited May 2015
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
    Yeah, so it turns out that the three Ninja leaders were all misunderstanding each other. Le sigh. Communication is key people. So much fail.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    They probably thought you meant dishonoring.
    edited May 2015

Shuyin said:
    Biggest mistake was airing this out on tweets
    I don't see it as a mistake. I needed advice, I was given it.

In fact, without the advice I was given both here and in game, which helped me to think long and hard, I probably would have done something far stupider than I actually did.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zitto said:

Entirely unrelated to the politics of the Basin, I decided to write my next scholarly book as a guide to playing Vengeance.  A little bit of background reading has revealed that Mafia, the game Vengeance is derived from, has a huge, convoluted meta.  I cannot follow all of the logic of some of the threads I've looked at, as the game theory is so self-referential you have to look at previous threads that also refer to previous threads to understand the reasoning being used in the current threads.  Also, there is a fair amount of math.  Oh my goodness, it might just be easier to finally get into combat.

We had Mafia games on the forums for a while. My favorite was my FF3 (Snes) themed mafia. Arix, playing Edgar, ended up chainsaw - killing Celina during the day.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @zitto there are many strategies for each setup. Certain ones work more often then others and one must always be ready to adapt. I understand most of them however by having a forceful personality no matter what role I am i very quickly end up on both the kill list and lynch list if town side or lynch if assasin. A quirk of mine IRL is if i see a path to victory I try to get the others to see it. Hit me up IG and we can rp out my theories with you. You will of course want to point out its best to not draw to much attention to yourself (something i am bad at).
  • edited May 2015

Eritheyl said:
    Silea said:
    I'm starting to feel some people log in just to spite others.
    beyonce animated GIF

The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • edited May 2015
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • edited May 2015
    I logged on literally just to write a news post tonight, and there was a revolt going on. lol

But, I also found out I can write in the orglog for Serenwilde. That's nifty.
  • That was long one. I started gathering wanderers after getting shattered. THen my Protege showed up and I was explaingn things to her. Then, I started gathering fae, then jaamil showed up. Interesting day......
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Nice to go for an uncontested village for the first time in forever (even though we had so many people and probably would have done very well anyway), and to not be stuck in those crazy long peaced revolts like usual. I quite enjoyed playing the role of random anarchist, wandering around and debating for fun.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lavinya said:
    Nice to go for an uncontested village for the first time in forever (even though we had so many people and probably would have done very well anyway), and to not be stuck in those crazy long peaced revolts like usual. I quite enjoyed playing the role of random anarchist, wandering around and debating for fun.
    That's what I did too! :D
    Xenthos said:
    Lavinya said:
    Debating you was the closest I came to losing:

7405h, 5497m, 1507e, 10p, 27900en, 23145w Blrxkb<>- (**HSPFAlspr) {20.0922} -50 -2321
    ---------------------Ego Below Half---------------------

One more and I was a goner :)

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Lavinya said:
    Xenthos said:
    Lavinya said:

7405h, 5497m, 1507e, 10p, 27900en, 23145w Blrxkb<>- (**HSPFAlspr) {20.0922} -50 -2321

Lavinya almost got me! I forgot how bloody terrifying you were to go against! <3
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Tremula said:
    Lavinya said:
    Xenthos said:
    Lavinya said:

Lavinya almost got me! I forgot how bloody terrifying you were to go against! <3
    I knew I had you on the ropes! And you denied me, woe. So of course I had to send you some smack hidden inside some shade B-)

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Silea said:
    All revolts are three hours long in the darkest timeline.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited May 2015
    Qistrel said:

True to their word, by Monday morning local time, my Internet has been back up and running.  Should see me around again now with more stability. It's nice when a company, particularly one with a poor track record like some of the roadwork companies around here, keeps their deadline.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • edited May 2015
    Shaddus said:
    Entirely unrelated to the politics of the Basin, I decided to write my next scholarly book as a guide to playing Vengeance.  A little bit of background reading has revealed that Mafia, the game Vengeance is derived from, has a huge, convoluted meta.  I cannot follow all of the logic of some of the threads I've looked at, as the game theory is so self-referential you have to look at previous threads that also refer to previous threads to understand the reasoning being used in the current threads.  Also, there is a fair amount of math.  Oh my goodness, it might just be easier to finally get into combat.
    We had Mafia games on the forums for a while. My favorite was my FF3 (Snes) themed mafia. Arix, playing Edgar, ended up chainsaw - killing Celina during the day.
    My favorite was when I teamed up with Celina as the Care Bear mafia to defeat those damn dirty ponies
This discussion has been closed.