Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Tylwyth said:
    Qistrel said:
    When you work really, really hard on understanding the history of your guild, it's philosophies and then run for GM and win, and start trying to teach people all you've learnt, and then an old GR19 comes back, tells you everything you're doing is wrong, and laughs at you when you tell him his title is disrespectful, and refuses to change it.

Gah.
    guild disfavor him. alot
    Spread rumours tp make him unpopular. Then GUild DIsfavor him based on those rumors.
    It's mags, so you can totes do that right?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Well, if you're GM, and he's in your guild... can't you change his suffix manually?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I did. He changed it back. I'm just ranting, don't worry too much. I sometimes don't have friends online and need to rant to people. :) Thanks for all the advice though, it's helpful, the issue will be resolved.

• edited May 2015
    Tylwyth said:
    Qistrel said:
    When you work really, really hard on understanding the history of your guild, it's philosophies and then run for GM and win, and start trying to teach people all you've learnt, and then an old GR19 comes back, tells you everything you're doing is wrong, and laughs at you when you tell him his title is disrespectful, and refuses to change it.

Gah.
    guild disfavor him. alot

That's what disfavors are for, yep.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Who is it?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • GDF'd him after Nikka told Sakaki about it, waiting to see if he sees reason or if he needs to be smacked around the head a few more times.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
    Unless it's some asshat that contested and never did anything while he was in power, it's probably best to just let it go.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    It's just Sahmiam
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Eh, I wouldn't personally worry about it too much. Sahmiam isn't barely active anymore, and he was a leader in the guild for a pretty long time.
    I was just gonna not do anything. Heh.

Don't get me wrong, you can do what you want. But I've fought that battle with less useful people, and I was actually told by the Council once that I had to let Revan wear the actual title of Sohei even when he was a rogue Ninjakari and enemied to the guild, but still in the city.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I don't know, sometimes I think people count on the fact that people will just give up the fight and let them get away with whatever.

Giving in can sometimes be the beginning of a slippery slope where they just keep pushing in other areas too. Or it can save your sanity because some things aren't worth the fight. I say don't be afraid to stick to your guns just because someone is old and thinks they should be more relevant and important than the people actually actively working and building the guild, but pick your battles.

• Arena commands are confusing. lol
  • Silvanus is apparently really happy for the bloodfaire.

Anyone else scared?
  • /rage
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Finally get the chance to play the Detective... figure out exactly who the assassins are... and no one believes me.

#lusternia problems
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Kethaera said:
    Finally get the chance to play the Detective... figure out exactly who the assassins are... and no one believes me.

#lusternia problems

Play any role, Figure out who people are. No one ever listens to me.  Even in the last game when Skye voted herself :( I stated I felt it was to risky.. but to not draw suspicion to me I followed the Bandwagon.. turns out I was right about the risk :/

#VengeanceGameProblems
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm just no good at vengeance.  So I look at giant vengeance games as time to go hunting without interference.
  • I just had 16 vials along with their teardrop sigils decay at once.
    :((
  • Only 16?
    Try having one of each liquid decay all at the same time... And by 'each liquid' I mean each of the healing things, including stuff like liniment/regeneration and what not... But also one of each tea, venom and defensive beer. Much more than just 16.

If only I cared enough to get artifact vials to stop that :(
  • I have another 12 that'll be decaying in six days.
  • Silea said:
    I'm starting to feel some people log in just to spite others.
    This is Lusternia. Your suspicion is correct.
    Ventidius said:
    Silvanus is apparently really happy for the bloodfaire.

Anyone else scared?
    Catch the excitement! It's contagious!

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Silea said:
    I'm starting to feel some people log in just to spite others.
    beyonce animated GIF
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    The monthly 'why do I even play this game' is on me once again.

I have been working really hard on piecing together the ninjakari lore from our pitiful library, ghelp scrolls events posts, what I know about the illithoid, the undervault, with almost no help from older members. I finally get a coherent philosophy that I think is close to our founding principles, and explains how our guild works within Magnagora, and all the stuff that help guildmaster talks about. So I run for GM, and try to start teaching it.

And then suddenly an old guild member wakes up from a long sleep, tells me I'm stupid for wanting to honour the treaty that our city and guild signed with the illithoid, that I shouldn't call Illith 'the great mother' even though everything in our library does. Then he tries to undermine me in front of novices, tells me that everything I believe in is wrong, and tries to get other old people to wake up and support him. And I can't do anything, because I'm not allowed to guilddisfavour people. And now, apparently, I'm being petty and I need to provide logs to prove I haven't been lying about what he's been doing. Sigh.

• edited May 2015
    Qistrel said:
    The monthly 'why do I even play this game' is on me once again.

I have been working really hard on piecing together the ninjakari lore from our pitiful library, ghelp scrolls events posts, what I know about the illithoid, the undervault, with almost no help from older members. I finally get a coherent philosophy that I think is close to our founding principles, and explains how our guild works within Magnagora, and all the stuff that help guildmaster talks about. So I run for GM, and try to start teaching it.

And then suddenly an old guild member wakes up from a long sleep, tells me I'm stupid for wanting to honour the treaty that our city and guild signed with the illithoid, that I shouldn't call Illith 'the great mother' even though everything in our library does. Then he tries to undermine me in front of novices, tells me that everything I believe in is wrong, and tries to get other old people to wake up and support him. And I can't do anything, because I'm not allowed to guilddisfavour people. And now, apparently, I'm being petty and I need to provide logs to prove I haven't been lying about what he's been doing. Sigh.
    What did I tell you?

You're the GM.  Disfavour who you want.

Better yet, rewrite the guild laws.  They sound stupid and a hindrance.

Edit: I can't spell :S
    Having laws preventing even the GM from giving disfavours as required is ridiculous and counter-productive. It is suddenly becoming clear why the ninjakari have had such a long period of being a 'dead' guild. They've tied their own hands.

New blood and change is very obviously to me something the guild needs to thrive and actually retain some members. Are you a guild leader, or a figurehead? Laws change all the time to reflect the changing needs of the society they exist in. The 'old' way isn't always the best way, even if it worked before. It probably will never work that way again because the people in it have changed too. Why does everyone automatically consider different to be a dirty word?

It's why I get really irritated when people come around and complain about the city not being the same as it was 8 years ago. Of course it isn't - it's changed and adapted as people have come and gone and influenced it.

Any way, tangent there, sorry. Keep doing what you've started Nikka and I'm sure your guild will actually keep growing and retaining novices. It's sad that most of them had to learn from a Gaudiguchian because their leaders were so absent. You're good for the guild. Ignore the grumpy old lich and power on!

• Why the crap wouldn't you be able to disfavor someone if they need it? Rewrite that, pronto. You're the boss.
This discussion has been closed.