Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Neos said:

Celina said:

I AM THE STORM.

I think we need to talk...
    Uhhhh, sorry to burst your bubble, but...

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

JULY 7TH, 2009-http://www.lusternia.com/node/26172?page=95

Your Custom Zap (Approved):
    1 = What you see: "Looking skywards, you reach deeply into your bond with the Wyrd. Lightning flashes across foreboding clouds in response to your call."
    3 = What people in your room see: "$+(caster$) lifts her gaze as a shadow descends upon the area. High above, black clouds blot out the sky as a storm sends bolts of lightning streaking into the distance."
    1t = What your target sees: "A murderous storm rages above, casting a chilling shadow across you. Bolts of energy tear free from the clouds, crashing into you with the full fury of the Wyrd."
    3t = What people in your targets room see: "Obscured by the sudden darkness, $=(target$) cries out in torment as the fury of the Wyrden storm unleashes bolts of lightning into $=(lhis$) body."
    Area = What everyone in the same area sees: "Lightning splits the sky as a Wyrden storm descends upon the area."

I told you I am the storm. Since 2009. 

• It's pretty fucking sad for you to gank people just out of novicehood, on Prime, that aren't even in your area. I'm sure that's great motivation to keep them around.
    The playa you love to hate
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Question for the number crunchers/more knowledgeable than me folks out there.  Thinking of snagging some elemental damage runes, not sure which I ought to/what'd be the most effective.  Considering fire/lightning, fire/fire, or fire/poison based on the sort of (current) DMP I'm capable of getting, as well as with what mobs that there are out there that aren't weak to divinus whipping tend to be weak to.  Am I thinking correctly on what'd be most effective, or am I missing something?
    Tarkenton said:

Question for the number crunchers/more knowledgeable than me folks out there.  Thinking of snagging some elemental damage runes, not sure which I ought to/what'd be the most effective.  Considering fire/lightning, fire/fire, or fire/poison based on the sort of (current) DMP I'm capable of getting, as well as with what mobs that there are out there that aren't weak to divinus whipping tend to be weak to.  Am I thinking correctly on what'd be most effective, or am I missing something?

Fire tends to be your best bet, be it for PvP or PvE. Poison will be rather weak against Seren. Granted, there will be races that are resistant to fire, but they are by far a lot less numerous than the ones that are weak to it.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited March 2015
    For bashing weapons, don't split damage types. You get less benefit from buffs when you split damage types. For example a ruby tulip curio gives 10 fire dmp, which gives half the value if you split with electric or poison. You'd also require two tattoos instead of one, which means one less of something else you could have. You'll be able to find more mobs weak to one of your damage types, but bear in mind you'll have less of a bonus against those mobs than if you had 2 of the same rune, AND you run the risk of that mob having a weakness to 1 rune and a resistance to another. Which mobs very frequently do. 

edit: Split damage types just sucks, unless you get two great damage types. Like psychic/excoro or fire/divinus. It's why nightkiss (the attack) is never used, ever, even for bashing. It just blows. We didn't all hit the jackpot like mages did. 

For PK, fire/fire all the way. Poison is good too, less so against Hartstone, serenguard, and moondancers due to snake totem. Not a huge deal but something to consider. 

Thanks for confirming my thought process then.  I'd heard a while back that fire/lightning was the ideal split, but gut was leaning towards fire/fire.
    edited March 2015
    It was when merian and wump was all the rage....like 5 years ago. Probably not terrible since merian is rising in popularity but with all the furries running around, fire is still king. 

edit: Also pre destrution and pre curios/tattoos/whatever other type specific buffs there are. And damage weapons actually did a lot of damage. a
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Drakius said:

It's pretty fucking sad for you to gank people just out of novicehood, on Prime, that aren't even in your area. I'm sure that's great motivation to keep them around.

Name and shame
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal

Would be my guess, @Shaddus.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited March 2015
    Shaddus said:

Drakius said:

It's pretty fucking sad for you to gank people just out of novicehood, on Prime, that aren't even in your area. I'm sure that's great motivation to keep them around.

Name and shame

Was taking a lowbie hunting in Grey Moors, Illidaen comes in, ganks the kid.

I get it though Lol NMBG No Merrrcccyyy!
    The playa you love to hate
  • Yeah, that's kinda ridiculous.
    edited March 2015
    He declared for that? That's....weird. 

edit: If it was enemy territory, sorry not sorry. Griefer code. Gotta teach them sometime. 
    Grey Moors do enemy you but I don't think they allow free pk
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I don't recall ever using Moors as a griefing ground. Slim pickings anyways. 
    If declare was used, yeah... gonna shake my head at it. If it wasn't, well... whatever, I guess... although grey moors is definitely a low-tier place for a GC to hunt in.

I'll attest to the fact that there was a conversation held about this not being cool. But, it's one of those classic eye for an eye scenarios. Poor Seneca was merely a target of opportunity to strike back on.

I don't condone it, by any means. I plan to take care of the problem from Seren directly at the source, as opposed to striking at lowbies/midbies.
  • Shaddus said:

Grey Moors do enemy you but I don't think they allow free pk

Correct. They enemy you to the Castellan of Djarrakh and the Pride of Rashaala, but since neither of them control the Grey Moors (including their own "mini-areas"), there's no free PK there. There might be other places with similar properties (I'm unsure if the Versavir Valley and/or the Hifarae Hills follow the same pattern, for instance).
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Oh hey, that's right where I was disconnected.

• wonderwand transform epic
    Holding the Bloodstained Wand of Temporal Order aloft, you wave it vigorously back and forth until it glows with an incandescent light before transforming into Kiakoda's Crooked Wand of Holy Seal.

OK, sure.
    Celina said:

Some people deserve to be griefed. Some people do things that don't make any sort of RP sense just to piss off and ruin the game for other players. I am happily going to grief one such player into oblivion.

:(
    Shaddus said:

Celina said:

Some people deserve to be griefed. Some people do things that don't make any sort of RP sense just to piss off and ruin the game for other players. I am happily going to grief one such player into oblivion.

:(

I won't gried you. I'll only grief your heart.
  • @Ushaara *shakefist*
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Celina said:

This is why you are loved, @Celina.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Chade said:

@Ushaara *shakefist*

Allez les Bleus!
  • Ushaara said:

Chade said:

@Ushaara *shakefist*

Allez les Bleus!
    DAMN YOU! :D (Beautiful performance though!)

I'll be back in 2 hours or so to laugh or cry. Doubt I'll be sober.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Siam's first meeting involving tea went like this: OHMYGODAMISIPPINGTOOOFTEN?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• @Ushaara OMG this is mental. How the hell the scoreline is 27-15 at the end of the first half I have no idea.
This discussion has been closed.