Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It was paid for by you, but it was a present for us.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Totally true. 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Fortunately the inverse inverse doesn't hold, or I would be up to my ears in Divines.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Something has gone wrong.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited March 2014

Hartstone images!

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

That must be the astral duck @Talan keeps telling Makodi about.
  • Talan said:
    Something has gone wrong.
    Yeah, been getting that error on and off for the past day or so.

edited March 2014
    REFRESH. REFRESH. REFRESH.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Whoops! There was an error.
    Be warned, be wary...of Sia-

#bringShikariback 

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Talan said:
    Something has gone wrong.
    Whoops! There was an error.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Please check back in a little while.

(PS: When you check back I will tell you the same thing)
  • Just about everybody is pissing me off right now. Perhaps I need a break.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Parua said:
    Just about everybody is pissing me off right now. Perhaps I need a break.
    Even me?! D:
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Shaddus said:
    That must be the astral duck @Talan keeps telling Makodi about.
    Even White Hart kneels before that duck. Its predatory stare is most frightful and unsettling. See how the ducklings rally to its corrupt cause. Be still, be quiet. It can taste your fear.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    The Wyrd glows mauve on Eth Glom tonight...not a Daughter to be seen...

#bringShikariback 

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Siam said:
    The Wyrd glows mauve on Eth Glom tonight...not a Daughter to be seen...
    A commune of isolation
    And it looks like... I'm the Queen?
    Let it grow, let it grow.
    Rykinia said:
    This has to be the creepiest gif I've ever seen in my life.

Nocht.

Please don't kill me.

#bringShikariback 

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Is that Patchou the Moon Cat?

• Shaddus said:
    This has to be the creepiest gif I've ever seen in my life.
    This is the part where I say, "Challenge accepted!" - right?
  • edited March 2014

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

edited March 2014
    What is this i don't even

Edit: if this is what I think it is, just put their order-related stuff in the pool and renounce them publicly. After the zaps are over, they'll leave you alone.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited March 2014
    This, I most certainly agree with, it is disheartening to see all these curio sets popping up as monthly promotions where the only avenue to get them is by shelling out money ala micro-transactions.  If there was the option to get some of the pieces via the artifact shops using credits, it wouldn't be so jarring.  Even if a "lucky dip" option was set up where you paid 100 credits for 20 COMPLETELY random curio pieces (could be from ANY of the curio sets currently in existence), it would still be an improvement.  I don't know about other people, but personally I am on a critically limited budget, I simply don't have the money to fork out on luxuries like credit packages these days, so I get my credits through other avenues.  Yet because these packages are ONLY available when you pay $X for X credits, those who earn their credits through in-game methods are locked out from getting them.

I must say, all these promotional curios that give out things like H/M/E/Crit boosts that raise the ceiling further is honestly putting me more and more off getting involved in combat in any form.

Currently we have:

Genie bottles (Health, Mana, Ego boost) - requires all 4 bottles of a type to get the boost, unless I am mistaken - a fairly hefty investment
    Poteen (Health, Mana, Ego boost for combat, Crit, XP, Karma, Essence boost for general)
    Heart Candies (DMP boost - Divinus/Excorable/etc)
    plus whatever else I may have forgotten in my quickly-put-together post.

tl;dr;  I'd rather see promotional curios that require real-money commitment over a relatively short timeframe be aesthetic curios without a mechanical bonus,  or the curios that give a mechanical bonus made available through the curio artifact shop, or a lucky dip option implemented.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
This discussion has been closed.