Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    A few days ago, someone was kicked out of Gaudi because "all they do is stand around at the flame or mudsex" (paraphrasing this, but it's pretty accurate).

Unless I'm misunderstanding the One Law, isn't that how Gaudi works? Do what you want unless it harms someone else? O.o
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    God damnit, pay attention. WE WERE HAPPY THAT THE CURIOS GAVE NO MECHANICAL BENEFITS. Can we say it any louder? The opening sentence here: "The leprechauns have heard some rather rude comments on how unpopular their poteen is!" sounds like it was written to mock everyone.

Yes, the curios are unpopular, because you keep flooding the game with them. Not because they aren't strong enough. How many ways/times can we say this? Thank you for taking our complaints, turning them around, and saying, "Oh, you think they're bad? Well here, HAVE SOME MORE!"

/rant
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Shaddus said:
    A few days ago, someone was kicked out of Gaudi because "all they do is stand around at the flame or mudsex" (paraphrasing this, but it's pretty accurate). Unless I'm misunderstanding the One Law, isn't that how Gaudi works? Do what you want unless it harms someone else? O.o
    Times change, life happens

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited March 2014
    Before curios were released I used to be omnitrans with four or five different tradeskills.  

I permanently forgot a lot of my these(30 lessons = curio piece) to nab some of these curios when they were first released, and will honestly say I regret doing that now.  Although some of the ones I completed early will be very rare later down the line, it's hard to keep up with all these new insane crit/dmp/health buff curios.

I don't think these additions are a -bad- idea, but they are not cheap to obtain; especially since we can no longer obtain coins from rubbing pieces anymore.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Those flares at 2AM when you're the only person online in your city? Fun times.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

My clock says 2:54 PM. OH, RIGHT. The world is round.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited March 2014
    Technically, the poteen ones still suck. No one's going to use them for feature creeping. 3 burps = max alcohol, with only a small chance of getting feature creep boosts, for 60 edit: minutes, not seconds. 1 burp will probably give you some hefty drunkenness, and will probably impede bashing/influencing more than help it.

I still haven't properly transferred all my old aliases. That entire skirmish I was mashing my keyboard yelling "HOW DOES I KILL JAB STRIKE SWING DIIIIEEEEEE!!!" It was still the most fun I've had in a while.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Siam said:

5pm for me! Coming into prime time (read off-peak raiding time)

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    7am here, morning world!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Lavinya said:
    Siam said:

5pm for me! Coming into prime time (read off-peak raiding for those who feel inconvenienced by a global community time)
    Fixed.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Everiine said:

I still haven't properly transferred all my old aliases. That entire skirmish I was mashing my keyboard yelling "HOW DOES I KILL JAB STRIKE SWING DIIIIEEEEEE!!!" It was still the most fun I've had in a while.

Speak for yourself, I'm on my phone without any reflexes :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Synkarin said:

Shaddus said:

A few days ago, someone was kicked out of Gaudi because "all they do is stand around at the flame or mudsex" (paraphrasing this, but it's pretty accurate).

Unless I'm misunderstanding the One Law, isn't that how Gaudi works? Do what you want unless it harms someone else? O.o

Times change, life happens
    Don't get me wrong, I kicked him out of hallifax for the same reason. I just feel bad because I figured he would fit in in Gaudi and prodded him that way.
  • Shaddus said:
    A few days ago, someone was kicked out of Gaudi because "all they do is stand around at the flame or mudsex" (paraphrasing this, but it's pretty accurate). Unless I'm misunderstanding the One Law, isn't that how Gaudi works? Do what you want unless it harms someone else? O.o

Gaudiguch is like this now because of the Orwellian undertones prominent in some of the Divine's roleplay.  This is what makes the city truly chaotic; the One Law and any sort of 'protection' it offers becomes secondary in the face of a draconian government.  The same thing happened in ancient Egypt.  It would require civil war to overthrow the cults that were using religious propaganda to keep everyone in the dark.  

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• Tetra said:

Shaddus said:

Gaudiguch is like this now because of the Orwellian undertones prominent in some of the Divine's roleplay.  This is what makes the city truly chaotic; the One Law and any sort of 'protection' it offers becomes secondary in the face of a draconian government.  The same thing happened in ancient Egypt.  It would require civil war to overthrow the cults that were using religious propaganda to keep everyone in the dark.  

What Tetra says.

Everyone has their own interpretation of the One Law but it's the city leader's interpretation that's enforced. That means the character of the city can change depending on who's in charge. If the populace don't like it, they're free to revolt.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited March 2014
    PS: How much sense does it make that 1 Poteen Pot curio costs more than 12 genie bottles did?  There's a reason that it is unpopular, and that reason is not so much that it is underpowered, it is that many people are fed up with curios in general and this thing is just so bloody expensive. :(
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Here's what should be done by the 15th:

1.) Move the Poteen pot to buyable via packages, like the genie bottles.

2.) Open a new promo to run with credit purchases. Credit % increase, dingbats, presents, whatever. Just... something else.

It's sad, because I've gotten all my overtime pay and just got paid back on a loan I lent out. I would have considered a purchase before reading announce 2310, but now I feel like I absolutely, positively cannot, based on principle. My $$$ is seen as my vote, unfortunately, and there's no way I want to come across as supporting the change, even though I just want to buy credits.

Maybe I'll still have the money by April. I don't know. We'll see.

Shaddus said:
    Today's RageTweet: If you're a gr1, Cr2, 100+ year old and you're sitting around snuggling and chatting with a 16 year old novice, don't be too surprised when I get irritated at you for yelling at defenders who are keeping your rump safe.
    It wasn't until after the fight that I caught up on what happened--I was really confused by the 'WHAT?? SERIOUSL??!! that was being yelled.

It wouldn't have been so bad, but I asked her over the guild aether to please be quiet, and she goes, "Why? Seriously, why?"
    Illithoid Demigods/Ascendants should have the Dark Reaper line in their honours typecast, especially if they've done the UV honours quest.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Rivius said:
    Unrelated to previous posts:

If you want people to do things, it's a much better approach to empower and encourage them than it is to attack them.

Unless you're influencing mobs or something.
    Gods Rivius, will you stop being 'mightier than thou' and actually get to work? Gosh, how lazy can you be

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I do not play anymore. Save for Munsia .. Do not turn on mean me and make me slaughter Mag
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Annick said:
    I do not play anymore. Save for Munsia .. Do not turn on mean me and make me slaughter Mag
    ?
    I Lol'd
    Name and shame! Delicious gossip should be shared!
    I noticed a newish person I'd never met in the Spiritsingers, and saw that they were old. They didn't really respond when I chatted them up to welcome them back, but I didn't think anything of it. We'll refer to this person as Connie.

Later on, Alary came in on a chopping raid. A few of us defended, including myself on my phone. Arien was hit with stupidity and yelled, "I like cheese!" a few times. Connie, who is 100+ years old and is off snuggling with a 16 year old, yells and asks if Arien prefers cheddar or brie. I ask her politely over the guild aether to be quiet, and she asks why.I reply with the usual "because I asked you to" sort of response, and explained that it's not right to yell at people who are defending her while she's doing nothing. 

She comes back with "I don't like that sort of response, I don't accept it." After a bit of arguing back and forth, I kicked her out of the guild. She keeps talking back at me, so I disfavour her. She keeps on, including "screw you" and "you pompous prick", as well as random other things, and I end up removing her from the commune. She sends me an OOC tell and snubs me. 

I figure it's over, and I'm chatting with Niina. After a while, she mentions that Connie won't leave her alone, sending her a barrage of both IC and OOC tells. I tell Connie's newbie friend that if Connie doesn't stop harassing people, she's going to be enemied. Connie unsnubs me and sends me another OOC tell, to which I snub her and enemy her to the commune for harassing Niina.
This discussion has been closed.